Cases where children remember being the opposite sex

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Bonnie, Jun 2, 2000.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

When my son was around 3 years old (4 years ago), he told me he missed being a girl and that he had drowned in an elevator(which meant helicopter to him). I won't go into the details of the full conversation, but I completely believed him and still believe that my son was a girl in another life and was possibly in a helicopter that crashed into water where he drowned. I noticed during the next year, he showed a fear of water that he had never had before. For some reason, it took me awhile to put these two
    occurences together. Once, while driving, I turned down a street that led towards the river. At that point Jake became very upset and was yelling "please don't drive into the river". I pulled the car over and asked him
    if I had ever done anything to hurt him. He said no. I asked if he really thought his mommy would drive the car into the river. He said no. I said that would be too scary and I would never ever do that. It seems as if that helped and he doesn't have the fear anymore. After reading this book, I think by telling him that, I assured him he was in a different life with me now.

My question is that if you think he has forgotten or will this be something that will come back to him later in life? Should I seek out a regression therapist? I am almost through the book, which has only deepened my belief that this IS reality. I also am wondering if I missed this in my first son. Was I too busy cleaning, cooking, etc. to hear what he was saying? He suffers from what the doctors say is ADHD now along with depression and anxiety. Is it too late to pursue Jakes past life? If only I had known then...

Thanks!

2. LeighJarvis

LeighJarvis New Member

Bonnie,

I'm new to this board and don't know all the takes on regression therapy for children but I would say that it's never too late to delve into what's going on with Jake in whatever way you feel fit.

I believe that sometimes there are cosmic reasons why we don't figure things out until the time is ripe.

------------------
    What good would one lifetime be? Give me plenty and make me strong and wise and true through them. Life is meant for learning and the Earth is my playground...though my soul is never far from Home.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

Thank you for your kind reply! I feel the more I replay the years around Jake's remembrance, the more I remember. Odd occurences in his early years that strongly
    point to prior lives. I also can't help but think about some of my obsessive behavior patterns and fears. I am currently trying to find a regressionist in the area, but with no luck so far.

May your soul be blessed in all its travels!

Bonnie

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Bonie,
    Carol has references right here on her website...go to this part of her link....
    http://www.childpastlives.org/therapist.htm

My son has been diagnosed with that too...I have chosen the spiritual route for him..no medications, just lots of love, companionship and encouragemet for his creativity. Boy can he play guitar.

He spoke of being a girl in his past life when he was around five..even gave me his name and identified the fact that I was his older brother!

Deborah

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the information. I am writing to
    A.P.R.T. for a list of therapists near me, if there are any. I feel I dealt well with
    his fears he had, but wish I had known how to ask him more about "her" life. Did your son offer all the details or did you ask. Jake didn't tell me as much as I wish. And I really wish I had known the name. What I'm finding after reading the book, is I remember more interesting things everyday. I have started journaling all of it, even if it slightly seems like it might pertain. For instance, I refused to believe that I was carrying a boy with him and called him "Chelsea" for 9 months; or that he took my antique sapphire ring when he was 3 no matter how many times I told him it was off limits (I haven't seen it since!)

I will definitely look into the books on ADD.
    I'm embarrassed to admit that about 2 months ago, I followed our doctors and his teachers advice and put my oldest son on Cylert. It was a very small dose and I didn't see any change. After 6 weeks, we went back to the doctor and he told me to stop the meds for the summer!! Can you believe that? They want him medicated at school, but he can be miserable all summer! I have since thrown the meds away and am looking for a more natural comforting way for him to live and grow. Thanks again for the info.

May your lives be blessed! It's wonderful to know of such caring and sharing people!

Bonnie

6. Deborah

Hi Bonnie,

I posted the following on the old board a few years back..I think it will shed some light on your questions. Have you considered doing your own meditation work around Past Lifes? Works for me.

I posted info in the "Regression" section of the forum just today.

My first past life memory with Daniel was when he was 8 months old and I was twenty six. I was laying in bed cradling him in my arms. My other two children where asleep. He had been fussing and had just fallen asleep too. It was a warm fall evening, the sun was down and my husband was still at work.

I closed my eyes and within a few seconds was viewing a movie, (I don't know what else to call it, it was as if I was looking at a movie screen only I was in the movie). Suddenly I was inside of a covered wagon, I could hear the rain hitting hard against the tarp and the pots and pans hitting the side of the railing. I could hear the horse's footsteps and the wheels grinding over the ground. I was a boy of about ten years old and my sister lay before me in back of the wagon dying. She was five, blond, blue eyes, very petite and frail. I began sobbing and crying. I cried and cried and cried. The pain in my heart and the sorrow I felt cannot be described.

I knew our mother had died, my father was in the front of the wagon driving the horses and could not stop for we would be lost behind the rest of the wagon train. My sister was so weak and sick. I could do nothing to help her or stop it. She had phenomena. I kept telling her " if only you were a boy like me you would have been stronger. If only I was mom, I could stop the sickness" I looked deeply into her eyes right before she died...I left the altered state of consciousness, I was in my room again, holding my baby. I realized as I cried I was holding my little sister. I had come back as her mother, and she had come back as a boy.

I had several regressions after this, remembered many times the boy of ten whose name was Alexander, but his sister and family called him "Butch." I would think of her many times and even see in my regressions "remembering her" after her death.

When Daniel was five, he volunteered validation of my experiences. I had never talked to him about this life together and my past life recalls, I felt it wasn't right to impinge my beliefs on him.

I was in the kitchen, cooking dinner..he was being a boy, obnoxious as usual. I was getting after him to behave when he turned around and said,"Well, you use to lock me in the tool shed." I turned around and said "You use to get me in trouble". I stopped dead in my tracks. I had to think about what I had just said...it was not a conscious statement. We didn't have a tool shed. I never locked my son in a any room, not even his. And how in the world could he get me in trouble? I asked him casually.."When was this Daniel" his reply was "When you were my brother". I said "Did I do that" He said "yeah, when I was a girl".

I calmly thought about his statement Daniel would never admit to being a girl, he was all boy!

I asked him my name...he said " you were Butch". Then he said" My name was Alishia"..then he told me not to tell anyone, he didn't want his friends to know..he took off runnning out of the room, playing as usual.

He seemed to move in and out of an altered state of consciousness with ease. I admire that in children. Daniel seemed to remember what I knew from regressions and visions.

This is just one example of Daniel, his memories and mine. Enjoy..this is probably more than you wanted. *S

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 06-07-2000).]

7. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

I called my youngest daughter "he" the entire time I was pregnant. When my mom told me I'd had a girl, my response was "I had a WHAT?"
    (My son was thrilled though, he spent the entire time I was pregnant telling my stomach "You be a GIRL baby OK?"

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for sharing your story. It's so impressive to me that you and Daniel shared the memories at the same moment. I have been hoping that something would come through to me in dreams as that has been my "psychic"
    experience and would be helpful if I learned to read them immediately(but thats another story). Do you have a specific type of meditation that you practice? I have several books that teach different methods, but have never committed to learning. Also, thanks for the reference to the other past lives books-- I will seek those out also! Thanks for sharing your knowledge so freely!

Bonnie

9. rinkrat

rinkrat Senior Registered

Hi Galadriel, sounds like your son is best friends with your daughter. I know that my best friend (a guy, I'm a girl and I used to have past lives together. I think that this is the best one yet because we'll finally be able to be together. Hope you're all having a good day. Take Care, -rink.

10. mkaysato

mkaysato Guest

"I was a little boy. I died and came back"

As we were driving home in the car two days ago, my two year-old daughter suddenly exclaimed, "I was a little boy. I died, and came back."

Stupefied, I asked, "What?"

She again repeated, "I was a little boy. I died, and came back."

Trying to hide my shock at her statement, and avoiding any prompting I asked,"What color was your hair?"

In her two year-old fashion, she responded with, "Yellow...(her hair is brown)...green, pink, and brown."

I could easily write this moment off as a "toddler moment", but inside I feel it's much deeper, and more meaningful than that. My daughter is just recently being exposed to death--a gerbil and several fish have died recently. I have long wanted to believe in reincarnation, but have never discussed it with her--and, personally, the logic behind it didn't make all that much sense, nor did the concept of any kind of afterlife.

This brief moment with my daughter was reassuring and comforting, especially with the recent passing of my own grandmother. (An aside--when we took my grandmother's ashes to her grave, Lia, my daughter was 20 months old. Lia stood on top of the blank tombstone, and said,"Bye-bye GG(her nickname for my Grandmother)."

One more aside--whether this fits with this or not--is I knew I was pregnant, or going to be, immediately after with both pregnancies. There was a definite energy I felt both times.

What can I ask my daughter without prompting these next few days in order to find out if that memory is real or not? Any advice or response would be appreciated. I know I went on more than I should have, but I'm trying to piece it all together.

Thank you

11. Deborah

Welcome to the forum mkaysato,

I liked your listed interests... LOLOL What grade so you teach?

We always ask this when new people come here..so I will ask you too. Have you read either of Carol's books? If not..make it a priority, they are a must read for any parent whose children are talking about "my other mommy, or when I died..etc."

In the FAQ section is a recommended book list, Carol's book are at the top-- here is the link --

Recommended book list

Are you keeping a journal? If not -- start one. Days..weeks... months can go by with nothing..then all of a sudden more comes through and if you keep all her comments in one place..and have recorded it all while it's fresh in your mind, it will be worth its weight in gold when you are trying to remember what she said last time. As well as putting the pieces of the puzzle together!

Encourage her to draw -- sometimes in their drawing..snippets of information will surface as well. I hope this helps!!!!!
    ------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

12. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

When I was a little boy...

When my daughter Mira was about 2 years old she would sometimes tell me, quite matter-of-factly, "Dad, you know, when I was a little boy..." such and such happened. She told me about someone who had been "his" grandfather, but not a lot of details. It wouldn't happen often but it was always interesting when it did. I never contradicted nor lead her, but just let her tell me what she wanted to. After a while it stopped. Now, when I mention it to her (she's 13 now) she doesn't remember, but finds it curious.

Interestingly, before the first occurance of her statements, I had read something on childhood recollections of past lives in a small book I had picked up in India 3 years before (in 1987) on the life of the Hindu Perfect Master Upsani Maharaj. Upasni, who died about 50 years ago, had been one of the spiritual masters of my master, Meher Baba. I was just browsing Upasni's book one day and came upon a section where he mentioned that young children can often recall their past lives because they do not have preconceived notions about whether it is possible or not. He said that as they get older their parents convince them these memories are not real and they gradually stop. From his comments it seems the openness of children's minds may be part of the reason they recall more than adults. I had not mentioned what I had read to my wife or anyone as it didn't seem overly important at the time. Then shortly after Mira began telling about when she was a little boy.

Meher Baba's book God Speaks (Dodd & Mead, 1954) also provides a detailed explanation of the mechanics of reincarnation which some may be interested in reading. He once indicated that most people are shielded from these memories in part because otherwise managing ones life and relationships would become more complex.

In any case, I found Mira's spontaneous statements facinating but was not aware until I saw this site how often children seem to recall former lives.

Thanks for an intersting site.

13. CrowEyes

CrowEyes Guest

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. We're glad that you found the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to post more.

Yes many children like Mira have shared some very interesting memories with those they love and trust. Hats off to you for encouraging her and allowing her to express those memories. I think that is very important for children.

And the book also sounds like something that would be interesting to read. Thanks for posting about it.

------------------
    Love,
    CrowEyes

In order to have a pocket full of dreams...one must first have a hand filled with vision.

14. sophie

sophie Senior Registered

Hi Jonathan, it's wonderful that you are on a spiritual path, and consequently, your daughter will probably always be open because you listened to her. My son spoke so often of his past life (see "when I was a woman"), and I journaled everything he said. He's 5 now, and doesn't remember telling me those things, but I still encourage him to talk about his dreams and let me know if he remembers any past lives.

My parents were not aware of reincarnation when I was growing up, but my mom has always been an open-minded person, and whenever I brought any subject up w/her, she listened and said, " anything's possible." So I always remembered my past lives, and wrote them down, and shared them w/my mom. She now believes in reincarnation, because she's had memories herself, and she's stayed open w/me, we've shared our feelings over my lifetime. So as her daughter, I have helped her to remember her lives and encouraged her to see and feel beyond her body. She is a truly wonderful mother.
    Great Blessings!

15. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Thanks to Crow Eyes and Sophie for the welcome and the comments.

What a great idea Sophie, to write down your sons comments. I didn't do that and now don't recall all the details. I wish I had but it didn't occur to me at the time.

Jonathan
    Madison, WI

16. sophie

sophie Senior Registered

Hi Jonathan, that's ok that you didn't write them down. As long as you remember some things, that will help your daughter when she wants to remember. It's just so wonderful that you're open and loving. That's all she needs. Blessings.

17. KimD

KimD Senior Registered

My friend's son: "I wanted to be born a girl..."

My friend has an adorable 6 year old son who for whatever reason, is very effeminate. His younger brother is very boyish, liking dinosaurs, wrestling, superheros, etc., but the 6 year old makes a beeline to my daughters' toys when he visits, he loves having tea parties, he wants to take gymnastics, he turns sheets and towels into pretend skirts. Pink is his favorite color. This is somewhat of an issue for my friend just because she worries if he's normal. He does like some boy things and recently he asked for a police uniform for his birthday, and he WILL play "boy" games if that's all anyone is playing (I'm not trying to stereotype here and I think we should encourage all kids to play all kinds of things, regardless of gender, but I have three girls and two boys and as a parent of both, I have noticed that there ARE certain clearcut "boy" games and "girl" games kids seem to play), he doesn't totally hate or avoid the little boy stuff, but if given a choice, he would like to do the "girl" stuff. Still, my friend is a very good mother and supportive of his interests anyway, although she continually wonders to herself why he likes girl things so much.

Then, a few weeks ago he told his mom that "I wanted to be born a girl, but God thought I should be a boy." Just like that. Then he went on playing. My friend didn't know what to say to that.

It was the wording of his sentence "I WANTED to be born a girl." Not "I wish I had been born a girl," but past tense like that. He's pretty articulate and I don't think it was an error of immature language. I often think about reincarnation with my own kids (who also say some interesting things), but it might really answer why this little boy is SO much like a girl. Maybe he was in a past life.

Kim

18. melkay

melkay New Member

my daughter was a boy ..

I just finished reading Children's Past Lives and wanted to share my story. When my daughter Camerynn was 3 1/2 years old she stunned her grandmother by blurting out " I used to be a boy " . Her grandmother being shocked just answered, Really? To which Camerynn replied, "yes, but a mean man hit me in the head and I died. " When my mother in-law related this story to me neither of us quite new what to make of it, so we brushed it off.

Well, about 3 weeks after that we were heading to the zoo and my daughter points out the window to a man mowing the lawn and says " I don't like that man , he's mean." To which I replied in a motherly manner that it is not nice since she doesn't know him. Her reply, " That's the mean man who hit me in the head and killed me." Well, once again we were shocked and didn't know what to make of it and brushed it off once more.

I wish I had read this book sooner. But that isn't the end of my story a few months after this incident I was watching the local news when a story came on about a child who had died by drowning in a backyard pool. Camerynn asked me what it was about and I explained it to her , ending it with "that is why we will never have a pool in our yard, it is to dangerous." and she innocently asks "why, because you don't want me to drown like Donny ?" Now, I almost lost it !! Donny was an uncle of my husbands who died in the early 1970's. I knew I never told my daughter this story and it just is not a daily subject in our family! I asked my husband and my in-laws if they had mentioned this to her and they all said no, that they would have no reason to tell that to her, none of them could ever recall talking about it in her presence.

Meanwhile from the ages of 2 - 5 1/2 Camerynn suffered from what I call mild night terrors. I say mild because she wouldn't really thrash or scream but she would cry,whimper,actually sit up in bed and stare at things I could not see, but she definitly could, even pointing it out to me sometimes, saying " Do you see that ?". But when I would ask her the next morning she would never remember anything happening, she would think I was pulling her leg.

Then last summer we got out of bed one morning and she said to me. "Last night I woke up and there was a boy in the bed next to me, but when I reached over to touch him, he fell into the bed. " Now, she wasn't afraid of this boy as I would assume most children would be. Which I found rather unusual. Question , is it possible that it was a vision of her past self and that is why she was so calm about it? She is going to be 6 next month and I asked her if she remembered telling her Grandma and me that she was a boy once and she said no and giggled about it as if I was joking with her.

My other question is whether I could have had some idea of this past life before she mentioned it to me. Let's put it this way, from the day I knew I was pregnant with her I knew that even if it was a girl I wanted her to have a very "strong" name. And when I decided to name her Camerynn (originally Cameron) about 85% of the replies I got was "isn't that a boys name ?" To which I replied that is her name, I was insistent.

Well, when she was about 4 a neighbor of mine gave me a book on scottish clans names knowing I have a scottish-irish background. He told me to look up my last name and the book would show which clan my family belongs to. Well, I looked up my last name and what clan was my family a member of ? CLAN CAMERON !! I was stunned !! Well, even though Camerynn does not remember what she has said I do and I am eagerly awaiting what my 22 month old might end up saying.

You see, 2 of my sisters and I all became pregnant at the same time and had our babies within weeks of each other. June , July and Sept. of 2000. What are the odds of 3 sisters having babies so close together? Better yet, what are the odds that all of those 3 babies ended up with strawberried color birthmarks in the same exact spot? On the back of their necks just below their skull. It is true , they all do. Could it be they all came together for a reason ? Only time can tell. But, I believe I know that answer already.

Well, Thank you to those of you who were patient enough to read my whole story. And thank you Carol for opening my eyes to the many possibilities in life. It means so much to those of us who truly need it.
    Melkay

edited for paragraph spacing only

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 07-26-2002).]

19. Deborah

Hi Kim,

Thank you for sharing your story. Amazing how children so spontaneously speak their truths. Catches most of us off guard. You might enjoy a thread I started with the story of my son who did something very similar at age five.

Soul Moments

Enjoy!

20. Deborah

Welcome to the forum Melkay,

Thank you for sharing your daughters experiences. Brings a smile to my face - when new members share their children's spontaneous knowings. It really does help others who are unsure, searching or who have children who are also experiencing what you and your family are experiencing with your daughter.

Have you read Carol's second book yet? "Return from Heaven"? I think you'll find it just as inspiring.