Chinese zodiac and reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by CanSol, Dec 24, 2018.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I'm not saying it has zero truth to it, I consider myself open minded on this subject. It just enters a lot of grey areas. It's the same with any 'new age' tool -- one has to tread carefully, and keep a level head.

2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

landsend, I feel much the same as you about this. An experience I had years ago made me think a little differently. I took an optional course "Religion, Science, and the Occult" where the occult presenters were from outside the university's staff. An astrologer was able to demonstrate his ability to identify my birth month by asking me a couple of questions which amazed me. There seems to be something there, I'm just not sure what it is.

landsend likes this.
  3. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

KenJ -- I've been looking into it all for some years. My brain is naturally sceptical and has to question and re-question everything, even when I have definitive proof (heck, I'm still questioning reincarnation despite all the evidence I have from my own former life). The moment we stop questioning in my opinion is the moment we can be led on by false beliefs. After all, anything that is innately true will not be damaged by our questioning, as long as the questioning remains constructive and not dismissive.

An interesting read on this subject is a book called 'Heaven's Mirror' by Graham Hancock. It's not directly about astrology but explores the intriguing evidence of an ancient civilisation which appeared to have been wiped off the planet, and the ancients relations with the heavenly bodies. Many of the old structures of ancient civilisations across the world were built in relation to the celestial bodies. For me this ancient wisdom with the heavens/celestial bodies seem to reach a core understanding of what astrology is -- perhaps the connection that we have with the unseen, or the Great Spirit or whatever label is appropriate. After all what could be more divine than looking up at a night's sky and seeing the constellations and knowing innately that you are looking up and into the past, whilst knowing all your ancestors (and by extension past selves) once did the very same thing?

4. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ken, I agree too.

CanSol, when I've done online readings and calculations, when I've used my past life's birth date and location, which is in Bejing, I've gotten way more accurate results. I've jokingly thought if I was Chinese, it'd make sense to use a Chinese calculation. I'm not saying it works like that, as amusing at that sounds. Much like Ken, I can't put my finger on it what's going on or why though, even though it seems to be consistent.

5. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

In my past life I was Pisces, ascendant in Virgo, moon in Cancer.

In my present life I am Virgo, ascendant in Scorpio, moon in Taurus.

Chinese zodiac sign of my past life: Goat.

Chinese zodiac sign of my present life: Tiger, ascendant in Serpent. My month and day of birth: Rooster.

My southern node is Pisces, and my northern node is Virgo. According to what I have seen in my past lives, this makes a lot of sense.

Astrology is very broad, and even though I read a lot about it, I still have doubts about it. I used to think that the only thing that mattered was the sun sign, but now I see that this is not the case. I don't think one zodiacal sign is better than another. Many people say that I look like Scorpio, and indeed, it is my ascendant lol.

This thread is interesting.

6. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Active Member

i have south node in libra does that mean anything?

7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Do your research. It is the Vedic astrology that works with these nodes. I think that this process of finding your answers is more important than just getting some end results presented by someone.
    And don't stick to the first explanation you find, you should read over and over again, collection the opinions of as many astrologers as possible. You'll find out that every astrologer will use slightly different interpretations, based on how they perceive the world themselves. That's ok but it means you'll have to read them all and then your own subconscious will make the distillation that is applicable to your own life.

Maybe this works the same with your search for former lives. I refer to your other topic where you wondered why it is so hard for you to detect former lives. Try stepping into the process as a purpose in itself. That's a different approach than searching for what specific (famous) individual you were in the past. Those lives of famous individuals work as templates for you. Your intuition recognizes their patterns. That's a starting point, not the end of a search.

Enjoy the ride ;)

WhiteRose likes this.