Can you chose the birth order when you reincarnate?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by April Hill, May 8, 2018.

1. April Hill

April Hill New Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you are going to reincarnate would it be possible to pick out what spot on the birth order you would like to be before any child is born?
    Also if someone was to die would they be able to make conscious decision of who to reincarnate to based on what they think because I have heard people talking about reincarnation as if when you die you loose your personality.
    Also if you were to choose to be a youngest child would you have to wait all that time or would you go through a time void to get there?

Once again sorry if that was a stupid question, thanks :)

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello and welcome April, thank you for joining us. There are no bad or stupid questions on here, we welcome everyone's queries.

First let me say that there are no firm or certain answers about reincarnation, other than we know it happens. The mechanics of it all is purely speculation, some better than others. Some of the teachings come from religious and or spiritual study. But, what I have found to be certain, is that each of us has the ability to discern, or wrestle through all of the "teachings" and come to some conclusion that makes sense to us. The way I understand these things may be different from the way Ken or Amy see it, but that is why we have the forum... to discuss it all. Be leery of someone offering certainties and "truth"... we get enough of that from religion:rolleyes:.

Regarding the specifics of your question, I believe we will certainly have input with the Great Spirit, Creator, God (whomever you believe She is). We are of "God" in my book, and there are many things hidden from view. When the veil is lifted we may just be in store for some surprises. So, yes I think there will be a great deal of common goals in your, or their, life-planning. And, regarding time... that to me is an earthly constraint. I imagine the spirit realm as being timeless and unconcerned with keeping time in a human/earthly kind of way. I hope others will offer their thoughts for you, these are simply mine. Blessings on your journey, and again thank you for joining us.

I might add, a good place to start here, would be to enter "planning life time" or some version of that into the search engine above. Perhaps there are older threads in this very subject, I'm certain there are.

~Tman

April Hill likes this.
  3. April Hill

April Hill New Member

Thank you for answering, I really appreciate it. Also thank you for welcoming me I can't wait to learn more about reincarnation it just fascinates me so much!
    Thank you so much :)

Tinkerman likes this.
  4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

Speaking from my own personal experience, it seems that a wide variety of experiences are available for each person which are not entirely constrained by previous lifetimes. I have been a youngest child, and oldest child, and a middle child. I have been male and I have been female. I have lived in different countries on different continents. I have not lost my personality (at least it seems to be rather similar over time with slight variations, probably due to upbringing).

I cannot speak to what happens between lives, how much is planned (or planned specifically by the person in question), but my soul seems to follow a pattern, having many lives with similar occupations and life events. This could be a choice of mine on the other side, an assignment given to me, or just a tendency of mine to gravitate to these things while I am alive. A lot of the "what" of reincarnation seems to be getting worked out by people all over the world, but I do not know if a "how/why" has been universally agreed upon.

Tinkerman likes this.