Charlie Chaplin past life

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Tabitha Mary, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Tabitha Mary

Tabitha Mary Active Member

Hi there! I’m new to this forum so would love some help if possible! I believe that I was Charlie Chaplin in a past life. I know this sounds very far-fetched, but someone had to be him. I not only resemble him, also my parents resemble his parents and my love interest looks like his wife Oona. I liked my love interest before I knew about Charlie and Oona. I’ve only thought I was him for a few months now. The thing is, I can’t really remember anything of being him, but I just feel like Charlie. Maybe because he had some very sad events in his life and also things that he likely regretted, are the reasons why I don’t remember much. I first came to think I was Charlie a few months ago. I never had an interest in him before or knew anything about him. I was in Waterloo, London with my mother and unknown to me at the time, this is all where Charlie grew up as a child. I’d never been there before but I suppose thinking back now, I did have a feeling like I knew the place and had a nostalgic feel to it. It was after this that I suddenly became very drawn to him and I noticed I resembled him. Now a couple months later, I am beginning to believe I was Charlie. Before him, however, I was certain I was a lady called Mary Mohin (McCartney), yes Paul McCartney’s mother. I looked like her a little and I somewhat have memories of being Mary and I just felt connected to her. Liverpool is very very nostalgic for me and whenever I go I feel like I’m at home. Then again London has that feeling too. Jim, her husband, resembles my old love interest that I felt was special somehow, like I knew him before. Could it be possible I had a split reincarnation? I do act like two different people and struggle with this. I want to be a nurse (Mary’s profession) and I have an urge to act and perform (Charlie’s career). I know this all sounds very unlikely and far-fetched but I’d really love some help! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
    WhiteRose likes this.
  2. Tabitha Mary

Could anyone help me with this please?:)

3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I see that this is bothering you a lot.

You should understand, though, that people will have their doubts when your first post is about having had a famous past life. Especially, when you have no actual memories.
    Someone had to be him, true. Famous people reincarnate, too, and on soul level, fame means nothing. Doesn't make you a better person, doesn't make you more spiritually developed. Fame is just a human concept, and it is kinda unfair that famous past lives should be treated as something special or less believable.

Still, before you make a "claim" (I so hate this phrasing, like a famous past life was something desirable, like getting the best digging place during the Gold Rush...), you should consider a few things.

Ever watched "Who Becomes a Millionaire?" Sometimes, when a candidate is not sure about the answer, they use the exclusion method.
    What else than a past life could your connection to Charlie Chaplin mean?
    On the photographs in the middle, it is clearly visible that you look a lot like him. Same nose and mouth, and very similar eyes.

Have you done some ancestry research yet? Maybe there is a connection between his family and yours, maybe you share some DNA.

I would also recommend that you try different methods to retrieve memories. Meditation, guided meditations from youtube, asking Spirit/the Holy Spirit/your Spirit Guides/your Higher Self (depending on what your personal beliefs are) to give you answers when you go to sleep, what ever you see fit. Binge-listening to music from Charlie's era also might trigger a memory. Reading quotes or watching movies from his time. Each individual's journey is a different one, and no one can tell you what will work best for you.
    Should you be able to retrieve a memory of Charlie's favorite Christmas or Birthday present as a little boy as an example, or any tidbit of information that isn't available to everyone at first sight and hopefully can be validated later, you will be much more believable in other people's eyes.

Another recommendation: click the link in inhaltslos' (one of the admins here) signature. While the forum is offline, there still is a lot of valuable information available. About how to handle famous past lives, about how to retrieve memories, other such stuff.

My best wishes to you. May your journey lead you to your true self.

fireflydancing and KenJ like this.
  4. Tabitha Mary

:):)

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated! :)
    Yes this is bothering me very much. I know I must sound crazy to anyone seeing this as Charlie was an incredibly famous individual. But someone had to be Mr Chaplin in a past life. And yes, I recognise that many will not believe me. However my argument to them would be, ''Well, who is worthy of once being Charlie? Why not me?''. In reincarnation, as you say, on soul level fame means nothing, so why couldn't I have been him? And yes, I completely agree with you on how it doesn't make you a better person or more spiritually developed - which I have never thought for a moment. I have been to psychics however and they have all commented that I am an ''old-soul''. As a young boy, Charlie was an ordinary person living a poverty-stricken existence in a poor, working-class area of London. I am just an ordinary girl from England.

I was not interested in Charlie whatsoever until recently, so I've never had a desire to have been him in a previous life. I am still very unsure whether I was actually him or not, but my intuition and heart keeps leading me back to him. I just find it too much of a coincidence that not only I resemble him (and it is most possible that I am related to him somehow as my family hails from London) my mum looks similar to his mother Hannah and my father resembles Charlie's father. There is something about their eyes and facial expressions. They both act like his parents did (my mother being fun, light-hearted and very close to me and my father having a great sense of humour but a short-temper. My dad also hates the smell of any alcohol, it makes him almost physically sick and he's has never really drank - Charlie's father died an alcoholic at the age of only 38...maybe this is why my dad is like this?) My love interest also acts and resembles Charlie's wife Oona. They are an English teacher and love literature, just like Oona did. I liked him before I even knew Charlie and Oona, so maybe he was a trigger that helped me remember.

I am like Mr Chaplin in my personality (good sense of humour - always pulling faces and doing impressions of people, but shy and timid, very philosophical and a deep-thinker, who has a lot of emotional issues, maybe because I was once the man himself?). As a child my mother said that I would ask ''where's my stick?'' and I've always put on little comedy routines and done impressions. I've always been a very funny person, but with a private, quiet side - just like Charlie.

My grandmother who is sadly not on this earth plane anymore told my mum before I was even born that this child would be good at playing the piano - Charlie did play the piano and enjoyed music like I do. I have listened to some of the songs from Charlie's era and there is definitely a nostalgic feel for me. There was an antiques shop with all early 20th century ornaments in the window and just looking at them, I knew that I had a past life during that era. There was a comforting feeling whilst looking at these. I have also listened to the instrumental songs that Charlie has in his films and I love them.

Just last week I went to The Cinema Museum in London which use to be the Lambeth Workhouse - where a young Charlie went for a short while as a child along with his mother and older brother (I have an older cousin who is very much like a brother to me who is very protective and looks at me as a sister etc. This is my mum's nephew who she has always been incredibly close to, like a mum, and took care of him a lot as a child. He does share some similarities to Charlie's brother Sydney). As me and my mum were walking towards this place, I could see the tall tower-like part of the building. This made me feel very nervous and I just didn't feel right. I also felt very tired and not myself there throughout the visit. Even though the occasion should have been a pleasant and fun one like you would expect going to a museum, I could not bring myself to smile whilst there. We got to the museum but it was round the back part of the old workhouse so me and my mum did not see the whole building, and I knew this and kept thinking to myself ''I know this was bigger'' and I was right. It was only until we got home that I realised we didn't see the whole building at the front as the tower had disappeared. Maybe it was just as well as I think it would have made me feel emotionally very drained.

Thank you for your recommendations!:) That is most helpful, I'm very grateful. I love the idea of asking Spirit to help me out and especially giving me answers when I'm asleep, that's such a sweet lovely idea:) For me, so far, I have to go to an actual place where he has been or see something that triggers memories. But I will definitely try and do what you have recommended:)

Many thanks,

Tabitha:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
  5. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Having asked your mother for your stick as a little kid is a huge sign indeed. Maybe you *did* have memories as a kid and just forgot them again...

I have been told that I am an old, even "ancient" soul, too, but I am not sure what to make of it. Maybe it just means that I am a slow learner, lol...
    As for memories, as far as I remember, I only got them as an adult. As a kid, I just had strange nightmares, a lot of phobias and very weird ideas that were soooo not fitting for a little girl living in the late 20th century. Or maybe I did have memories and forgot them again.

Yeah, if you have the chance to visit special places where Charlie was, do it! Maybe the memories will come back to you then.

Hope you will remember and get the answers you seek.

6. Tabitha Mary

Thank you very much!:)

7. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

While this is an exciting undertaking, I advise as much caution as you can muster.

Take your search slowly, document each memory or reaction as it comes up. Make sure you are finding genuine connections and not coincidences.

If you decide that the evidence has become too much to deny, then you still have to be careful. Only certain people should be trusted with such information (others may mock or make your life much more difficult).

Julius.Suiluj likes this.
  8. Tabitha Mary

Thank you for your advice!

9. Tabitha Mary

Could anyone help me with the split reincarnation part and Mary?:( I’m still confused with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2018
  10. Tabitha Mary

I hope to get a past life regression done. I am nearly certain that I was Charlie.

11. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

There are many audio recordings you can find if there is no professional in your area (or none cheap enough). I have gained much information through audio regression sessions. If you search for them on the internet, you should find several. Different ones work for different people.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  12. Julius.Suiluj

Julius.Suiluj Caesar

I would err on the side of caution here. I am someone who is claiming quite a famous and well known lifetime. I believe I was Julius Caesar. I did not feel comfortable making the claim until I had more solid evidence of memories, feelings, emotions. I have never been able to go to places Caesar was, but as an English speaker dreaming in Greek and hearing Latin and Egyptian certainly can be pointers.

Famous people do die and yes, someone will be them but be sure you know first you don't want to cut off who you truly were. Now you could be Charlie, but don't cut off all possibilities at this point. Resemblance can be important to a degree. Look at celebrity doppelgangers, it means nothing or sometimes is family resemblance. Sometimes unknown family resemblance. If you have memories, emotions, feelings, AND you look like him then I think you can be on to something. My appearance was the last thing I thought of when thinking if I was Caesar - nor do I think of my parents and how they're connected to Caesar.

"The thing is, I can’t really remember anything of being him, but I just feel like Charlie. Maybe because he had some very sad events in his life and also things that he likely regretted, are the reasons why I don’t remember much." Memories could come but you may also just identify with him. I just urge you to be careful and don't jump to conclusions.

"I first came to think I was Charlie a few months ago. I never had an interest in him before or knew anything about him. I was in Waterloo, London with my mother and unknown to me at the time, this is all where Charlie grew up as a child. I’d never been there before but I suppose thinking back now, I did have a feeling like I knew the place and had a nostalgic feel to it." Several people lived here, so keep in mind how broad this statement is.

"Before him, however, I was certain I was a lady called Mary Mohin (McCartney), yes Paul McCartney’s mother. I looked like her a little and I somewhat have memories of being Mary and I just felt connected to her." This is another reason to be cautious. Be sure to get yourself firm and understand what you're seeing.

I am not meaning to come off as harsh, just lending some thoughts as a fellow famous claimant.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  13. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

I am very dubious about Souls splitting up. I don't think it is possible at all. I think there are alternatives to this question, one of which is very likely, if the people tend to get historical facts wrong. Which in some books about famous past lives, includes mostly hypnotic sessions, which proves that the people couldn't have had past lives of those people.
    In your case Tabitha I think it's more likely you were Mary than Charlie. Since Mary was born in 1909, she would have grown up with Charlie Chaplin movies, which were very popular and she might have been a big fan of Charlie. A biography of Paul might give you some clues to see if his mother was a Chaplin fan. If that was the case, your soul might have picked a body that resembled Chaplin and anyone who was connected with him, would therefore be of interest to you looks wise!

This I know is quite common, liking a person that much the person in their current life believes they were that person. In some cases it is down to them having a humdrum life in this life!

There's is also an alternative, which is not a nice one to think about. However it does explain why so many people claim to be this and that famous person in a PL. That they were mentally insane in a past life and thought they were that person! I am certain that if you went into any mental hospital today you will find lots of people who believe they ARE a famous person, even some that are still alive. Rather like the John Lennon thread, where of course he was shot by a person who thought HE was the real John Lennon.
    Of course that doesn't stop someone who was a famous person in a previous life, then coming back as insane person, thinking they were the same person, or coming back as another person and then being insane thinking they were a different famous person.

Tabitha Mary, em19 and Julius.Suiluj like this.
  14. em19

em19 Member

Hi Tabitha, thank you for sharing your story! There’s a book called Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation by Gina Cerminara, which is a great place to begin on your journey of discovering your past personas and more about the workings of reincarnation; it has helped massively in clarifying a lot for me personally.

In general though, find ways to connect with your higher self - like through meditation, or whatever feels right to you, and then ask any question you feel you need answered and at some point, whether at that very moment or some time later (whenever the universe feels you are ready to receive an answer) you will surely get one. Of course, I’m sure working with a past life therapist may also be fruitful. I was too afraid to do past life regression, as I don’t feel so grounded in this life at the moment for various traumatic reasons, but I worked with a healer/therapist who understood this and just prompted me and we practiced meditation together to call my spirit guides to help me through my soul issues; and through visitations in my dreams from very close family members that have passed away, I have been given answers to my particular soul and past life questions.

Good luck on your journey!

15. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Active Member

yea me too i would reenact things from my favorite tv shows and movies and commercials and this is gonna sound funny but when i was a kid i used to think i was like REALLY REALLY famous lol i would also dance alot like Audrey she was an actress and dancer and we both are in a foundation where we both help kids from all around the world :)

Tabitha Mary likes this.
  16. briski

briski Senior Registered

Have you done any regression's at all to confirm this? I recommend ideally a professional to do it, there are youtube regressions but they are a bit hit and miss. You could totally fool yourself i think with a self one. I would at least have a professional do it once

Tabitha Mary likes this.
  17. Tabitha Mary

Hi there Graham,

It's Tabitha on my new account.
    I really like your first idea, that I was Mary (who I'm quite certain I was, but of course, I'll always have doubts) and she was a Chaplin fan. It explains a lot!
    I'm sure she was, being that she was born in 1909 and would have been the right age to have seen his films.
    Charlie would have been a big part of her childhood whether she was a fan or not as he was everywhere; newspapers, posters, cinemas etc.
    She had quite a sad childhood (having lost her mum aged only 9 in 1919) so maybe Chaplin's films helped her e.g. The Kid (1921) is the first film I saw by Charlie and
    I loved it and it remains my favourite film of his.
    I don't think it's ever mentioned in a biography of Paul as I am a Beatles fan; that's how I got to know Mary. I'll always love The Beatles, but to be honest, I'm more interested in Mary now :D
    Wow, I absolutely love that idea of my soul choosing a body that resembled Chaplin (and anyone who was connected to him)- that's such an interesting concept! Thank you! :)

briski likes this.
  18. Tabitha Mary

I definitely want a regression done at some stage - now I believe I was Mary, who I've thought I was for some years now, before Charlie.
    I'm just a bit worried that they won't be able to regress me - my mind is so active and I find it hard to relax. Fingers crossed it works for me :)

briski likes this.
  19. briski

briski Senior Registered

Have you been able to verify anything? Do you have memories of when paul was a child?
    Would be interesting to post if you have any

Tabitha Mary likes this.
  20. briski

briski Senior Registered

Heres a self one, definitely better getting a professional though

WhiteRose likes this.