Choosing our body?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Krysnah, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Krysnah

Krysnah Member

Hello, :D. I'm new to this community and I was always so interested in reincarnation and spiritual things. I heard that before you could get reincarnated, you choose your path and then you choose a body. I was just wondering but could you choose a facial feature on it? I always wanted to have dimples. This question is kinda dumb so please bear with me >3< I was just wondering and I hope whoever reads this has a nice day!

2. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Hey Krysnah,

My day wasn't great so far but I appreciate your wishing me, it can only get better :)

Don't take my word for it as I'm just "a guy" and no expert or "owner of the truth" :D but I believe that roughly yes, you get to choose. More like decide, it's not like a gallery that you get to browse from - any term one can use to describe a process that we ain't even sure exists, is doomed to fail, anyway. Not sure if it goes down to so much detail, heh. If you asked me if you get to decide about certain impairments or inabilities, I would most positively say yes.

3. Krysnah

Krysnah Member

Thank you for replying to my question :) and I really hope your day gets better! Remember, smile!

4. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I wouldn't say that everyone has the gift of choice.
    I think people assume something is either a yes or a no, but in reality nothing is that black and white.
    If an individual is governed by pantheon, perhaps the pantheon decides for you, perhaps for some people they purely reincarnate without guidance, or the oldest are able to choose for themselves.

But I don't believe in choosing your own body, that would require being able to look into the future, or having access to reading the genetics of a developing fetus in the womb and deciding those are the qualities you want for yourself. I think those probabilities are highly unlikely, unless you believe the fetus is designed by a higher power upon request, but then you'd ask yourself why the higher powers would design bodies riddled with ailments and disease.

Gods, for me, are just the oldest beings, I don't believe anyone has that level of control over reincarnation, some of the oldest, most inspiring souls are sometimes stuck in the most inept bodies, probably purely because human genetics are weak, and it's all a game of chance.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  5. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

What if time is not linear in the life between lives and not how we experience it while in the flesh in a 3D-world? I won't go any further, because I don't know it this is still within the forum rules.
    Anyway, in that case it would be possible to choose looks. If looks mean anything on soul level, that is.

6. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I don't believe looks penetrate at soul level, I see the soul as more the acid of a battery, or a glass of water, not as a fluid necessarily, but as a collection of components, memories, experiences, with no form until it settles into the shape of the physical. I still see bodies as vessels, the human body is no greater than the body of a horse, or a tree, save the things it's capable of doing that those things cannot.
    I think capability to a soul is more important than appearance. Energy is torn, churned and regurgitated to make new things, and souls who reincarnate seem to manage to avoid that.

I don't believe time is linear at all, I have huge gaps in my timeline where I assume was occupying no physical form because I can't even comprehend those gaps and have no tangible memory of them. As a mostly-intelligent being now, I'm aware that I didn't see, touch, taste, walk, talk.... just exist somewhere, everywhere, nowhere.
    I wonder what good looks would do for a soul without senses, I guess.

Unless you believe in Heaven, for example. I suppose I'm not one of those people, as much as I'd like to be.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  7. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

To experience and learn so you mature and evolve, which is just the purpose of that cycle. Why go through the process of being born in flesh if you could gain the experience some other way. I'm not arguing with you, I agree to most of the things you said :) just stating a possible reason. As for time, agreed, advanced physics nowadays theorize that its arrow is flexible, even within the boundaries of the material universe around us.

Cassie and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  8. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

In that case, the soul might "choose" looks, because to be judged by "good" or "bad" looks or to judge others by looks is a human experience that happens often. In the process, you might learn not to judge a book by its cover.

Kalos likes this.