Chapter #7 - Facing Abortion

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hello shadowsfire,

Welcome to the forum! :D Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think it's wonderful to know that souls that are meant to be with us find a way to do so ;)

Ailish

2. shadowsfire

shadowsfire New Member

Thank You for the warm welcome. I find it comforting that they do find a way. :)

3. Trin's mom

Trin's mom New Member

I understand

I applaud you for you bravery and can relate very much to your story of the after effects of an abortion, and I think that it had a wonderfull ending

4. coverdale0

coverdale0 New Member

abortion

I also had two abortions when I was 16, I went into it with the rational attitude that it was a fetus, but sometimes you know how you just know something from balls to bone so to speak? It's not just a fetus and I have been very careful with my daughters and birth control, so they never have to make that horrible descision. I had three daughters and I feel my two babies were boys. I can also feel how protective they feel for me, maybe the terrible guilt atoned in a small way for the deed.I didn't have them again maybe they will be my grandchildren I also know my oldest will have a boy even though she's not pregnant yet!

5. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I want to commend everyone for baring your hearts and souls because I know that what you've shared will surely benefit others.

I didn't make it through the entire thread and I have to leave (ironically to go see the first untrasound of my first grandchild), so if anyone else has posted this, I apologize.

I can't remember if it was in Carol's book or another (I think it was Carol's), but I remember reading that the soul doesn't reside 100% of the time in the fetus - - until birth, it often comes and goes - - visiting other spiritis/souls and just "frolicking" about - - until the time of birth. If this is the case (and I have no reason to doubt it is), then I'm sure that once the process of abortion is begun, that the soul has the ability to be separate from the fetus.

Further, there are lots and lots and lots of spontaneous miscarriages. I can't remember the percentage, but the number of pregnancies that go to term, in comparison to spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) is phenomenal. Oft times this happens before a mother even realizes she is pregnant. However, it sometimes takes a little longer. I worked in hospital pathology for some time and can tell you that "pre-term" birth - - or birth defects made up large percentage of the deceased that went through the hospital morgue. Also, it is very possible that some of the inentional abortions may have ended up as spontaneous abortion/miscarriage/stillbirth. Sometimes the time just isn't right, whether we instinctively know it or not.

Further, I'd have to say that I'd personally rather be born to a parent who is better prepared to "parent" me rather than being born into an unstable situation.

Again, my opinion, but bodies and souls are two separate things that aren't always compatible (i.e., due to birth defect or other circumstance) and it may have taken all of us more than one "attempt" at being born into the bodies we now inhabit.

I hope that makes sense and hope that I've not said anything offensive or hurtful, as I know this can be a volatile subject.

6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Moondynser - you are one of the sweetest members around here. :) :thumbsup:

7. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Oh gosh! I wasn't fishing! :eek: [but thank you : angel ] I have been known to make statements in the past without thinking them all the way through and realizing too late that something I've said was either unintentionally hurtful or just plain stupid.

I know it's a very difficult subject with very extreme opinions held by many - - I'm just trying to look at as many facets of the subject as I can.

8. leahappy

leahappy New Member

I had an abortion when I was 21. The day after it happened, I lit a small fire in the backyard and spoke to the soul of my baby, explaining why I felt it was the wrong time, and trying to work through (for myself) my beliefs in the 'afterlife'. That even though I wasn't ready then, (and there were a lot of external factors as well) I would be one day, and comforted myself with the thought that 'time' runs differently in this world. I was not prepared for the intense emotions, unhappiness and guilt that came of my actions. I don't think its something I could do again.

But, I am still with the same man, and we now have 2 beautiful boys. Once I had that abortion, I knew that we had to follow through. 3 years, to the day of my abortion, I conceived my eldest son. I do believe he is the soul of that first baby. I feel like since his birth, I've repaid a debt.

Its funny though, one of the reasons I had the abortion was becuase my partner had 2 girls already, and at the time they were only 5 and 6. We were moving interstate to be closer to them, and we felt having a baby then would add extra pressure to a strained relationship. Its funny then, that 6 years later, those problems we anticipated are surfacing anyway. It's kinda like we just delayed the inevitable! But I still think it was the best decision at the time, for everyone involved.

Its so great to be able to express these things.

9. Deborah

Welcome to the forum leahappy,

Thank you for sharing your experience. :D I hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions or need help researching something........please do not hesitate to ask.

10. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Welcome to the forum leahappy. What a great way to begin the healing by lighting the fire and speaking to your baby's soul. I was thinking that act might be what drew him back to you 3 years later.

Vicky

11. leahappy

leahappy New Member

Thanks guys!

I am so happy that he DID come back to me, he is a very spirited, happy little boy, and knows just how to make everyone smile.

And now he has a little brother who, I'm sure (well I can hope!) will be the one who tells me all about our past lives together.

Leah

12. Alyesha

Alyesha Alyesha

I have been reading peoples experiences of children returning to their parents/family. I had a abortion late last year, due to medical problems. So it has been really comforting to read all your experiences.

I have a question for those who could throw some light on my current situation. For all my life I have had pychic abilities partically around pre-cognition, clairaudience and clairsentience. But this has all stopped after I had the abortion, I very rarely sense anything any more.

I feel it has gone because I had the abortion, perhaps I have had my gift taken away because of this? Sorry, this is not really a past-life experience but wouldn't mind some help.

13. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I would tend to think that you might be blocking this yourself, maybe unconsciously. If you feel guilt due to the abortion, that could be the answer. I believe, as many other do, that abortion, or any major event in your life, is merely a lesson for your soul to learn. While it's perfectly normal to feel grief and remorse, guilt might not be one of the emotions you need to burden yourself with. I don't beleive you are being punished for your decision.

John

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

I would agree with that assessment, John. I terminated a pregnancy some years ago due to a medical condition, and it did not affect any of my abilities, in fact, new ones have developed since then.

Alyesha, although it is impossible to determine what's going on with you from one short post, you might want to look into the Grieving Process, in particular the Bargaining stage.

Phoenix

15. leahappy

leahappy New Member

I don't believe that losing your gifts would be punishment either. I just don't believe the spirit world, or God, or whatever you believe in hands out punishment, only people do that!

Go easy on yourself and work things through. It will get better!

Remember the light within you, and the universal love that flows through everyone and everything.

16. Alyesha

Alyesha Alyesha

I terminated a pregnancy some years ago due to a medical condition, and it did not affect any of my abilities, in fact, new ones have developed since then.

Thank you:) , will work on my inner self.

17. SPRING

SPRING Senior Registered

It was interesting reading all your stories here and I wanted to share something too.
    My mother had an abortion after my youngest brother was born. She was in the divorce process with my father and this fourth pregnancy was forced on her. She was very religious in all meanings and went to see a Rabi to get permission for abortion since the pregnancy was a result of traumatic experience. She also had 3 very small children (ages 4,3 and 1) to care for and she was just about to be a single mother. The Rabi gave her permission and she had the abortion. I do not know about her emotional dilemma regarding the abortion, I know the Rabi's permission made her feel possibly safer. When she told us the story when I was young she indicated having one more would have been a road she would have not made through, she barely made it with us three.

I remember her telling us when I was young about her abortion, so I always knew we were suppose to have one more sibling. I was so bothered by it and wondered about the little sibling I was suppose to have very often. It bothered me terribly and only me, I was the only one to beg her through the years to bring one more child, I felt something was missing.

I completely forgot about her abortion till one night about a year ago, I had a dream. In my dream there was me, my current siblings and my mother. My mother had an unusual huge pregnant belly- this was the child she aborted just about exactly 20 years ago. The strange thing was that the child she aborted was alive in her belly and was 2 years old, the child was as real as can be with all the interests and good energy of 2 years olds. I was surprised in my dream because she had the abortion so long ago and I didn’t even know the baby was back with my mother/us and now is 2 years old, how can that be possible- the baby she aborted was with us for 2 years without me being aware of it.

When I woke up from that dream I didn’t know what did it all mean, didn’t have a clue till I ran by this thread and read how babies that were aborted came back to their loved ones. The strange thing is that my daughter was 2 years old at the time of my dream and I can’t help wondering if she is the soul of the baby my mother aborted- was this what the dream was telling me?
    If she is the baby my mother aborted it would make perfect sense why she came back now. My daughter’s existence kept my mother going through the hardest time of her life, my daughter is the force that keeps her going through her hard life. My daughter brought with her so much light and love.

18. Hendrina Grove

Hendrina Grove New Member

Abortion is a topic that most of the time provokes very strong feelings!

Personally I just think the knowledge that there is a strong possibility that the aborted child's soul may "return" to you or within the family will defnitely "ease" the pain and the longing usually experienced by a person that had to have an abortion for whatever reason. It changes a "hopeless" situation into a very hopeful experience.

I just wondered while reading through the thread whether you Deborah ever shared this knowledge with your daugter who is now the mother of your grandson?

With me and my youngest daughter who happens to have been my grandmother(during this lifetime-she died when I was 9) -- I shared this knowledge with most of the family and friends --and although my husband and some of my friends were totally stunned --it seems as if my daughters friends and her brother and 2 sisters are glad to find a reason for "the very special bond" the two of us always had!!! She has also mentioned that she does not want us to die but if we die, she would love to be our child again !! Thus "talking" freely about it has opened many doors of sharing with lots of people.:)

Keep sharing ! Hendrina Grove

19. Hendrina Grove

Hendrina Grove New Member

Hi Spring

A dream as vivid as yours --I think you can "stick" to your interpretation!!! And a lovely new "beginning" to a very sad story regarding your mothers single days and your childhood way back.

Hendrina Grove

20. Deborah

Yes. She has had several past life memories herself (One life with polio and braces on her legs for example). Her own experiences have allowed her to see the bigger picture in life. :)