Can't stand this person and don't know why

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by windows2thesoul, Jun 24, 2011.

1. windows2thesoul

windows2thesoul Probationary

Hi everyone. I have a question. Do any of you find yourself angry towards someone, dead or alive, and can't figure out the reason why? For example, I was talking with my therapist last week about people we can't stand to look at. Her answer was Stephan King (living author). My answer was Franz Schubert (dead composer). Whenever I see his face I have to look away. And whenever his music comes on the radio I want to scream and turn it off. There's just something about him that makes me mad, lol. But I don't think I had a famous past life with him. The only famous past life I know of takes place in Rome during the late 16th century.

2. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Well its as easy to dislike people for no reason as much as we may like people for no reason. I think we get along with people better who are on the same energy level as ourselves.

I have herd a lot about people in the same soul group that cant stand each other during incarnations. Maybe in cases like these there is some way to over come this, but I think in general its natural to dislike people and like others. Everyone has their enemys and friends. We are only human.

If you listen to someones music who has died long ago and you hate it, then its easy to connect your dislikes with the music to the person who made it. :D

3. Lilmsmaggie

Lilmsmaggie New Member

Stephan King I can understand. Someone who writes only about the macabre must have trouble sleeping. :laugh:

But Shubert! - now that's very interesting. It may not be the music. It may be an association of a past event to the music, the time and/or place.

Within Shubert's short life (he died at age 31), he composed some of the most beautiful music in the classical repertoire.

I went through a very ugly divorce. Both my ex and myself played stringed instruments and shared love of classical music. For close to 10 years, I could not stand to hear classical music. It was too painful. But it wasn't the music. It was the pain I had associated with due to the divorce. The music was just a trigger.

So, I'm inclined to say that in your case, it may not be Shubert per se but some event or series of events that you have associated with Shuberts music that may be the root cause.

Unless of course you happend to be Johann Senn or Manfred Mayrhofer in your past life. Then your reaction is understandable.

4. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Yes, this has very definitely happened to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these instances are past-life related, either.

5. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

I quote: Can't stand this person and don't know why.

Yes, a Past Life (PL) connection is possible, however there are some other possibilities here and without violating the Forum guidelines, but only to illustrate a point, there are some people who believe in Aura's and the ability of gifted people to discern information from the colors present.

To further answer the question, it is possible, but not certain, that it is the colors or combinations of colors of the Aura that is causing the ugly reaction between two people.

However it is very probable that it is PL related and that somehow, someway, IMHO that past misdeeds or wrongs of a person could possibly be "imprinted" on the fabric of their soul and can also be read by a gifted individual.

These are only my opinions and further food for thought in this dialogue about negative reactions towards certain people.

6. Raptor95

Raptor95 member

Good Question

There was a singer that passed away about 16 yrs ago. Even when that singer was alive I could not stand her father. I crinch just to see or even think of him. They made a movie about her life. And I refuse to this day to watch it. Because I do not want to transfer that BIG dislike for the actor that plays him. I love her music and admired her. Him not so much, AT ALL.

There is another singer that passed away that I always felt that way towards that father and still do.

All this for no reason. I have never meet them.:confused:

7. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I haven't met people who instantly make me angry. I have met some who set me on edge or make me distinctly uncomfortable. There are others who I find unsettling or a little off somehow. I have grown to trust this sense...it seems to come from my solar plexus (a gut feeling!) and is a low feeling of pressure that goes from my core and results in a feeling like goose bumps at the the nape of my neck. When I was young and in a position to get into trouble, this sense enabled me to leave a crowd, situation or place before anything unfortunate occurred.

On the other hand there have been people I felt truly and absolutely connected to instantly. Two were women I was quickly involved with while the other was the son of a co-worker. The women completely reciprocated my sense of attraction and while my usual progression of advancement into a romantic relationship is fairly slow and cautious, both of these relationships took off like a house on fire.

The man and I could finish each other's sentences within the first minutes of meeting. We had the same thoughts and feelings about things and our lives and the events in them mirror each other down to the direction our marriages are going...almost parallel lives. I can broach a topic with him that I wouldn't discuss with anyone else and he's either thought of it also or has undergone the same situation.

8. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

"usetawuz" wrote and I quote: When I was young and in a position to get into trouble, this sense enabled me to leave a crowd, situation or place before anything unfortunate occurred.

I'm glad to see that someone else has that same ability, what was probably a throw back to an ancient "life-saving" ability, I call a premonition, others call it a hunch or an intuition.

I often wonder if these ancient traits or gifts that we still have in this day and age are embedded in the physical body per se, of if it is embedded in the soul that we carry from lifetime to lifetime!

So I guess what I'm asking is, how much does Reincarnation play a part in equipping us for a new lifetime, do we come prepared with ALL of the right tools, or do we, whenever the situation arises, can we "check out" a gift from the Cosmic Library of Gifts (tongue in cheek humor here) and then take care of the problem at hand!

Enquiring minds want to know! :)

9. momof3

momof3 Senior Registered

I've wondered the same thing. There is a woman in my neighborhood whom everyone likes. She is friendly, outgoing and seems to have a big heart. But I can't stand her and I don't know why. I honestly don't think it's a case of my intuition picking up on some dark part of her soul. :D And while she's never been overtly rude to me, it's obvious she doesn't like me either.

We rarely run into one another but on the rare occasion when we've been at the same neighborhood function, there is definitely an unpleasant vibe between the two of us. I'm uncomfortable talking to her and I can tell she feels the same. I guess it could be said that I'm not an easy person to talk to because I am highly introverted, but there is definitely something more going on here.

I'd love to know if there was any past life history between us or if it's just a case of clashing personalities. I tend to think if it were past-life related I'd have a sense of familiarity when I encountered her, but I don't really feel any familiarity at all - just discomfort.

10. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Momof3...I have a very similar situation, just change the sex! I didn't initially feel it, but rather noticed when I approached a group where he was, he would leave for any reason at all and over a seven year period I had never exchanged words with him. I would hear about things he had done and places he had gone which we had in common and I looked forward to discussing them when the next opportunity arose. And it never came.

At some point he became outspoken (while under the influence regarding the children in the neighborhood, one of which is mine) and I only heard about it from others...he was embarrassed and left and I was forced to review my obligation in this matter, which did not amount to anything, but indicated there was something between us of which I was not aware and the blocks fell into place, while the reasons were still unknown.

During another social event I had no plans to speak to or confront him, but found myself facing him upon his arrival. I welcomed him with a pleasant greeting and a hand shake. During the physical contact, I had a half smile on my face and was looking him in the eye. He reciprocated and there was some sort of distinct internal contact made and a settlement completed which ended whatever unspoken issue had been between us.

I asked my reader what had occurred when I shook his hand and she said that I had resolved some old karma. My obligation had been to acknowledge him and the handshake provided that acknowledgement...as simple as that. The history between us was based on acclaim and recognition which I had somehow gotten and which he felt he deserved.

Surprisingly, while we do not seek each other out we do exchange greetings freely and with a heretofore nonexistant ease. And regarding the above topic, I assume I was the guy he couldn't stand.

11. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Hi Windows2thesoul

I agree with the people that say that you probably didn' t really hate Schubert the person but some incident related to his music. Is there any of his songs that you particularly hate? You mentioned in another thread that you had a memory of being a nazi working in a camp but you were highly unsatisfied with your job... was the camp Auschwitz? the Auschwitz orchestra played a lot of Schubert music among other german composers... so there could be a correlation there.

12. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

When my oldest first met who I feel is my soulmate, but toxic to me, she instantly hated him. Not dislike, it was hatred. That hatred stands to this day.

I have discovered that they had a connection over several lifetimes and the hatred extends from those lifetimes.

Now if I had only listened to her in the first place I could have saved myself a lot of crap ...

13. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

I've had several experiences like that.

Two of which involved boyfriends of my mom's, the latter of which I thoroughly despised from the moment I met him. I think it strange he had an uncle/great uncle who was a Nazi.

The other is a woman named Livia, who was also the second wife of Rome's first emperor Augustus Caesar/Octavian. Yeah, she's always made me mad, and I've always hated her, but I have no explanation of why.