• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Can your past life affect your personality in this life?

I feel like I was an innocent victim of a murder in my past life. I'm very shy and quiet at school. In my head, I say bad things about myself-- low self esteem. I don't feel comfortable talking to those who aren't in my family. I especially am uncomfortable around boys and have never liked one. It seems my killers were males. I've never had a friend and don't know the basics of social interaction. I just nod my head when people talk to me.

When I tell people that I am shy people don't believe me these days, but they would have years ago when I was at school. It's more common than you think. Shyness can be found in all aspects to life. You would be surprised how many famous people have the shyness thing. If you can get hold of copy either from a library or online shop. I recommend Michael Bentine's A Shy Person's Guide To Life. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Persons-Gu...519&sr=8-1&keywords=Shy+persons+guide+to+lifeIt is full of wonderful tips on coping with the issue, plus he explains how other famous people, such as Julie Andrews dealt with it.
Nobody really knows what causes shyness, if it is heredity in the genes (most likely) or if it is astrological. But it's not the direct effect of being killed in a past life. As most of the population would be shy if that was the case. If you think about anyway! However the fear of men is more than likely something to do with it.
Confidence can be taught, as you are still young you have lots to learn about yourself. Try and mix with other people, force yourself if you have to. A hobby or something that is of interest to you will get you talking to others. Especially if they also have an interest. However keep the past life thing to yourself, unless you can trust a person with this information. Telling people at school who do not know you will not help you at all and could open you up to ridicule, especially to other young people who don't understand these things.

I am pretty sure it can.

I have a weird fascination for war and when I see soldiers from WW I, I have weird fealings of jealousy even though I know that it was pretty awful on the frontline.

This is not something that could have been socialized into me, since society condems this view.

I explained this by having been a young man at that time who was unable to serve (due to unknown reasons).

1. You aren't happy with your shyness. I believe that it is more important to address that issue, than to find out its source, and especially if it is caused by a past life.

2. Even if a past life caused your shyness, that doesn't mean that you cannot ameliorate it enough to be happy. Which the more important thing for you.

3. I generally don't believe that our personality is influenced by past lives. We had so many past lives; we were and did so many opposite things. Karma, as a law of balancing, puts us in the position to deal with the thought forms we created, but it doesn't affect our personality.

I am pretty sure it can.

I have a weird fascination for war and when I see soldiers from WW I, I have weird fealings of jealousy even though I know that it was pretty awful on the frontline.

This is not something that could have been socialized into me, since society condems this view.

I explained this by having been a young man at that time who was unable to serve (due to unknown reasons).

Lots of people were exempt on medical grounds. You had to be classed A1 fit to serve, at least in the UK. More likely what you are feeling is guilt for not been able to do your bit. These days it is called survivors guilt, when you think you could have done something, but nine times out ten, you couldn't or it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference to the result.
Men who were excluded from service often too were bullied by those who were at home. Especially from the relatives who the men who had died in the conflict, many were tarred with the name of those who would not fight on various grounds. They even came up with a saying "what did you do in the war daddy". But those that died and those who died after the war as you are aware, many are here now. Like you they are still living with the consequences.
It would take the human world to come up with a slogan with the words "least we forget". As if that was possible!

I believe that each soul has a unique base personality that they are "programmed" with. Beyond that, experiences do have an effect. You might just be naturally of a shy personality type, or you may have learned not to be outgoing.

Looking at the constants in my various lifetimes, I seem to have a basic personality trait of being outgoing and honest to the point of social recklessness. This is just the way I acted on a regular basis. However, as one might imagine, this has caused me a lot of strife in past lives (particularly in positions of power or fame). In this lifetime, this behavior pattern, which feels like an integral piece of my identity, only appears in situations where I feel completely at ease (usually only with close friends). Other than that, I have become rather socially cautious. Since childhood, I have had this pressing need to be politically correct, backed up by intense fear when I realize I have made a social blunder. I am positive that this is a direct effect of past life trauma, based on how I know I used to act and think and certain events which transpired because of it.

First of all, I don’t think being shy is negative. Having low self esteem is not good. I felt extremely shy as a child but it didn’t go with low self esteem.
In my case, it had to do with not being connected to people. I didn’t understand them and I was horrified with the cruelties in Life. At seventeen I changed in one second. I still know that moment in which I decided I didn’t want to continue this way of life. I was on a bus on my way to a holliday camp surrounded by new people who would later on became my new real friends. It was a change of character in a second.
Around the same time in history class, I had a very uncomfortable situation with the teacher. There was a discussion about WWII and I was not able to formulate my point of view. He laughed at me who was not able to speak in public. From that moment on I started training myself to be able to formulate my opinion and also to do this in public. And today I earn my money speaking in public and they pay me to give talks about a subject.
During my life I started to connect to other human beings and found out there was no difference between people.

Jun_bi_ga_ya, you should work on your low self esteem. I can tell you, there is no difference between people. We are not the same but on a soul level we all have the same worth.
I don’t know whether your problem is related to past lives. It’s possible or maybe not. It doesn’t matter, because you’ve got to start working on yourself anyway.
It’s really possible to mold yourself and teach yourself new things. A lot of famous people overcame their initial weaknesses and became experts in that field. And about social skills... I think I lacked them as well. I didn’t learn them, they appeared within me after I had decided to change within. I guess those skills had been with me the whole time as a residue of the so many lives before. So, if you genuinly believe in former lives, USE them. You’re more than your last past life trauma. You have so much more experiences hidden inside you.

Being shy (in my experience) is you don’t want and you cannot handle attention from other people. It is too intense.
I like it when people have a little shyness now and then. It’s charming. But it shouldn’t inhibit you to do the things in life you really want to do. In such a case you should work on yourself. The same way a person with a dominant personality should work on himself in order to learn to step back to give other people more space.
An introvert needs a lot of ‘me-time’ and disconnection from the outside world. This charges his batteries and clears up his system.
An extravert really needs other people to charge his batteries. The interaction between others and himself is his life fuel.

Back