Childhood Games

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by BriarRose, Dec 22, 2013.

1. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Was this the Saturday show where their rockets took off horizontally like airplanes? The flames looked like flares shooting out the back end (it probably was). For their spacesuits the helmet looked something like a deep sea diving helmet. Years later I learned that had been a 1940's movie serial. Can't remember the name of the show. Most of the kids Saturday TV programs in the 50's were recycled movie serials from the 40's. We were too young to know the difference. Even the Looney Tunes cartoons were adult cartoons from the 1940's. Those of us who remember those old shows think they are better than what's on today for kids.

2. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Yes, there are a lot of things that word is associated with. I'm afraid they're all so very interesting! The connections I'd intended are the bird, which is -as I'd like to be- found world wide, and the food, which I do crave often (once again we're back to food, which I don't mean to derail with LOL)

EDIT: I'm not sure if there's a ton of people in my age bracket around here, but perhaps there are some users who got to grow up around videogames and have certain affinities or other reactions to videogames due to pl experiences. Perhaps a separate thread for videogames entirely would be appropriate. I've the feeling there aren't a ton of other gamers around here though.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

The forum actually doesn't encourage discussion of video games, Spatz. By the way, I had no idea your name was a bird, or a food - I just associate it with that spiffy device men wear on top of their shoes. And no, they haven't been worn in my life time! LOL

Yes, argonne. That was the show. It had Buster Crabbe, I think. It was pretty awesome! When you are three, and special effects pretty much dodn't exist, it's easy for Hollywood to impress you.

Mama, I thought once we grew up, we would at least get to break the rules, as well as make them!

4. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

I'm curious as to why, could you provide a link or explanation? I'm afraid I wasn't specific. I don't mean discussion of videogames as just a hobby for funsies, since that would be quite offtopic from reincarnation. I brought them up with regards to past life experiences. I know it might be the generational difference and so I honestly wouldn't fault some of you for not knowing it, but videogames have come a long way since Pacman and Tetris and there are some games that are very, very in depth with regards to past eras -and not just war games.

Frankly I had an issue playing war games for many years (sometimes still do) and wondered if some other users have experienced similar phenomena. Depending on the game theme and quality, they can provide quite the trigger, and that was my intention for discussion. Please advise further.

5. BriarRose

I played Atari "Pong", but I have children, so I'm aware of the advances in technology. :D I will research the rules, and PM you if I discover anything. I think it is believed that such discussion distracts from the mission of the forum. You can however, start a private social group for gamers. Click on "Community". Three groups have recently been started, and one might be for gamers.

I checked. That was for anime fans. The field is open, if you want to start a group of your own.

6. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Well, as I think (may I be so brazen to use the word know) there are many videogames that directly relate to past life eras and experiences, methinks discussion of videogames with respect to this would relate to the mission of the forum very much- at least as much as any book, song, or movie concerning a past era or event would. The plots of many games these days are lauded for their depth and some are based heavily in history- and not meant for children. They're quite serious. So discussion of this was what I intended.

Please do PM me with what you find. I'm not interested in connecting with gamers for the sake of gaming, per se, I'm not looking for teammates or discussion of any ol' games as one might casually discuss music and so while I'll check those groups out I'm really interested in any experiences that might relate to reincarnation and discovery of self and so I'd rather make a proper thread about it.

7. BriarRose

I think you could achieve a serious discussion of those things in a private group. Would that not be possible? I realize your intentions are honorable. A decision to allow that would be far above my "pay grade". I will ask admin for an update, and pass it along to you. It could be a while.

8. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Well, I do have the patience to wait and I was under the impression that those were more casual, hence the 'social' part. But there's definitely no reason why that topic couldn't belong just fine in a videogame group and so I'll do my best to set one up. Thank you for your assistance.

9. BriarRose

For anyone who may be interested, I was told that video game threads are okay in moderation, and as strictly related to past life experience. You can talk about games triggering PL memories, but not a past life as Sonic the Hedgehog or PacMan, for example. As I know Spatz is a reality- based-person, fire at will. ;)

10. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

BriarRose I like how you think. :playing:

11. Axes

Axes New Member

if i may respond to the initial post of this thread -

what i remember most distinctly, is the game i didn't play when i was young.

my parents had gotten me a doll, and all kinds of accessories with which i could play, but much to everybody's dismay, i never touched it. i had no interest whatsoever in playing with dolls and that stuff.

what i did do, was read, even before i could actually read. i would take a book, hold it like grown-ups do (but i'd hold it upside down), and i would proclaim i was reading. my mom told me this story often, later on.

once i could read, that was pretty much all i did. i would also draw a little and listen to music. at one point, i had read all the interesting books from the children's section of the library. a kind and wise librarian had noticed this and she introduced me to a selection of books for grown-ups, until i was old enough to find my way around the literature section by myself. i cannot tell how greatful i was to her.

there was very little actual playing. i don't know what my parents did with my dolls and other toys, but i imagine they are as good as new. i hope my parents gave them to girls who actually liked to play with them.

as to war games... i remember a friend of my mom's visited once while bringing her niece along. i connected with this girl instantly, and we played a war game where would would sneak up on our imaginary enemies. it was one of the most intense moments of my childhood.

i never saw that girl again.

odd huh? imagine that, two girls playing war...

12. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Sounds like you two knew each other in a past life. Maybe the same one and same war?

13. BriarRose

I can identify with that, Axes. Reading, and looking at books before I could, was my primary entertainment. I loved to play "Robin Hood", when I could get anyone to play it with me. There were mostly boys in the neighborhood, but they hadn't read the stories. As a band of merry men, they left a lot to be desired. There was a television show, but the boys preferred machine guns to quarter staffs. Of course, I wanted some historical accuracy. Have you been a soldier in past lives?

14. Axes

Axes New Member

@argonne & @ BriarRose,

i don't know if i was a soldier - but i chose my username for specific a reason.

now that i have been browsing this forum for a few days, and i've been matching some of my experiences to the ones mentioned here by various people, i think i should make an executive decision on how i want to proceed...

what i mean is, that i can't, and don't want to, continue posting here, guessing at past lives.

15. BriarRose

It's true that some of us remember "verified" lives, myself included. But, some people are still searching, and we try to help. Have you made any attempts at regression, or meditation? Sometimes, people start with a guess because our predilections can indicate a place to start. If you need help making a start, post a thread, and help will be forth-coming.