Childhood Games

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by BriarRose, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

As a kid, I used to sit down with paper and my box of 64 crayola crayons and draw anything. You could ask me to draw something and I would. I never thought of this as being past life related until I used this memory with a Woolger Cd and it jumped me back to the life as a monk in the scriptorium of a monastery back in the 13th/14th century.

Thinking back now, not too many kids that I knew did this with paper and crayons..

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Sounds like you were a banker or some kind of business person. Maybe PL therapists should ask people what kind of games they played as kids. This thread is very interesting. As a kid I liked to write. Once tried writing a neighborhood newspaper but my parents told me to stop. Years later a psychic told me one of my past lives was working at a New York newspaper in the mid-1800's.

3. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Absolutely, the bad guys were the Russians at the end of WWII. I remember such a time of despair and fear there at the end and being mustered up with civilians to defend the cities it's no wonder that carried over into this life. I wish that past life child counselor were a thing so I could have worked through these feelings as a child. I never told any adults either because they wouldn't believe me. It's so unfortunate.

I love some of these other weird childhood habits people had that carried over as well like the banking and with the laundry. I just found out that I had been a banker too at some point. It wasn't my true calling though and I had a somewhat elevated interest in playing bank and being the Monopoly banker as well as a kid, but nothing crazy or extreme.

4. argonne1918

So you were German? Soldier or civilian? There was a discussion here the other day on the "wolf children".

5. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I was German and part of the military/government. I worked on the home front. When the war rolled around I wasn't conscripted probably because of my full-time status. Unfortunately, when things were falling apart around us I went to go fight with civilians and other military personnel to protect our cities.

6. Mazal

Mazal New Member

Sorry if the response to this is a bit long - also it may be OT, because it all relates to a while after childhood!

So - I didn't know it was a past life thing. When I got a bit older, teenage, I just tried to find ways to tap into what I assumed then was a healing gift. With evangelical Christian friends, I tried healing by "laying on of hands" and also "spiritual healing" and reiki, all of which made sense in terms of the energy flowing through my hands and my fingers, but were also quite frustrating because I knew that I was "meant" to be being more effective. That was the only phase of my life I tried to give healing to "real" people - people I actually know in this life. I still will work with my hands if one of my kids is sick or something, but it's debilitating; I end up very weak, with a mirror of whatever their sickness was. For whatever reason, the ability I once had remains very much blocked. And I can't describe how I used to work - any more than I can describe how to get a particular sound out of the piano by using a particular touch - somehow, a combination of instinct and training just makes you able to do it.

So it's unlikely I would ever have been able to trace the therapy if I hadn't traced the past life. Apparently, it was a technique I developed myself (no wonder I never found it in the books!) developing what I had been taught by a Tibetan teacher who had travelled to Europe. I guess it died with me. Or maybe even before. Have I ever thought of trying to (re)learn the original Tibetan system? Yes - but there's something stopping me, at the moment at least.

I identified the past life very suddenly, after a particularly lucid dream. The fact that some of my patients were "high profile" - royalty, celebrities, government leaders and so on - made me identifiable. Hence, I finally know.

7. argonne1918

You are what they call an "Empath". You can search for that. There are also YouTube videos that teach how to use it without being affected by others negative energy. You may want to find someone in your area who can teach you. People that do holistic healing may be a good place to look. Maybe ask people who practice Reiki, etc.?

8. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

That's really amazing, Mazal. I hope you will be allowed to reinvent it some day.

9. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Mazal, I am really impressed. I hope you figure out how to tap into your healing ability proper one day. I suppose it will come to you when the time is right.

I know I had experiences with a Reiki healer in the past and at first was dubious but when I actually felt the waves of energy wash over me, I was completely and utterly stunned and am now a strong believer! The healer was even able to do it from a distance through a picture or over electronic communication!

I hope you find your ability someday.

10. Mazal

Mazal New Member

Thanks all for the encouragement. But please don't be impressed - though I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have helped the people I did, my overwhelming memories of that life are of the ways in which I failed!

11. BriarRose

I've been told that when we do our life reviews, we are our own harshest critics. I think that carries over into life for a lot of us.

12. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Mazal, now when I was young I was in the evangelical church also and remember all that you are talking about so you are not alone. But I went to the mountain wilds and that was it for the church for my life personally.

And BriarRose, do agree that how often we are our own harshest critics it seems. And this is why I try to focus on just simply 'Enjoying Life'. For Life is too precious and wonderful to just go around in guilt and self criticism all the time.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

13. BriarRose

kMatjhwy, you always say what I need to hear, just when I need to hear it. New Year's blessings!

14. seagreen

seagreen New Member

When I was very small, maybe four years old, I remember playing with my brother and calling him Johnny. This is not his name. And I distinctly remember thinking of us as grown men going to work in a factory. Sometimes I would pretend we were on our lunch break. It's interesting because I have no recollection of any recent male lives, but this memory from childhood makes me think it may have been possible. I do remember having some feelings about early 1900s New York City when I was a kid, and maybe those feelings came from that particular lifetime. Maybe I was a young immigrant. It must have been a short lifetime, because I was back in France as a woman for WWII.

For the first four or five years of my life, I thought of myself as a boy, and was extremely controlling and assertive during playtime. I didn't dress like a boy, but it was in my attitude; and I always called myself "the king" or "the captain" of whatever game I was playing. My mother even has a picture of me playing with some boys at my preschool, bossing them around and pretending I was the captain of a ship. I was standing on a platform above them, shouting orders. And yes, a big ego has been one of my problems throughout my many incarnations.

15. BriarRose

I think we're finding out how much our childhood games can tell us, seagreen. Did anyone in your family go to work with a lunchbox, like the game you describe? I'm asking because my father did. He worked in the Aerospace industry. I didn't play that game, even though I had a real life model for it, so if you didn't have that example, your game could be a strong clue.

16. seagreen

seagreen New Member

Hey there, BriarRose. That's a good point about our possibly mimicking family members. My dad worked in retail, and I know he never carried a lunchbox to work. I think he usually bought lunch at work. My grandfather was a truckdriver and worked overnight. So, as far as I can remember, I don't think I was copying any of my male relatives. This little pretend game didn't last very long, but I remember it clearly. Maybe it really was based on a past life together.

17. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

I like this & have sort of similar. I think my last life I used to write childrens books & it was the thing I wanted to do when I was at primary school.

The banker/business person is so different to the lives I've so far remembered but I am good with budgets and spent years in sales. I was never bothered about the money I just enjoyed working the figures out.

I think it must be a male life & am only just tuning into them

18. BriarRose

Let us know how it develops, starry. :)

19. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

BriarRose,

Growing up we had a mangle in the house. It was sooo cool to play with :)

20. argonne1918

Did you have a wringer washer? I remember helping my mother put clothes through the wringer. You had to be careful not to get your hand caught in the wringers. At age 6 or 7 I was repairing broken clothes pins that I found on the ground.