Can you choose an easy life in between ”learning” lives?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by libbets, Aug 15, 2018.

1. libbets

libbets New Member

I’m sorry if the title is a bit confusing, but I am wondering if one can choose a simple and happy life after having a hard life, just to relax and ”heal” before choosing a harder life the next time? Or do the soul always prefer having rough experiences so they learn faster?

I have so far figured out four past lives, and I was a man in three of them. Today I’m a woman, but in all my lives I’ve had a very hard time. I guess at the point where I am right now in life, it’s the best moment so far. But it would be nice to experience having a simple life, atleast one time.

2. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Though you choose your life, very few souls pick easy one's. They are less of a challenge. Some souls even think they can overcome everything that Earth will chuck at them! If the life you have had was rough, then you will have to recover from it, but that is done on the other side and cleanses the soul of the human body faults. Since the vast majority of human problems are caused by the human body. Each soul is different. The "white" souls are the newbies with lots to learn. Other souls will pass through a hard life as though it was a breeze. You also have to bear in mind that the human body that you are in now can give the impression of a hard life, even though it's a quite easy one in terms of difficult lives - to the other side anyway.
    Some Sprite Guides when you get to the other side, even after a very bad life, will say to you. "It wasn't that bad a life". But I would never say anything like that to any soul! But there is a wicked sense of humour there at times, so you have to on the ball.

3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Persevere Libbets. Everything has purpose, including the dark times. Simply from the stand point of a basic human lifetime, (without knowledge of reincarnation, the spirit realm, God etc...), we learn from our trials, if we choose to. And when we overcome them we enhance our lives. No one can say with certainty what the realm beyond means or says about our lifetimes here and now. It's speculation based on deep insight and spiritual wisdom... but non-the-less speculation. Graham offered some of these thoughts above. I would offer you hope by encouraging the study and practice of mindfulness. Often times hardships leave us mired in the darkness of our own mind, in order to escape we need to break free from these thoughts and situations. I have found that seeing, really seeing, the world around me in a conscious and mindful way brings my attention to the surface. Regrets, pain, sadness... these memories from the past want to hold us in the past, they make us spin our tires in the rut of these maladies. Worries of the future are the same way. When we see the here and now and pull to mind the beauty that surrounds us we find that the hardships are simply bumps in the road. Look for the beauty, the compassion and love in everything. Right now, here on the ranch, the butterflies are all over the alfalfa blooms, the beauty of these creatures, the blues and purples of the flowers, the incredible perfume emanating is a feast for the senses. There is beauty like that somewhere in your world too... look for it. When the time comes for you to crossover and meet the next realm you'll understand the meaning of all things... including the butterflies. Blessings to you... ~Tman

fireflydancing and KenJ like this.
  4. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Both Graham and Tinkerman had great things to say.

This really isn’t the place for resting. My young son (see Ian’s Story) once said that he lives on the other side, and that this is school. Every challenge we face is a lesson. Actually, even so-called easy moments can be a lesson. For example: You’re chilling, coasting through life. Everything is good. No real stress. But maybe the lesson is that you’re not paying attention. You’re not spending time with your kid. Ignoring your health. Haven’t bothered to meet the lonely neighbor. Barely even pet your poor dog.

Every single life provides lessons to be learned. It’s important to look for them. So no, I don’t think we choose “easy” lives, as this is school, and there’s no reason to be here otherwise. What Tinkerman said was lovely in that we can’t know exactly what we’re facing, but paying attention to everything (bad and beautiful) helps us along our path, whatever it may be.

5. libbets

libbets New Member

Thank you for your answers, I understand now and some of your explainations actually opened my eyes. When I feel problem-free I become one of those who forget the world around me as I sit with my phone, let my kids play alone, I don’t pet my cat as much as I should, and it’s almost like I sit and wait for something bad to happen...

I’ve been told before that I’m too busy worrying about the future that I forget to live here and now. I still have to learn that... but it’s hard to break that circle as most of my energy goes to worrying and taking care of my autistic son. I often wonder why he came to me in this life as I have to protect his siblings most days from being hurt by him, but I know in one of my former lives I was a bad and abusive father to a son... is this my lesson for that perhaps? Sometimes I think of that, but I have a hard time accepting my faith.

6. Graham76man

Autism is one of the things that the body challenges a soul, but the lesson (if any) is for you to learn how to look after a child with this condition to prove you don't have to be an abusive parent in future lives. There is no punishment for what you did. Reincarnation doesn't work like that. For all we know your son might be a Sprite Guide with loads more experience than your soul offering you a great deal of help to you. I am not saying he is, but it has happened before in many cases.

7. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Well if one wants easy there is the easy living (for many) middle and upper classes where money and resources are hardly an issue while work is generally easier without long hours being worked like machines. I do envy those who have it easy when it comes to family especially when there is very little to no problems at all be it drama or health issues ect. Some things about my life I wouldn't wish on anyone even on those who I have hated.

8. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I have always opposed the idea of ‘learning’ in life. To me, it’s experiencing and observing. I honestly don't know what I learned in this life. Of course, there will be things but right now nothing comes into my mind, except for 'learning about myself'. I turned out to be a different person to what I thought of myself as a kid. I started life as a shy and almost invisible child and during life, I discovered that I was much more than that. Every time I found myself in a challenging situation I discovered a part of me that could cope with that. And yes, I've lived a lot of difficult episodes in my life. But what did I really, really learn? I don't know. My life is like a rehearsal of old tricks and competences I didn't know I had them till the moment I needed them. I enjoy life. I practiced mindfulness before it was invented.
    So I might have the easy life right now. I live in a Western country, physically safe. I know I've been around the entire world in past lives. I've had the opportunity to integrate so many parts of myself during this life. I don't call this learning, it just happened and I was ready and open.

9. Graham76man

Being in a Western country doesn't make you safe from the grim reaper. I always remember a 16mm film they showed at school. It showed a WW1 cemetery and said this is FIVE days toll on the World's roads. That's was in the 70's, it's probably three now! Today a death in a Western World country might be reported as a message to other drivers to avoid say the A62, due to an "accident". These days thanks to electric cars, you won't hear what hit you!
    Of course many people are choosing lives that they know will be damaged by these human monster machines, learning to cope with disabilities that most of us would see a gun pointed at their heads by themselves. I have to admire such souls.

10. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Well there has always been exceptional moments in Western history that really put the hurt in and the stability that people know today is only recent all in all but sadly that will come to an end before too long as some here know all too well. All I want is peace of mind and a reasonably decent life but even that is hard to come by. Despite my age I am like an old person where I have a slower more peaceful pace of doing things and prefers to do so without all the fuss that society imposes these days. I even avoid city driving whenever possible as the urban labyrinths are confusing and stressful while having to do so safely avoiding careless city slickers.