Celebrating 21 Years online!

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Forum Staff, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Forum Staff

Forum Staff Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks.jpg

Feel free to post your thanks here and please - help support the space.​

2. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I first stumbled across this site around 13 years ago and, though I didn’t join right away, frequently visited as a guest. A lot of those past members and their posts seemed so knowledgeable to me—I do believe there is something that sticks when encountering an idea or group for the first time—and the fact that this place was around served as a much-needed constant in my life.
    I have made many friends while discussing past lives and reincarnation online, friendships that started off as only being about PLs, that blossomed into so much more. I’m happy to say that many of those relationships started here. Thank you for keeping this space for us, @Steve and Carol!

Leafa, Angie Brown and Deborah like this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Congratulations and thank you so much.

Angie Brown likes this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

See that donation button in the Forum Staff signature (You have to be signed in to see it). Let's show our appreciation for all they do by donating - even if it's a $1.00

And tell them your story on how and why you came here!

Attached Files:

Tinkerman and Angie Brown like this.
  5. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Shall when we next receive our pension. May seem silly but even as small an amount as £1 is important to us these days. It's 2l of milk, a couple of loaves of bread, etc. Austerity Europe for many but I will budget for it next payday.

6. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I came here when I was busy unraveling some past life. I wanted input from other people, because this proces is typically a lonely proces and as a bonus the constant selfdoubt about whether I should believe my own conclusions or dismiss them as being crazy.
    The name Carol Bowman sounded familiar to me, although till this day I cannot recall which one of her books I must have read before.
    I love good conversations about reincarnation and related topics. It’s a good place to be here, friendly and open.
    Sometimes I loose myself in the Archives of this forum. So many stories to read. Not having time enough :p
    The same with the daily posts: not enough time to read it all. That’s also a good thing, because it means this forum is alive and serves a purpose for many people.
    So, Thank you Carol and Steve for creating this space for us.

inhaltslos and Angie Brown like this.
  7. Angie Brown

A nice thought to say so, fireflydancing.
    I second that thank you. A still quite new member but yes, a very lonely process when so few you meet in life have had memories of their own so know it is real. So it is wonderful to have this forum

Thank you, Carol and Steve. Also thank you to those who keep it up and run it as well as to all who post.

Best wishes,

Angie

inhaltslos likes this.
  8. Deborah

It would be nice if all you can do is comment. How has this space has helped you, or your family and friends. I will tell Steve and Carol to come checkout this thread DEC 1st - it will be a surprise for them. If you'd like to donate that's great - but not required.
    Carol once told me - you never know how many people this space has helped. It would be nice from them too hear from you. ;)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

What started out as a search of websites about reincarnation led me here where my thoughts and questions were accepted. I received reasonable answers, met and interacted with interesting people, and have had a good overall experience with the site.

I appreciate the Bowman’s efforts and continued support and I hope to help in any way that I can to see that it continues to serve the community.

10. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I first found this site sometime in 2006. I was suffering through an extreme existential crisis, and was doing the only thing I could to try and find my way out - reading everything I could about evidence for the continuation of the soul or personality after physical death. Reading the stories of so many children who remember their previous lives brought me hope and I was able to eventually come out of the crisis a stronger and more aware person.

Move forward to 2012 and I was back, no longer lurking this time, but as a signed up member. My own past life memories were starting to surface, and as the waves of memories and emotions washed over and buffeted me, this forum was a safe place to discuss them, talk about the spiritual awakening I was experiencing, and healing.

I've made some wonderful connections here, and made some lovely friends. I can't thank the Bowmans enough for providing this safe and supportive space for the discussion of such a personal and sometimes difficult topic.

11. Deborah

Yeah...I don't think people know it costs hundreds of dollars every year to support the software for this space. Every year Carol asks me....do you think we should close it down? Of course I've said no ever year even after 21 years. I will delete this thread before I alert them to come here. What I'm reading so far is great...but we need as many people as possible to say something. At least THANK YOU! Who knows next year - may be the year it goes away. It's easy to just expect spaces like this to be here, and I know members don't always know the history - but in 2006 it almost did. Unruly, people made it hell. That's why it's so structured now. SO please chime in, post a funny pic, cartoon, balloons - pretend we are having a Party! Use your imagination.

Angie Brown...please do not feel you have to donate. Your donation can be in kind words. That goes for everyone as well.

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. briski

briski Senior Registered

This is a really good forum, its really helping me deal with some of my current issues. Lets hope its here for another 21 years at least.

fireflydancing likes this.
  13. Angie Brown

Thank you, Deborah. Your thoughtful, wise and kind words are always good to read and always welcome.

I have never before donated to any on line set-up, but this year have three that I really want to contribute to at least a little bit when I can, so when I can I shall, as I really want to.
    This forum is a wonderful service, and costs so we mustn't expect it for free if we can put something in, even if it is only a little here and there.

A few years ago when my finances were better, I would have gladly put in at least a couple of hundred every six months or so. After all, people pay for a tv licence if they have one, and pay various other subscriptions for other things. I think a little voluntary contribution as and when members can is reasonable to hope for. After all, it isn't being demanded. Only very politely suggested :)

Take care and best wishes,

Angie

14. Ministargazer

Ministargazer Ministargazer

Hi Deborah, let's hope that this forum is here fifty years from now as time doesn't mean much to those of us reincarnating and the forum would keep us connected lifetime to lifetime. I tried the donate button and it didn't seem to work - not sure why.

Angie Brown and briski like this.
  15. Angie Brown

I can't even find it :-/

16. Deborah

Donations are accepted via Paypal or mail. Are you signed in when you can't see it? Ministargazer try again - with the link in this post. Thank you for letting me know.

Or copy and paste this - https://www.carolbowman.com/donate/

Angie Brown likes this.
  17. Angie Brown

Thank you, Deborah. It isn't much. Just over £5 British but every little helps said the old woman as .... and will do again as soon as again. As I said, TV licence costs a lot in the UK even if someone hardly watches it. Do you know the law here is that even when people only use one for DVD's or as an offline computer screen, they HAVE to have a licence 'because the set CAN receive tv transmissions'? I don't know how it is in other countries. Anyway, when our old tv stopped working we didn't replace it. The small amount we watched it didn't justify the fee and in fact where we live there is an inexpensive cinema. We could go there every three weeks for the same cost if we wanted
    However, I have far more enjoyment with my phone on the web.

Best wishes,

Angie

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  18. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Senior Member

I've quite recently become a member and find this forum very fascinating and I appreciate it so much after having spent years feeling quite alone in my pl experiences. So big thanks :) I get a bit touched when reading what the forum has meant/mean to the members here. I had no idea it has been here for 21 years, that's strong :)

tanker and Angie Brown like this.
  19. Angie Brown

I have been (still am) down with a quite bad chest infection, so haven't much been on here.

Did you email them our big thanks? I'm sure you have by now. They deserve to know how very much valued and appreciated this forum is.

Best wishes,

Angie

20. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

This website pretty much saved my sanity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Deborah, Angie Brown and Speedwell like this.