Can't Trigger Emotions Related to PL

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by sunflower, Jun 16, 2019.

1. sunflower

sunflower Member

I've been looking into a past life after doing PLR where I saw myself as some type of high-ranking soldier (I think a General) and I was on the British side. (I know nothing about war so please excuse my use of incredibly unknowledgeable terms.)
    I've tried triggering emotions or flashbacks by looking at images of Generals who've fought in the war, uniforms and the guns that they used but... nothing. Whenever people talk about their past lives they always mention seeing an image or experiencing something that triggered a memory or emotion but I don't have that and it's making me wonder if I imagined everything in my head.
    Has anyone ever experienced this or are there ways to differentiate between past lives and imagination?

Li-la likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

For me there is no way to misunderstand, it is like the difference between a pin-prick and being run-over by a bus! Concerning the lack of associated emotion, that took me until last month, after eighty years - I'm a slow learner I guess:(.

SeaAndSky, Sk17 and fireflydancing like this.
  3. sunflower

sunflower Member

How did you figure it out exactly, if you don't mind me asking? When I regressed, it was as if I just knew things like that I was married and had two little kids. My wife was a seamstress and I died in battle. Is that how it was for you? Just knowing things but not feeling any emotions attached to it?

4. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

you could be protected by feeling numbness perhaps? The way it works for me is that I first get pictures in my head, like I'm there and seeing something and it last very brief and it is a total confusion of images and I just let them do their thing. After that I am suddenly "in a movie", I am remembering something from a past life, I am in the midst of the memory. I've always had a problem with the voice guiding me, ordering me this and that and it more often pulls me up to a lighter meditation and sometimes worse it brings me so much up that it is useless to continue than the deep one that I was in. I am usually irritated each time I hear the voice, it does not matter how soft and kind it sounds and yet I follow the orders which then lead me to the next scene.

And now to my point: If I am in a light state during meditation I am much more an observer, I don't feel things, am not particularly bothered by things either. Well, I'm kind of cold, I suppose. I'm not even concern with the thought that this could once have been real, it could once have been me.
    For an example I one time had a "boring" past life regression meditation where I was a mother who lived upstairs from some sort of pub or restaurant and I worked there and I had kids and my husband would come and go and travel I think as well as working downstairs. My death was because of smoke of fire at this upper place home from the pub/restaurant. Did not feel a thing.

The only times I feel things is that is if I am in a deep state of meditation and during flashbacks. Then the emotions take over everything and I see and hear things as if it is reality, happening right now.

I think meditation works different for us. Some smell things (I do too), some hear things, some just know things like they're married and so on.

I'm just thinking that if you were a general in the midst of a brutal war you should take careful steps if you ever land in that life again during meditation so you don't end up with PTSD that I've learned that some people are sadly suffering from on this forum due to horrible memories of war getting too real to handle.

I once had a terrible experience with anxiety and it came from being nervous that my past life husband from WW1 would find me. In reality I knew this was just ridiculous but it was "her" feelings after she had ran away from him. I swear, I was like this for days and I was suppose to enjoy my life with my own husband.

Best Wishes
    Li La

5. sunflower

sunflower Member

Thank you for your response, Li La! I don't think that I've ever been in a deep state of meditation before; it seems difficult for me to get into that state for some reason. A part of me is kind of grateful for that because I'm not entirely sure that I want to experience a full-on flashback yet another part of me is intensely curious.
    I'll be sure to be careful as I look more into this life since it was during war: I have my crystals and spirit guides to help. :)

Li-la likes this.
  6. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

I've known things for seventy-five years in the way you mentioned, those are what I call 'knowings' that I've posted elsewhere except perhaps the one about Saul/Paul in the Bible - he used an hallucinogen while on the road to Damascus to help with the hardship and thirst.

The experiences that I've had are in my profile and scattered about in my early posts, but they are of the type you mentioned. Last month I sought validation of those things of a peaceful time and saw myself as a woman after which I created a thread. Since then I've had two other bursts of experiences including my impending demise and two exit-points where I seemed to be able to choose my preference. One of the experiences was being 'open' to view the-other-side and found what I suspect was a great number of souls wanting to communicate all at once making it impossible to understand any one of them. Instead of points-of-light as I had expected, they were bigger with fuzzy edges and quite colorful, perhaps like fuzzy tennis-balls although they were not exactly round - no interaction with them that I recall. That is why I distinguished the differences I mentioned.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  7. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Sunflower,

I would start with "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton. It is available for free as an audiobook on Youtube, so it is an easy intro to the field. Having said that, I have to also say that I don't necessarily accept all of Newton's conclusions, but he has definitely done some thorough research.

Anyhow, it appears that we basically consult with our guides and teachers and decide on each lifetime before we get into it. This apparently also includes making agreements related to memory of PLs. Generally speaking, it seems that this is a no-no for most, in order to allow them to concentrate on their present tasks and learning. Some may be allowed more, and this often seems to be an allowance for the sake of resolving PL problems and issues (Li La and Jaimie are good examples here). Some have severe PL traumas that break through whatever blocks are imposed (there are plenty of those on the board, and considerable overlap with the last category). And some may be advanced enough that it is not considered to make a difference to their involvement and handling of the learning tasks of the present lifetime (It's hard to know about those, though Past Pilot and Tanguerra come to mind). The prior category seem to have lots of memories, often from an early age and are generally able to cope with them pretty well as they come in. Finally, some leeway may be granted due to circumstances (e.g., Ken is approaching his exit point and wanted to get some serious confirmations and insights at this point in his "rotation" here on earth). Plus, from my perspective, he has accomplished the tasks he was here to accomplish, so such experiences are no longer a distraction in terms of his life mission.

Obviously, the foregoing are all just my opinions (or conclusions), so nothing "magic" or authoritative about them. However, I've learned to live with the fact that I don't have a lot of clear memories. I've also learned that it is not necessarily good to have clear memories. Some of the people who have the clearest memories are also coping with the most horrible memories. So, you have to be careful what you wish for when it comes to PL memory. I've had glimpses of some things I don't want to know more about, and some that I know enough about. So, still curious, but very cautious at this point in time.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--In many cases, spirit guides may not be in favor of further exploration by a particular individual. They are there to help, but also independent. Sometimes this is an area that they don't consider productive for a particular individual at a particular time. Sometimes just the opposite. So, it is best to be open to both possibilities.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Li-la, sunflower and Tourmaline like this.
  8. SeaAndSky

Hi Ken,

I am curious what colors you saw among the souls crowding to see/welcome you? According to Newton the color radiated is indicative of the level of advance. Beginning with white, transitioning gradually to yellow, to deeper gold tones, to light blues, to dark blues, to deep dark purple-violets.

Cordially,
    S&S

Li-la likes this.
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

My first impression was that 'heaven' was awfully crowded and then I found it much less so. I did not notice any multi-colored ones or ones as I've read about, just fist-sized objects, but again, I had no frame of reference. From your first comment I feel like taking a bow and exiting stage-left! The colors were brighter than expected and ranged from bright yellow to a deep blue-purple (excuse my color-blindness), and green and red - the two that give me the most trouble. They were moving about so much that I was not able to follow a particular one of them or have a reason to do so.

I can neither agree nor disagree with you about experiencing the reason for this time around because I am still unaware of the reason.

10. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

S&S I had mixed feeling about some of Newton's findings too but a lot if it made sense or at least stood out as... Something I would "know" as correct..

The two that stand out to me where the patient who was upset at being hypnotized, because they didn't want their past lives or higher self interfering with their current incarnation and the woman who couldn't get the hang of being a woman..

I can relate to a lot of the book myself, but there is some of it that has a hokey fantasy feel to it. I do reccomend them quite often myself though and I do believe in the "amnesia", that's also a psychological phenomenon that in children between 3-5 years old, they suddenly can't remember anything anymore from their childhoods.

Newton notes that souls, when their bodies are still chldren, would get bored and leave them while they were sleeping. I have a memory of doing this myself.

I've also hit that brick wall many many times.. I've tried to break through it but I keep being told that I'm not to worry about it right now.

Despite all I've learned, I've only had two emotional experiences, which were from looking at photos, one from looking at a flag and one dream I was able to verify later online. Oh I also had an out of body experience where I went back to China with my family.

I guess that's kind of a lot when you add it all up, but I had a really traumatic past life that just wasn't going to keep itself hidden.

I honestly think if you don't have memories, you're perfectly normal and perhaps even better off.

But regardless, the key to me is to be 100% honest with yourself and try and verify something you wouldn't have known otherwise. Like when I said I visited china, I was able to look up a picture of the port we were looking at. I knew it wasn't a dream because I never had any reason to look at a photo of that specific port before.

It takes practice, but you'll get the hang of it.

sunflower likes this.
  11. SeaAndSky

Hi Ken,

You're right. In terms of the "reason", that is just my spin on it. However, I think it could be true.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I also think there is a good argument for advanced soul category with PL memory restrictions being another part of a very tough assignment.

12. sunflower

sunflower Member

So the spiritual part of me would like to believe that my spirit guide is blocking me from going further but the skeptical part of me is worried that it's all in my head. Maybe I need to trust my intuition more though I can't shake the feeling that it's a figment of my imagination due to the fact that I haven't been able to confirm anything yet.
    How often do people mistake imagination for a past life? Or, if it really is a past life and my spirit guide isn't wanting me to go further, should I just drop the whole thing?
    Also, on a slightly different note, does anyone know any British Revolutionary War Generals who were killed in battle?

13. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

This is a very interesting thread about emotions both in this life and previous incarnations of our spiritual selves This can be a very confusing subject.. First of all its assumed by most that our spiritual selves experience emotions in the same way physical entities do.. That's impossible they are spiritual and we are physical.. that is unless you believe the spiritual and physical are one and the same.. somehow joined together to became ones... again that's impossible if we were we would be far different physical entities.. When we talk about emotions of previous incarnations of our spiritual selves there are three very separate emotions.. Those of the past life entity.. those of our spiritual selves.. that is if they have any form of mentions we could/can relate to and the emotions of the current physical entity
    Most if not all previous incarnation memories are experienced through the emotions of the current physical entity.. making any emotions you experience having no relevance to the emotions of the previous physical entity.. Its' not possible for our spiritual selves to store emotions they themselves do no experience Spiritual memory is memory stored by our spiritual selves of physical events as they experienced them not how the physical entity experienced them.. All physical emotion is added by the physical entity as they experience the memory.. So its not surprising to me sunflower cannot experience emotion about the memory.. The reality is ..she did not experience the events first hand that would create the emotions and without her knowing it may not be relevant to her to apply her current physical emotions to the event.. If she tries and cannot achieve emotion then that proves there were none past on by her spiritual self which is how it always happens and for some reasons unknown to her she chooses not to apply her current emotions to the memory

14. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

The experience of most on the board would indicate that the spiritual self stores and remembers emotions along with all of the other aspects of a PL experience. Why would it be otherwise? After all, the spiritual self remembers everything else that the physical self "experienced", including what it saw, smelt, tasted, and (perhaps especially) how it felt or thought about these things. Why would emotions be excluded? Certainly your reports of PL memories as BB are full of emotional content in terms of what BB emotionally experienced on certain occasions.

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Totoro likes this.
  15. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

In your post above I think I might have stumbled upon the reason for my existence. By my reaching out to friends and family, I've found that I've helped more than a few people by simply 'living' the life that I chose, and being somewhat successful in doing so (my ego has to have the last word:rolleyes:). The thing is that I just took the paths that seemed to be the obvious ones or the 'high-road' ones when present. The mistakes I've made along the way are pretty distracting, my advice is to refrain if possible - yeah, right!

SeaAndSky likes this.
  16. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

To me, it's like how patients with amnesia or dementia, forget who they or other people are, but they don't forget how to talk, especially in their own language and other motor skills. There's some base level that exists under the conscious level that we still have access to.

Going from my own experience, if we shed off emotion, we wouldn't carry that to our next lives. However, I spent most of my childhood afraid of dying and being taken from my room / home. It was so bad, I tried desperately to understand dreams with psychologists later on. It manifested as an emotional phobia in my life without the memory of it. I think if you only found children who said they remembered being a bus driver, that'd be one thing.

But I think there are an equal amount of people like me who have emotionally based experiences with no memory attached to them. In one of the dreams I had, Darth Vader and some storm troopers came to my room to get me. It'd be easy to say hey, you're just a kid with an overactive imagination and I think most people get written off like that. But the same dream presented itself over and over in different ways and I used to be afraid I wasn't going to wake up the next day.

It was only until years later I figured out what it all meant. Just to reiterate, I don't find it likely that we take off our emotions, put them in a box and on the shelf and then dust them off in our next life and be like oh yeah, I hate spiders.. let's freak out. I honestly wish I could do more work on myself in my time between lives. I had a 30 year gap and in that time, one of my spirit buddies, got in and got out quick right before I was born again. He has a habit of doing that, to fight in wars, but I wonder what I was doing during that time. Watching over him? Resting? I don't know, because I don't know how my past life affected me on the other side, but it's something I've always wanted to know more about.

17. SeaAndSky

Hi Ken,

I agree 100%. That is why I added the part about being an advanced soul above. I can still remember the first time I read Newton's "Journey of Souls" and woke up and wept in the middle of the night. (Something I discussed waaaaay back on the board somewhere). There is the part where Newton is working with an advanced soul and the discussion relates to the very difficult incarnations that are undertaken at that level of development, including those that resemble what you have been through in your lifetime. I woke up and knew that it was true, and equally that I didn't want it to be true--I wanted things to get easier not harder. However, I now realize it's that way with anything. You start with basic addition--and its hard! Then after a while that is easy and you're working on long division--and its hard! Sooner or later--though many things that seemed incredibly difficult at one stage are now easy--you're working on calculus--and its hard! But not too hard for you at that stage of development. The same is true in art, engineering, athletics, music, . . . you name it. The only good thing is that the strain of handling the very difficult tasks at an advanced level is probably no worse than what the same person experienced handling much simpler tasks when they were at a less advanced level. So, I'm hoping that when I have to do the same it will be because I am ready for it. And, I am inspired when I find someone who can. You would be in error to think that the people who noticed and are inspired are limited to your family.

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    KenJ likes this.
  18. SeaAndSky

Hi Totoro,

I agree. Concrete, tangible memories are like solids. They can batter through the door sometimes, or you can open the door and let them in (sometimes). However, feelings are like liquids. When the water level gets high enough to come in, you can't keep it out. It's going to come under the door and seep through every crack it can find. PL feelings are like this. If they get high enough they will find a way to enter. When they do, it influences your life, mood, dreams, . . . even when you don't have any real tangible memories to connect them to.

Cordially,
    S&S

Totoro likes this.
  19. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

If indeed I have advanced myself, which I'm still in doubt, I certainly had a lot of help, particularly from women. The psychic I last visited said that she saw me surrounded by women, however, she related things from my father along with a sketch of him that she drew. I would love to share some of those stories, but that is entirely too personal and my wife is not very keen about hearing about them;).
    The sketch seemed to match a photo of him in his thirties, an age I've heard that most spirits like to cloak themselves with. I lost all of that in a computer crash.

Here are the two links I found on my computer.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  20. John Tat

Hi S&S At no point did I ever claim I was experiencing any emotions from BB..The only direct contact I have with BB is during my meditations..any emotions I feel during meditations are John Tat's All of my memories are memories of physical entities BB was occupying at the time.. as I have said many times I have no clue who they were.. BB and Or D Ha (the physical BB) is another thing.. but John Tat has never experienced any memories of that union... I only have what has been passed on to me by BB and our mother during meditations including what they plan to do in future incarnations.. It all comes down to what you want to believe.. most of which has been determined by others with there writings and communications Over and Over again you and others quote various authors to back up what you believe to be true.. For me that is a very flawed approach to all of this .. The only way is to find the truth is through your spiritual self...Its like spirits that have incarnated back to earth three or four times over a 60 year period because of the early deaths of the physical entities they have occupied yet all of those three or four family's really do believe they are in contact with there dead relative If you really do believe when we experience a past life memories we experience the emotions of the physical entity who experience the events and not the emotions of the current physical entity .. that there is some mechanism in place that allows that to happen... then that's up to those who believe that .. If it's believed spiritual memory is a carbon copy of physical memory.. then that leaves me flabbergasted.. think about it...that's not possible

All The Best

21. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

Sorry if I'm getting things mixed up. Trying to distinguish between what is experienced by John Tat (present you), PL physical entities inhabited by BB, BB, and Or D Ha, can be difficult. Frankly, I sometime have trouble figuring out what is happening or being experienced by which one. But, if you say the emotions are always those of John Tat (present you), I'm perfectly willing to accept that. However, the way you experience things may not necessarily be the way other people experience things. So, perhaps it might be best to simply accept the fact that things might work differently for you than for other people. This is not really surprising. Your case and situation is far different than most.

Cordially,
    S&S

John Tat likes this.
  22. John Tat

HI S&S Yes I'm sure your right... things can differ between us when it comes to our our spiritual selves This is something we have talked about before as I have said .. where we our spiritual selves came from is what makes us different... we our spiritual selves are most certainly not penguins ... we are different and where we came from has a big bearing on who we are .. in my recent meditations I have talked about inter locking/connecting reincarnation process's which maybe a clue..

All The Best

23. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I had very visual facts come to me in my first and only regression with a professional. It felt very obvious it was true .. But back then I was not in the space to pursue knowing more.. It took me ten years to return to wanting to know more.. That was a time when I was feeling more in stress mode and in need of some understanding about my health and feelings.. Eventually I had a flashback and that woke me up to the depth of how my feelings were trapped in my psyche from some of my past experiences..

I was raised to live in the moment in the negative sense of blocking off my feelings which gave me the temperament to try to ignore the difficult feelings

.. How do you feel about your years with your family as a child ?