Cars (or other forms of transport) directed towards past lives?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kenz1010, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I’m VERY curious as to what cars (or other forms of transport) from certain time periods you guys are drawn to. My all time favorite cars are from the 40s and 50s, I’d 100% drive a car from that time period over any car from today. Here’s some pictures.

upload_2018-12-13_19-55-38.jpeg upload_2018-12-13_19-58-38.jpeg

Would love to hear others thoughts on the topic.

2. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

Hey!

That's an interesting subject. I have always been a fan of motor racing, and somehow, even as a child, I had a love for the old machines of the '30s.

Most notably, the Auto Union (which later became Audi) of the 1930's which were dominating the European races until the beginning of the 2nd World War. These are the cars that made me dream as a kid:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interestingly enough I might have seen them race in a previous life on this planet, it's very likely given how Nazi Germany was using these racing adventures as propaganda materials.. some races drew over 400000 spectators in Germany

Kenz1010 likes this.
  3. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

The Willy jeep, Dakotas and Hueys are my main weak spots, also LOVE Dakar Rally trucks, from the first to current but nothing beats the DAF trucks of Jan de Rooy (own 4 miniatures of the 80's)

@BenjaminFR reminds me of seeing the old Le Mans 24h clips, watching racing is a big part of my life but I now focus all my time for that on the enduro races

Kenz1010 likes this.
  4. glia21

glia21 Explorer

20170711_110720.jpg
    Ford V8 1937.
    I´m drawn to 2oies, 30ies, 40ies cars mostly, preferably in bordeaux. :)
    Bought the Ford on the pic last year. I haven´t had much time driving it last summer (due to the kids).
    Interesting to compare the comfortable new Ford we own to the old one - it´s hard work to drive it :D

landsend and Kenz1010 like this.
  5. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

I usually like cars from the '70s and '80s. They remind me of my childhood (In a past life) Whenever I see images of those cars I feel nostalgic.

I am also attracted to cars from the early 90s. I don't like those cars, but I feel like I drove in some cars from that time!

I'm not good at details, so I can't remember the name and specific brand of these cars. I remember other means of transport that I used in past lives, but a wheelbarrow with horses is not a car, I think.:D:D:D

glia21 and Kenz1010 like this.
  6. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

My preference is for cars of the 1920s and 1930s like Packards and Duesenbergs.

glia21 and Kenz1010 like this.
  7. Kenz1010

That’s interesting Ben, and that’s quite a lot of spectators.
    The only ‘racing’ sort of thing I’ve ever gotten into was British motorcycle racing, that took place back in (I think) the 30’s and 40’s. A while back I watched some videos and researched some things about Freddie Frith.
    upload_2018-12-14_17-43-2.jpeg

glia21 and landsend like this.
  8. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Another one here who would gladly ride any vintage car over a modern one.

When I was little, I'd have a recurrent 'fantasy' of riding a red retro looking thing.

Have many past life memories of riding around in various cars, & his thoughts of his cars. The car that he really loved was the car he had back when he was a young whipper snapper. I always saw it as a red car, with a white panel and a Chevy 'Belair' type frame, probably early 1950s. Talking to my past selves family members they confirmed it was a 1954 Buick Roadmaster. Red, with a white side panel. They provided me a photo of John (Terry) standing in front of his beloved car.

buickroadmaster1.jpeg

On top of that, I have a memory of the life prior to Terry -- that my family were quite well-to-do and had a car -- a rarity for the time. It was probably a 1930's model -- recall that it was also red / cream colour. I've yet to find the exact model, still looking around for it. I've always wondered if my past self as Terry was influenced by that car and had chosen his Buick because of a latent recall there.

9. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I am not much into cars but the one lansend posted...

That one and older, older, oldest!

(plus some from the 1970's and 1980's aka from my childhood and teenage time in this my current life) .

Kept myself from allowing my weird humor coming through... was about to post an image of a carriage, a horse, a chariot, a litter or a mule just for the fun of it...

10. Kenz1010

That’s cool landsend.
    Another thing I like are older looking trucks.

upload_2018-12-17_9-34-18.jpeg
    Like this one.

My favorite colors of cars from that time would have to be red and blue. Although I do like some that are black.
    upload_2018-12-17_9-37-22.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-17_9-39-55.jpeg

11. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Awe, the red one is awesome, Kenz!

12. landsend

Gotta love those old pickups, too. I saw Terry driving an old red Chevy truck in the years before his death. There's something very charming about them, as well as being practical. I narrowed it down to a 1965 Chevy -- based on the fact I saw the word 'CHEVROLET' on the back. But I'm not sure on the date as of yet.

1965chevypickup2.jpeg

Am willing to compromise it may have been a Ford pickup, but am sticking with Chevy for now.

A friend (he was a Mexican) in that life drove a blue Chevy Nova -- I saw it very clearly. He didn't keep it too good, and the rust got to the bottom of it. But have memories of driving around in that with him.
    IMG_2850.JPG

Kenz1010 likes this.
  13. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

This is an armoured 1920 Rolls Royce that was part of the convoy on the day I was ambushed. Its fully restored and displayed in the Curragh. Its wheeled out for ceremonies at times too:

2017-08-29_fin_33952823_I1.JPG

It was armed with a Vickers .303 machine gun.

This was the kind of car I was riding in that day. A Leyland Eight touring car ( 1920 model ):

MHV_Leyland_Eight_1921.jpg

I was just asking for trouble really.

Kenz1010 and landsend like this.
  14. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I'm not a huge fan of cars, but some Eastern European models from the 70's-80's look familiar to me. Especially this (relatively) old Dacia model, I reckon there were a few around where I lived, back then.
    [​IMG]

Kenz1010 likes this.
  15. landsend

Have to say... love this thread.

My past self was flying one of these when he was shot down: D1AB3282-FF0A-4A04-BC1E-8A67A62341B7.jpeg
    An Ah-1 Huey Cobra

Went to see one in a museum and the buggers had put it at the back of the display... couldn’t get a good look. But still boggles the mind —- I flew one of those once??!? It’s a lot bigger and certainly has an aesthetic beauty when viewed in real life. Wanted to touch the thing but it was behind a barrier and far at the back. Maybe I’ll see one else where one day. Still time to get a pilots license (yeh, right...) dream on.

I have a mispent youth enjoying flying helicopters in a military simulation game. That’s probably as close as I’ll get these days.

glia21, AlexD, Kenz1010 and 2 others like this.
  16. Kenz1010

Ever been in a helicopter in this life?
    The ‘chinook helicopter’ freaks me out. Saw one at a museum and it made me feel real uncomfortable. I looked it up and it said they were invented in the 60s, so that doesn’t coincide with WW2. I’m not sure why it makes me feel that way.

And that reminded me, I played airplane games when I was younger. Would play apps where you’d have to take off, land the plane, etc. Also would make tons of paper airplanes and color on them, then throw them around the house. Not exactly sure why I did that but I seemed to have fun haha

17. landsend

Nope, Kenz. You know I had the worse panic attack of my life recalling that chopper crash. Satan grabbed me by the bullocks and took me to hell to bargain for my soul when I spontaneously recalled the moment of the crash when I was 21. One moment I'm talking to my partner, next minute I'm above lush jungle with a birds-eye view and then yelling 'DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK THERE'. Then I'm crash landing into hell, spinning, darkness -- lasted for hours on end. Thought I would get stuck there. Death would've been better than being stuck there forever, and I'd experienced painful childbirth which to that date I'd considered the worst event of my life -- how very wrong was I. After that panic attacks happened very easily for me, again when we hit turbulence landing in the coast of Spain in August (heavy thunder storm -- black clouds, flashes -- nice trigger there! Thought I was about to crash land in Victor Charlie land all over again)

So helicopters can stay far away in the sky... for now. I think I've got some time to go before I'd even consider sitting in one that would take me off Terra Firma. Either that or they'd have to drug me to my eyeballs.

But I'll never say never. I said I'd never go to Vietnam again, too, but have a feeling I'm lying to myself.

Chinooks were around in Vietnam War and still around today in recent conflicts.

Since I was a kid, I wanted a joystick. Not even just to play games, but to just feel it my hands. Never had the courage to ask my parents for one. The game I used to play had a pretty realistic cockpit for the times (it was early 2000) and looking at pictures online it seems I flew the Cobra without knowing it. Not that I was particularly skilled at it, just enjoyed flying it around and would do it for hours with mouse and keyboard.
    275160-operation-flashpoint-cold-war-crisis-windows-screenshot-i.jpg

Look at those graphics -- that was high end stuff once upon a time. That game just brings back memories. Not all of them fond. Bad times in my life. That game took me out of me and put me in my own little familiar military world. It was a guilty pleasure... which I hid.

Kenz1010 and Jim78 like this.
  18. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I quite like the idea of many vehicles from the Second World War and the years after. Porsche made nice cars and still does. I would not complain if I got a Schwimmwagen for a present. But... Having driven modern vehicles with servo steering, proper heating, fuel injection, sublime suspension, good winter tires and all sorts of things... The same pretty much goes for modern tanks. As far as tanks go, I really want a full division or two of T-14 Armata with the 152 mm guns, sufficient support structure/logistics, infantry suppport, the newest Russian AA and so forth. If I had that...

19. landsend

Agree Ritter... but how many modern cars turn heads without having to fork out a small mortgage. Plus then it’s just usually undersirables driving them. Most cars just lack charm these days.

Now a flying car... that’s what I’m looking forward to. Best of both worlds. Especially if it makes Blade Runner-esque sounds.

20. landsend

Speaking of turning heads, someone not far from me souped up a Caddy they had shipped from America and restored it as a replica of the Ghostbusters automobile. Was out driving and saw it racing down the road and gave me a huge grin. The guys who own it rent it out for functions and were dressed ‘in uniform’ whilst driving it around.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  21. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

22. Tinnos

Tinnos Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    inhaltslos likes this.
  23. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Love the B-17 flying fortress. Lost my life in one in WWII. Still love these big birds..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021