Children who remember FIRE

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Mona, Nov 28, 2000.

1. ANGELSLAW68

ANGELSLAW68 New Member

Things my son use to say

Hello, I'm really not sure why I started searching this topic but am glad that I did. I didn't know there were so many people with similar stories as mine. When my son was about a year and a 1/2 he seen a school bus and started to sob. He kept saying "mama school bus, fire!". Then when he was about 2 we were visiting my brother out of state and I had told my sister-in-law about it. In the morning, she gave my son some toys of my nephews to play with on the floor, one being a toy school bus. He again sobbed and when I asked him what was wrong, he again stated "school bus, fire!".

When he was about 3, I seen a segment on tv regarding kids and there past lives, stating to ask your children questions while they are young and you'll be surprised at the answers. So the next day I sat and talked to my son and ask him "why do you always cry when you play with a toy school bus?" he answered "mama remember? I died on a school bus!" I then replied, "what do you mean you died?" he then said "I died on a schoolbus, oh yeah, you weren't my mommy then, I had a different mommy".

He then told me that he was on the floor of the school bus with the other kids and recalled that his teachers name was dottie. I will always remember that conversation with my son. He is now 9 and doesn't remember anything. I'm glad to see others have had similar experiences with there children, I thought I was crazy for thinking about the possibility of a past life.

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Thanks for Sharing Angels! Welcome to the forum. Good thing you are open to hearing your child speak about his past life!

3. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Hi Angelslaw68 and welcome to the forum! No, you aren't crazy at all, as you can see by this forum and Carol Bowman's books. I think you would find them an interesting read if you'd like to learn more about children's past life memories.

When my daughter was 3 1/2 she began playing a game in which she took her stuffed toys to "the Common" and spoke with a clipped British accent as she said this. I never knew why she played that game, but her behavior led me to purchase Carol's first book.

My daughter is also 9 now and of course doesn't play this game anymore, but I'll always treasure the opening it gave me to learn more about reincarnation.

Aimee

4. worriedmac

worriedmac New Member

my kobbe?

Hello. I am new this site and I need some help. I have a picture that hangs in my home of my grandmothers brother. About 7 months ago I had company. They commented on the picture. Wanted to know who it was my three year old pipes and says thats me when I got burned really bad. I was in awww. I did not encourage his belief I said nothing. I asked my company to join me in the other room where I let them know that the boy in the picture was 5 when he burned alive in a chicken coop playing with matches. I knew nothing about the little boy. But soon started wondering called my father he gave me a memorial of the boy. Where I then learned that the had a similarity the day the boy died was the day my son was born. Of course it was 80 years earlier. I did not know what to think. Then my son repeatedly says that Jonny did it. I learned from another family member that there was another boy but they had no idea if he died. My son is so drawn to fire. And I was told by somebody that my company repeated the story to that I should watch him when he is 5. This seems to be taking over his life. He has horrifying dreams that I feel relate to this child that he thinks he is. I will give details when I get some answers on how to help my child. Please.

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

Have you had a chance to read Carol's books yet? Excerpts from six chapters of her first book is here on the forum if you would like a preview. This may help you. Also, if he is having night terrors there are a few older threads that outline what you should do and how to handle them. I will see if I can find them for you. It's quite a process or I would type it all up again.

The books Children's Past Lives - written by Carol has Chapter one in full.

Make sure you take notes in a jounral. Write his statements down. It will be like putting the pieces to a puzzle together and over the years you will find it helpful. I will be back in a few to post about night terrors/bad dreams.

6. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hello worriedmac,

Welcome to the forum! Many children start having past life memories around your son's age, and younger. I think the important thing is to keep an open mind, and to let him talk about his memories. When he does start talking about it, just casually ask a few questions, like "who was Jonny?", "what did Jonny do?" or "how did you get burned?" Write everything down in a journal, and see if there is anyone in the family who can verify his memories.

If he's having nightmares, just reassure him that that was before. He's safe now in his new life.

I don't think that you need to worry about watching him when he's five. Just because something bad happened to him at that age before, doesn't mean anything will happen to him now.

I would recommend reading Carol's books...they are excellent at describing what your son is going through, and talk about the best approaches to helping him.

Thank you for sharing your son's story, and please keep us posted.

Ailish

7. Deborah

Are you still having trouble posting worriedmac? If so - please let us know. We are trying to figure out the problem.

8. GeosMom

GeosMom New Member

Trouble Posting

Just like me! I have no reply button - but I am able to reply to a post by using the "Quote" button...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have nothing to offer (yet) I am new and trying to learn myself, as my sone (3) is "missing his old family"...

9. Wicker

Wicker Senior Registered

WorriedMac,
    Since the picture of your grandmother's brother, aged 5, hangs in your home have you ever commented on the picture in the presence of your 3-year-old? Has your son ever asked about the picture? Do you recall ever having said anything about the circumstances surrounding the child in the picture when your son was around (even in the next room) to hear? Children are very curious and imaginative and it seems to me that your son might have seen the picture, since it is hanging in your home and have had reason to put together some thoughts about who it was, especially if he overheard you talking about the child in the picture at some time. Perhaps he has just identified with the picture and thought it was him since it is a child of about the same age as he is and made your uncle's story part of his own life story.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I don't think that any possible past life history of your son will become his present life's history. If that were true we would all be caught in an unending cycle of repeating the same life events life after life. Your son has a new life now and I don't think that he will suffer the same consequences as his great great uncle. That is, it is unlikely that he is pre-ordained to die in a fire. I don't know what Karmic purpose this would serve in a 5-year old. Death by fire in a 5-year old probably has more to do with his parent's Karma that anything that the child did either in a past life or a present one.

Perhaps you could do a little research into who Jonny was. Since you were not aware of a "Jonny", if it should turn out that there really was a Jonny who was perhaps a playmate of your uncle, then this information would provide some verifiable facts to support the story since your son could not have overheard you talking about Jonny in connection with your uncle's death. If your grandmother is still alive, perhaps she might provide some insight. - Your friend, Wicker

10. worriedmac

worriedmac New Member

my kobbe???

Well to be perfectly honest I have never discussed the picture on the wall. I guess because they have never asked. There boys and they don't really care about household decorations. And I actually don't recall anyone ever commenting on it. But the company I had is into antiques, so it caught there eye. Otherwise its not been asked of. And I was very sure not to let him hear me tell the company what had happened. Anyone who could give me detailed information is deceased. I am not even sure in what state he died. I just know the date. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

11. Carol

Carol Author

Worriedmac,
    Did you get a chance to read the threads that Deborah told you about? Or, did you get a copy of CHILDREN'S PAST LIVES? I encourage you to read the threads on the Forum and the book. They will give you ideas on how to talk to your son.

It is possible that he is the reincarnation of the boy who died in the fire.

Can you tell us about his nightmares? How frequent are they? What happens when he has them--does he say anything? Does he cry?

Also, tell us about his fixation with fire. Does he play with fire? Does he have a fear of fire?

If you give us more information, we might be able to give you more help.
    Carol

12. worriedmac

worriedmac New Member

My Kobbe?

Sorry I have not gotten back to you Carol. My computer was out of whack.
    Kobbe seems to be drawn to fire. Anything that can burn him he will find. He doesn't seem scared. It's kind of like when he gets burned he remembers the pain from the past. And says I sure member that hurts. He dreams horrible dreams every night. Very restless he screams into the night. But when the dead lady comes he is so frightend. Nothing is comforting. I leave lights one because he said that the dead lady doesn't like them. Because she has holes all over her. They are very reall. Can things like that hurt a child. Are there other people who have experienced a ghost telling them that they don't belong?

13. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi worriedmac,

Can you tell us a little more about the dead lady? When did Kobbe start talking about her? Was it before or after his past life memories started? Is the lady from his dreams, or does he see her when he is awake?

When he says he's afraid and that he doesn't belong, reassure him, and tell him that of course he belongs...tell him he's your son in this life and you love him very much. Let him know he is safe.

Ailish

14. Carol

Carol Author

Worriedmac,
    I really couldn't give you advice without more information. It sounds as if there's more going on than just a past life memory.

Can your son tell you what scares him in his nightmares?

Can you tell us more about the lady with holes in her?

Is your son doing dangerous things with fire?

It's difficult to give you advice without more information. If you want to email me privately, I would take the time to sort this out with you. If Kobbe is in danger of hurting himself with fire, I would seek some kind of professional help immediately. Dangerous behavior may or may not have anything to do with past life memories, and should be taken very seriously.

If we can sort out some of these things on the Forum, that's fine, too. But don't wait if you think your son is in danger of hurting himself or others.
    Carol

15. Chief

Chief New Member

Saw this forum on CH television this morning

The woman speaking was talking about this forum and some of the things to notice when a child speaks of supposed past lives. What she said next floored me. She said the child might say....."Remember when I was big?....remember when I was a man?"...... These are the EXACT words my younger sister used to say to me when we were children.

She was probably around 4 or 5...and it went on for a couple years. She'd be playing by herself and would come to me (I'm almost 4 years older) and say...."Remember when I used to be big? When I used to be a big man?" I don't really remember anything else, or any descriptions she'd give, but those words really shook my memory. According to the woman on the TV this morning, my sister was probably a man in a former life. Now the spooky part... If all this is indeed true, and my younger sister was once a man, I suppose that it's no surprise that she is now, and has been for the past 20 yrs or so (we're now 44 and 48) living in a lesbian relationship? :eek:

16. Libellule

Libellule Iridescent Insect

Hi Chief, and welcome. :)

There are quite a few threads regarding homosexuality on this forum, if you do a search. Perhaps one of them will help answer your questions about your sister.

It is not surprising that your sister was once a man and is now living in a lesbian relationship, but things don't always go that way, either. There are many people on the boards who remember past lives as both sexes, and with different sexual orientations. There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules about it. It seems to be more about what the soul needs and wants (at least, that's the way I see it). I'm sure there are other, different opinions that wil be brought up shortly. That's what's so great about this place! :laugh:

Lib

17. Deborah

Welcome Chief,

I think the woman talking about the forum - was Carol Bowman. This is her forum. ;)

I missed the show so I cannot comment further. BUMMER!