Can a spirit guide be someone from a past life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Caye, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Caye

Caye New Member

Hi, I am new to the forum. I did a guided audio meditation to meet my spirit guide. I met someone who said their name is Sean and wanted to be intimate with me. It felt very real.

When I asked why, the answer was that he was a past life love and at one point I saw that we'd had a child who drowned.
    Surprisingly none of this was disturbing and I also recieved many positive messages from the exchange.
    Should I trust this experience?

How do I know if that spirit guide was telling the truth about being from my past life or is it even possible for a spirit guide to want to be intimate? Is it safe, in a spiritual/energetic sense?

At some point it also felt like an energy exchange bargain, like I was offering that type of energy the guide wanted in exchange for help from the guide.

I'm kind if confused. And it makes me want to do a past life regression to learn more.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    cloud potato likes this.
  2. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Senior Registered

A spirit guide can most certainly be someone from a past life. But, when dealing with spirit you always want to be certain that the individual is who he or she claims to be. Demonic entities have been known to impersonate spirit. Just to be on the safe side, you would want to challenge this individual's identity to ensure that they are who they claim to be. In other words, go "Biblical" on them. True spirit won't take offense to that, but a demonic entity would. You don't want any of the latter forming an attachment to you.

Eva1942 likes this.
  3. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

What AlteSeele said is correct. There have been times where I’ve challenged my Guides if I have felt as if something is off.

TRUE Spirit actually ENJOY you challenging them. I’ve had mine even OFFER for me to challenge them if I feel as if something is not right. For every new Spiritual entity you meet you must challenge them if you do not feel right. After closing my ‘spiritual door’ and opening it to only a few specific people now, I find the need to challenge less and less.

FALSE Spirit like imposters and the like, get very angry the moment you throw Bible verses at them. They start to show their true colours and then they quickly disappear.

Keep this in mind too. Spirit don’t work off linear time like we do. It is very difficult for them to think linearly, and sometimes they DO get things wrong from a linear point of view. But with practice, you can learn to think on the same level as they do, ignoring the need for linear thoughts.

YES your Spirit Guide CAN be from a past life. Both of mine are from my most recent lifetime in WWII Third Reich Germany. One is my Jewish Mutti and the other is (was back then) the love of my life who was in the SS. They both appear to me dressed differently and what they know I feel comfortable with seeing them in.

Everyone has a different way of interacting with their guides, but you should feel nothing but unconditional love from them. True Spirit are about Unconditional Love and never do anything to frighten you. They actually go out of their way NOT to frighten you. The more you feel comfortable being aware of them, they may develop certain little “hints” to tell you they are there.

Hope this has helped and all the best,
    Eva x

cloud potato and KenJ like this.
  4. Beatrix

Beatrix New Member

5. Beatrix

Beatrix New Member

Can I suggest that on your next guided journey you ask to meet your gatekeeper guide. (Yes, test that they are of the light too). You once you have them to protect you, call on them at the beginning of each journey or spiritual encounter as they will help ensure all entities that enter your space are only of the light.

My personal gatekeeper is a Toltec warrior, I ask him if it is safe for me to proceed and when it is he bangs his staff on the ground in confirmation.

I wish you well. It sounds like a lovely vision/past life journey you had.

KenJ likes this.
  6. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Is it normal for spirit guide to suddenly appear in one's memory -- physically -- and tell you not to listen to the instructions ( in my case a lady doing meditation on you tube ) ? if not imagination -- how is this even possible ? Has it happened to someone else ?

For me it began with a you tube meditation and I was enjoying scenes being a female around 1850-60's perhaps, ice skating ( that was really fun ! ) , sitting on a bench, pregnant, fresh air, the sun shining ( Relaxing and anticipating the arrival of the baby ). Then there was a scene where I was lurking behind, sort of, some flowers and tree and seeing the park's fence. Looking at a house opposite the park. Knowing ( hoping ? ) my daughter would appear. Just to see her from a distance. I started having emotions of knowing the difficult relationship with her father. He was not a drunk ( how I would know this I do not know...) , but when obliged to drink in social gatherings, which we seemed obliged to attend ( upper class ) he would not drink too much, but he would still be changed. Still be mean. His eyes changing. When others would laugh and be gay, he would be serious and tense. Very easily agitated. I would be tense too, not daring to enjoy myself. I think he might have been angry with me before about me enjoying myself, talking to someone. I was very, very aware of what I was doing and what I was saying to not offend him. It was an envy or perhaps jealousy from him that I should not be happy there. Why I can't say. I could tell there was a culture among the impressive big dining table that women drank less. When these feelings and scenes were starting to appear, inside me, suddenly first mentally but then physically a man suddenly stood in my way. He told me to ignore the lady ( from the meditation ) talking, and he got stronger, and then told me "change life". That was when I woke up. It was as if I knew him, but I really don't, not from this life I am living. I can't remember seeing him in any other past lives. I know this does not really touch on the spirit guide being someone from a past life, more their behavior during meditation, but I still hope it is OK that I jumped in this thread to ask, instead of creating my own ?

I would like to know if anyone would be so kind to share their experience if this has happened to someone or if perhaps my head just made that guy up -- for protection perhaps from a bad memory that could have escalated further ?

All the best :)
    /Jaimie

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

This is not ok, and this is not a spirit guide. Of course, you might have gotten into contact with a spirit, also possibly someone from a past life.

It doesn't mean you're not safe. That depends on you, depends on this spirit and your possible connection. We can't say anything about this. Your greatest risk is losing a lot of energy.

A real spirit guide is from a higher vibration than you, from a higher realm and quid pro quo is out of the question on that level.