Children's experiences - how to approach it?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by sortoflikeheaven, Sep 27, 2018.

1. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Active Member

Just like to share: I have a relative of mine, a small child, who kept having a recurring nightmare about drowning. I mean, this used to be a big problem. I should perhaps add that her father is an atheist. One evening as I was tucking the child to bed she all of a sudden told me "Please, don't laugh but I think that when you die, for instance if you have drowned and are under water, that you then go through a tube - straight to heaven". Of course I did not laugh and we talked some more. She also said that she thought that it is only the body who is buried but the head is in heaven, but she had not figured out how that was possible yet.

She really opened up and seemed relieved. The child has not had the nightmare since, I can't take credit for it but I think it is important not to dismiss a child when it speaks of it's theories and experiences and certainly not accuse the child of lying or that it is wrong or something like that. I think grown up should at least be neutral because the child has a right to have an opinion of it's own. I've seen children being forced into religions just because their parents are into it and children forced to claim they are atheists just because the parents thinks so.

Same thing in politic. Sometimes I enjoy asking a child "Well, what do YOU think?" and there are times when they look surprised, I think too often they are told in one way or another what to think. I still think it is kind of tricky though - people think you are making up pl experiences and they can take distance from you so I rather just keep it to myself and only tell a few chosen ones I feel are on the same search or path as I am. When I talked to the child about this all I said was that some people believe this will happen when you die, some believe in this and some that - so I explained the reincarnation bit quickly without forcing it upon her.

I think I have pinned down this child in one of my past life's experiences but am not 100% sure but has not told her. I just basically don't want to influence her and I just want her to be her - so to speak - and enjoy this life. The person I have identified her as was a male in that life and worked/lived for a time in Texas, so he had all the Texas classic outfits with boots, jeans, the shirt, the cowboyhat - you name it and his own horse. He also had heartbreak in that life and went for the bottle. I loved him so much in that life and when he died it was something I could not quite get pass even as the years passed me, even if his death was accidental, I just knew he had gotten self-destructive at the late part of his life.

He had several wonderful laughs that were very identical for him during his happy days- and she has these same laughs as well. I just want this child, if it once was him that is, to be whole and strong and free from any pain. One time as we were visiting a cowboy-land directed to children and teenagers she all of a sudden as she walked beside me said in a confidential voice "You know, I've been here before, and I've been on a train just like that one" and pointed to an old train. I just said "Ok" and we strolled along. I asked her "What did you think of being on the train" and she replied "I liked it". Then we said no more of this. She had never been to that cowboy-adventure-land before :) I don't really know how else to communicate to a child without creating some sort of conflict between grownups who for instance don't believe in reincarnation and I don't want the child put in the middle of this, at the same time I don't want to force any believes on a child. I hope I did ok. It would be interesting to know how you guys approach this when it comes to children?

2. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

i think you are handling it perfectly. The key is listening. And especially if it isn’t your child you don’t want to push them down a path. It is ok to tell them about their options. If you don’t know the answer, it’s okay too. Just be honest about that as well

sortoflikeheaven and briski like this.
  3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

This is such a beautiful story. I think you did all the right things. Listening, providing safety and ofcourse: not interferring in her life with information she cannot handle.

briski and sortoflikeheaven like this.