Christmas trees - the past life I remembered as a child

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by PLE123, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Oh, and Russians don't do much for Christmas. They celebrate New Years Eve. Might have started in the 30s as well. I'm not sure about that one. Perhaps, a native Russian can help?

2. PLE123

PLE123 New Member

Blueheart, that is so interesting! Thank you for that information! I'm only vaguely familiar with Russian history, but that is going to change :) Thank you!

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I know the Russian Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas on January 5 or 6th, like the Greeks. The communists transfered the Christmas celebrations to New Year's Eve with "Father Frost" bringing presents.

4. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Very detailed childhood memories and very fascinating! I am glad you are taking the first steps in figuring out these questions that have plagued you your whole life. We are here to listen and help you if you need it. I would trust your inner feeling or "gut" about details you are questioning from your life back then.

My significant other is Russian and it was always tradition for them to celebrate on New Year's Eve and New Year's with a tree in the same way we celebrate Christmas even though they are Jewish (it was more a cultural thing based on where they lived not a religious thing). They kept up the tradition even when moving to America. It would be interesting for me to ask the grandparents if that is something they followed also.

5. PLE123

PLE123 New Member

6. argonne1918

There were a number of American companies, including Ford, who did business with the Soviets in the pre-Cold War days. President Franklin Roosevelt resumed diplomatic ties with the Soviet Union and re-opened the American Embassy in 1933 or 34. There is a joke about Ford cars: "Fix Or Repair Daily". Having owned Ford cars I think there is some truth to that. It's probably because Henry Ford wanted his cars to be affordable for the most people. The Model T introduced in 1915 was the first car lower income people could afford.

7. PLE123

PLE123 New Member

Thank you, argonne1918! That fits with the 'middle class' life I remember.

I've looked up more information on the car and it seems that there were about 5000 sold and they were distributed in all of Europe. So that doesn't narrow it down, unfortunately... (Well, it does narrow it down to the continent quite definitively, but not to a country.)

8. argonne1918

I doubt if many Ford's were sold in Germany in the 30s. Britain and France had their own auto companies. The Soviets may have been the biggest customer. Ford may have even built a factory there. I think Henry Ford even visited Russia.

9. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

This article about Poland's automotive industry might interest you. Apparently, Ford and GM cars for the European market were made in Poland. Poland also sounds like a fairly good guess as to where this memory was--several different cultures, languages, holiday customs, and so on.

culture.polishsite.us/articles/art463fr.htm

10. argonne1918

11. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

This is the only thread that I found about trees, so I'll put my craziness here at least temporarily.

A few years ago I had to cut-down five of the many trees on my property that I truly love and enjoy. Two of them were Ash trees that ha become diseased and three grand evergreens that were supposed to be slow-growing, but too soon overgrew their area. I felt like a murderer as I watched them being cut-up, chipped and had their stumps removed.

A few weeks ago I noticed a Maple tree that was having a hard time and in need of water and perhaps some fertilizer, and had some fertilizer shipped to me - including a tool to dig holes for the fertilizer "spikes". Nothing was done because my wife has her hands full taking care of me and babysitting her two grandchildren.

Given that as background, I have a question. A couple of days ago I had an image of a tree appear as if just seeing it in my right eye and then disappearing, and just yesterday I sensed that a tree had died.
    Does anyone think that I could now be sensitive enough to feel that actually happening?

Speedwell, Jaimie and SeaAndSky like this.
  12. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

Jaimie likes this.
  13. KenJ

No-one is answering my question!

14. Crescent1

Crescent1 Active Member

Truly, aren't you the only one who can answer your question? Do you think you're "in tune" with the plants with which you've formed a connection? I have no reason to think that's impossible, and Eva1942 posted some good info about plant consciousness. By the same token, you were already feeling guilty and sad about the loss of the other trees, to the extent you noticed the struggling maple and took steps to give it some extra TLC. So, it's also plausible that the "vision" and "knowing" you experienced were an expression of your feelings about the fate of the other trees. Ultimately this is all highly subjective. So, what do you think?

15. KenJ

It felt too real to dismiss yet beyond what I've ever experienced before. I haven't even had those feelings from the animals that I've loved. It just seemed too far out there to me.

I had no doubt about the trees having spirit, only the communication - totally beyond anything I'd ever experienced before.

16. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ken,

It seems like our subconscious mind allows some extra-sensory perceptions through and other stuff is screened out. However, you consider yourself to be close to transition. Historically and traditionally, people are alleged to become more sensitive to all kinds of things as transition nears--usually deceased relatives, religious figures, glimpses of heaven, etc. I admit that your experience doesn't easily fit into that schemata, but that may only mean that you are becoming more sensitive to other things.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--BTW--was your vision and sensing correct? Did a tree die?

17. KenJ

I can't tell since all of my trees are shedding their leaves now. It just seemed strange to see what looked to be a hand-drawn tree so clearly as I turned my head back to my monitor.