Christianity and Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Nightrain, Jun 29, 2010.

1. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

Interesting. here on italy the reincarnation is ever an argument that can't be taken with open way, is seen like an heresy, or at least with very skeptical or derision approach. so who believe in it can't talk of it. okay can't talk with priest, but can't talk also with friends without have a skeptical or a trolling reaction.
    the other way to eternal damnation \ salvation of most consolidated believes of italian religious world is... oblivion. tons of folks, specially youngs are atheistic or agnostics. :(
    i really prefear that someone belief into something, also into the big flying spaghetti, that not belief into nothing, only perception of sciense, senses and physical mind. but is like tell that all the existence we know is from visible light. pity that visible light is only a fraction of the entire electromagnetic spectre.

2. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

My personal take on 'eternal punishment'? God is perfect. We cannot therefore have more compassion than God. So when I favour the idea of all people being given a second chance in the afterlife (as well as in this one!), God cannot want less than that. Perhaps a life-review and facing our own conscience in the light of honest truth will make it clear what we wish to choose, when the time comes. And maybe if anyone chooses against loving forgiveness, then oblivion follows? I don't know. All we can do here is guess.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Tanker,

I agree completely. I think I observed somewhere above that when asked by Peter whether he should forgive his brother 7 times, Christ replied Seventy times Seven! Scholars agree that this exact figure was not meant as a limitation to 490 times, but as an expansion towards the perfect and infinite over Peter's limited ideas. Is our compassion for each other greater than God's compassion for us? I think not.

Cordially,
    S&S

The Traveler and tanker like this.
  4. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

you right. the unique loser of be an hater is the hater himself.
    despite that some have NDE, some experiment only the Void. two cases of NDE seems to face the Hell and only one the Purgatory. mostly see the heaven, but only 30% of persons that risk to die see something... that's is the most strange think of all.
    i know the answer of Jesus about Peter.
    well... God is perfect, you right.
    So God is the sum of all virtues, without any defect. So God is honest, he is pure, he is merciful, he is cheerful, etc. On the contrary, I suppose that the devil is the sum of all possible and imaginable defects that can be in someone. It amazes me how there can really be people in this world who profess Satanism as a kind of faith, how can they have faith in such a concentration of trouble? D:

5. Oscar FRYE

Oscar FRYE Active Member

Hi,
    Much appreciated your explanations Nighttrain.
    Do you know that the last Cathar, Guillaume Belibaste, burned by the Roman Catholic Church in 1321, actually prophesized just before dying: "in 700 years good people will come again to this place".
    Well, on the 21st of august 2021, it has been exactly 700 ago.
    Perhaps, this one event will not draw enormous attention, but perhaps put together with other significant events, it will over time.
    I think the world as we know it now, is maturing for a change, we must evolve spiritually. Things can't go on like this.
    Blessings to you all.

Jim78 and SeaAndSky like this.
  6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Oscar FRYE likes this.
  7. Oscar FRYE

Oscar FRYE Active Member

Hi SeaAndSky,
    Thanks for the info.
    I did check it out already a bit, but need more time, very interesting comments.