Can souls choose their parents before conception?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Alexis 28, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Alexis 28

Alexis 28 New Member

Hi all

My name is Alexis and I am new to the forum. I am 22 years old and have recently started going to a spiritualist church. On my second visit the clairvoyant told me that a soul has chosen me as a parent and has attached to me and is waiting until I am ready to come to me. She also told me that the changes I make in my life over the next few years should be in preparation for this.

This has absolutely fascinated me and started my research into reincarnation.

I would just like to know more about how a soul chooses its parent and how I know what changes to make?

TIA

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Alexis! It is said that we all (or most all) make such choices before being born.

3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Hello Alexis,

welcome to this forum.
    In a book I read lately, a boy not only remembered a past life, but also the life in-between lives and that he chose his parents. As for how and why, this probably depends. There are cases of souls reincarnating into the same family again, while other people chose lives in another country. Probably has to do with what the souls wants to learn and/or experience. Maybe some expert here knows more.

Kalos likes this.
  4. -HM-

-HM- Senior Registered

I’m not sure if I chose my parents or not, or if anyone does for that matter. It could be a situational thing where some get to choose and others don’t. Or maybe some choose other aspects, like where they’ll reincarnate and/or with whom and just take whatever parents can get them to that position. I think it probably has a bit to do with what you value on a soul level. Some people value family more than others, so they might care more about that part of where they reincarnate.

I do, however, think my mom must have known me in at least my Victorian lifetime, as she’s accidentally called me by my name in that lifetime before. I was male then and I’m female currently, and neither of us know anyone with my PL name, so it isn’t like she just messed my name up or said someone else’s name. Interestingly, she called me by my real name in that lifetime as well, not by any of my aliases. I assume that could mean that she knew me in my earlier years in that life, possibly a family member, childhood friend, first wife, or maybe she was even my mom again back then. I know my mom in that lifetime was Methodist, and quite religious. Mine is as well.

5. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It's fun to speculate using our current perspective of how things work.Some things seen logical while others seem unreasonable. We build our beliefs and understandings from such small thoughts that if we trace them backward we can probably not find the seed that started it. My first thought, concerning your statement, illuminated the section of my "constructed reality" where I think that agreements are made about parts we are to play in the "theater of life" which leads me to think that the agreements would be primarily between familiar souls - but that is not a defensible perception when it comes right down to it.

Kalos and fireflydancing like this.
  6. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

I think that, when you want to visit a specific place or country, you use a plane or a train or some kind of vehicle that would get you there. You obviously can't get to Switzerland by boat so there's always a set amount of options. Then again, say you decide on plane, there's two dozen different airlines that can fly you to New York, so options again. Direct flight or not, normal or VIP ticket, aisle or window, visit a place for the first time or pick one that you got friends waiting for you when you arrive... and so on :)

Not all trips are the same and I guess variety describes our life trips best. I think we mix and match each time. I also think that picking our parents is one of the basic things that will get us there, just like picking the vehicle. It's unlikely you would fight in WWII if born in Colombia and it's (slightly? heh) more unlikely you will give birth being born male. You also can't possibly become a world famous painter being born in a hut in Mozambique. No matter your talent. That's how I see it.

fireflydancing likes this.