Choosing a body

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Thyme, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Does anyone remember anything like this? This is something I saw in one of my auto-hypnosis sessions. It's hard to explain in words everything that happened in that place. I think it was a memory of my soul choosing some body to reincarnate, I don't know. That's why I'm asking if it happened to anyone else.

I was walking quietly and without expecting it, everything became dark. I wanted to open my eyes, but I continued. I walked in the darkness, until I found a door, and when I opened it I met my guide, I think. I'm not sure, but he looked grim, different from an angel. I distrusted him precisely for that reason. He looked like a gothic man with pale skin and black nails. We walked down a long hallway and he explained many interesting things to me (he was really very wise and his tranquility was legendary!) his appearance didn't matter, because I felt very good at his side. Then, we appeared in a park. A little girl appeared. She was a redhead, had freckles and her body was thin. My guide told me that she was also my guide. The two were so opposite that I laughed with joyful sincerity. I was happy. I told them I didn't want to reincarnate because I suffered horrible things and I considered myself a miserable man and my gift would be to be free (at that time I was a man) they looked at each other with concern and everything became blurred until I appeared sitting in front of a screen. The same Gothic man was beside me, smiling. I don't know how to explain it but on the screen there were four pictures where I saw the possibilities. First life offered: I would be a man born in the United States, my parents would have a lot of money and I would be born in the year 2000. Second life offered: I would be a man born in Canada, my parents would be very strict and severe and I would be born in the year 2000. Third life offered: I would be a man born in Italy, my parents would be very similar to those I had in the past life and I would be born in 2001. Fourth life offered (That's the life I chose!): I would be a woman born in Chile, my parents would have money problems but they would give me a lot of love because they knew me from previous lives and I would be born in 1998. Then I'll explain why I made that decision, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had these kinds of memories. Sorry for my English.

2. briski

briski Senior Registered

Thyme and sortoflikeheaven like this.
  3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Be glad that you didn't choose to be a man in the states or Canada as they are not great place like they had once been. I hope that next time I get something that at least allows for greater spirituality and balance without being put into a culture that is toxic to my existence.

Thyme likes this.
  4. Ritter

Ritter Senior Member

I remember something like that vaguely. My current body was chosen for a variety of reasons, most of all for versatility and health. I have no genetic diseases or syndromes whatsoever. My current body is almost a reconstruction of two of my previous ones, where I was a knight. Average scandinavian height and plenty of muscle. But the biggest factor was my parents and my older brother. He is also a fighter whom I have been with before, in the American Civil War. I got all the tools I needed to do what I have to, and I was born roughly in the right place. We were poor for much of my upbringing, but my father's family is old rural nobility. No claims to anything for ages, however. It often seems to be the case. I can trace my line back to a few men who had rune stones raised (where I live) in their memory, a thousand years ago.

Unlike most, my mother also cooked real food, I wasn't spoiled materially or lack discipline, and they stimulated me intellectually, not least of all by keeping at least over a thousand books at home. I had to help out and work outside. Digging, planting, wood chopping, harvesting and building maintenance etc. They taught me a lot. They also love me and show it. And they have a good relationship, and are still married. My father taught me how to shoot when I was five (using support) and how to carve wood when I was three, and we spent a ton of time in nature. Their virtues are many and their faults are rather forgivable. Few can say as much, these days.

In most of my lives, I have been very similar to how I look now, with a couple of notable exceptions. I chose more of a runner's body build last time, and it could have worked out better a few times. Had I been built like am now, I would have been better at hand to hand combat, which contrary to popular belief is greatly aided by physical strength. As is the case with recoil control. Weight and strength helps. It would also have been easier to carry people and equipment. The downside is that I am not much of a long distance runner and I am not impressively tall, just smack on average. In most other countries, I would be on the tall side, but not here. I'm built for tanks or fighting in mountainous terrain, though. It's for a reason. I happen to live and farm by hand in a mountainous valley.

Thyme, SeaAndSky and KenJ like this.
  5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ritter,

Well, in terms of your PL body, it certainly doesn't seem to have held you back any! However, you have piqued my curiosity with your remark about fighting in what is commonly referred to as the American Civil War. My great grandfather fought for the South, losing a leg at Gettysburg. I'd be very curious to know more about this PL of yours. However, once again, I will reiterate an earlier request: please start your own thread or threads on your various past lives. This is partly selfish, as it will be easier for the rest of us to keep up with you and your PLs if they have their own thread or threads rather than being scattered all over the place (you can do some copying and pasting if you don't want to have to re-write everything). I think you will also find it a good way to compile and add to the store of what you know as time goes by.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. Ritter

Ritter Senior Member

Thanks for the interest. And it did, being tall and thin isn't very good when you fight someone heavier who wants to wrestle. I am sort of waiting to see if I get banned or not before I start to write something which will literally take days. I will start writing it elsewhere so I have it saved. Then I will transfer it from my computer to here and keep working on it if I get to stay.

7. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Ritter, it's very interesting what you said. Thanks for sharing!

Um, well, I think when I was choosing my current body, I thought about my parents and my childhood. It was the most important thing. I also didn't want to repeat the same lessons, however, my life is currently a bit difficult. My "guide" explained to me the positive and negative things about reincarnating in each of those lives. I had been a man in the previous one and I said, "Okay, I want to be a woman now, I guess. I'll have money problems in my childhood but I'll learn a lot!" I think many things happened before I was reincarnated, conversations with "guides", book research and many more things, but that I remembered so far. Another thing: I wanted to reincarnate in a Latin American country because my previous lives were in very developed countries. I don't speak English perfectly, but I have an affinity with the United States and the general culture of that time between the 1980s and early 1990s. Among other things. I will continue meditating and if I find something else I will share it!

SeaAndSky and KenJ like this.
  8. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ritter,

I haven't read anything yet that I thought would get you banned. Did you get some kind of warning?

BTW--I've been here for quite a while and only seen one person banned (that I can recall). This is a very "G rated" kid friendly board. Nonetheless, in my experience, things usually have to go pretty far down the rat-hole to get someone banned. The person I recall in that context was a putative reincarnation of Ted Bundy (a serial killer--mostly of young women) who was giving details on various murders. Anyway, there are usually some warnings first. If there is a real problem after that, they will typically zap some posts. Banning is pretty rare.

On the body-build side, I was a fairly tall but very skinny youth and young man. I took up Judo in college (early 70s) and really liked it. Excellent balance and speed helped me to compensate for lack of bulk in most cases--surprisingly. Unfortunately, the Dojo closed about the time I was ready to test for Sankyu and that was that in my area. I had some forays into Shotokan and then Tae Kwon Do, but was moving around too much to get very far in anything. (I'd never heard of Systema or Krav Maga in those days!) After that, work, wife and children (plus living in a fairly isolated locale) kept me from doing much of anything for more than 20 years. Another move (plus another 5 years) and I did Aikido for a while--which I also liked. But, once again, moved from the area. At this point, in my mid-60s, I'm a bit long in the tooth for too much in the martial arts. However, if the opportunity arose in an art that didn't threaten to do me great bodily harm . . . .

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  9. Ritter

Ritter Senior Member

Competitive shooting works when old. That is a great range of martial arts to pursue.