Clothing

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi all.

All through my life I always felt the most empowered, confident and stylish wearing long coats.

From leather frock coats in my youth when I could realistically wear them that were reminiscent of such uniforms:

Wolfe+Tone+French+Uniform.jpg

To more modern apparel that I've worn as I've gotten older and at times in my youth reminiscent of this:
    DDaXJXKXcAADluq.jpg

What surprised me most on remembering reincarnation was that everything about me, including my style of dress, pointed to who I had been and I'd never realised it! One never sees what is right in front of you.

I was wondering if other members could relate? What, if any, style of dress seems like a holdover from a previous life or a similar to a past life current life expression of the soul?

2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Uniforms, very specific to countries, branches even units
    It depends on the 'mood' that I'm in (on other words which life is on the surface) as to which specific uniform I long for
    Other than that, short sleeve t-shirts, I absolutely have to wear a t-shirt, as a kid my parents tried to get me to wear tank tops, instant fight
    No t-shirt under a dress shirt? Absolutely not, might wear a Vneck to make it less obvious if open collar was the dress regs for the day but I always have a t-shirt on
    Where this comes from? I don't know

Jim78 likes this.
  3. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I've always been drawn to vintage dresses from the 1930s-1940s, but also something of a tomboy look as well. I've seen photos and, while she could look glamorous and beautiful in dresses, my past self also dressed in tomboy styles [fit for the time]. So, t-shirt and shorts. Practical clothing that she could move around in, as she was quite adventurous and athletic in her youth [as was I - I used to love roaming the streets I grew up on, on all sorts of 'adventures']. I merely find the tomboy look more comfortable than wearing a dress all day. Although, I do keep thinking of stocking my wardrobe with a few tea dresses...

Jim78 likes this.
  4. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Growing up I was a tomboy and didn't start caring about fashion until later in life. Lately I've been feeling as though my current style isn't unique enough and have been wanting to try something bolder starting with my makeup. It doesnt help though that I'm short and overweight so most clothes dont fit me right. Luckily I'm losing some weight.

Jim78 likes this.
  5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Similar to one of the uniforms I wore in ww2.

Attached Files:

Jim78 likes this.
  6. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I don't get to express but I prefer clothing that is layered to where the figure isn't immediate and private unlike how people dress these days. Something with hopes of trying out someday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim78 likes this.
  7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

This thread makes me want to go and search an reenactment group... preferably one where you can choose from different eras and cross-dress if you wish.
    Like with CalSol, it depends on my "mood", just that it doesn't necessarily have to be a uniform in my case.
    In everyday life, most of the time I choose clothing only for practical reasons: what ever is comfortable and keeps me warm in winter, cool in summer.

Jim78 likes this.
  8. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

For the most part, I tend to lean towards medieval European clothing: tunics, cloaks, etc. of which I own several. I also own some imitation traditional Japanese clothing, though could do with a better quality set. I do sometimes desire some of the fancier uniforms like you brought up, Jim, but I have to be in a certain mood. I miss the softer-soled boots from previous eras as well.

Most odd to me is not wearing armour. I actually become more comfortable when laden with bags and satchels because having the weight on my torso is familiar and protective.

There and back again, I share your sentiment about layers/loose clothing (being a somewhat modest person in regards to fashion), though I will have to appreciate your somewhat geeky execution of it from afar.

Jim78 likes this.
  9. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I’ve always been a T-shirt and jeans person. Very much dress like a 1950s teenager half the time, maybe I should grow up ?

Apart from that I’ve always unconsciously chosen jackets / coats that are military in style. When I was a teenager in this life I wore the life out of a pair of canvas sneakers that were camouflage patterned with oriental tigers embroidered on the sides. Have an affinity with tigers. Lots of the patches during Vietnam war had tigers on them.

Jim78 and tanker like this.
  10. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

And don't forget the SF tiger stripe and woodland uniforms in Nam, later they became standard issue but before 1970 they were purely SF

Jim78 likes this.
  11. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Yup -- had no idea why those shoes were so special to me. One day was walking home in the dark and trod in the biggest pile of dog muck I've ever seen, all over my beloved shoes. 'Muck for Luck' as they say. :D

They were like this, but not hi-tops:
    rocket-jungle-canvas-camouflage-rhinestone-basketball-p538-55145_image.jpg

tanker and Jim78 like this.
  12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks everyone.

I always wear boots too, I rarely wear runners. I just feel more comfortable in boots.

I was also wondering about the interesting deviations between lives.

This was a rebel uniform of 1916:

Staff-Capt-Michael_Collins_1916.jpg

This was my type of 'rebel uniform' as a young man in my current life:

jimmorrisonleatherpants.jpg

On the surface neither two looks have much in common beyond the fact that both are images of youthful rebellion from different eras.

I found it very strange yet very right that the reincarnation of an Irish rebel would be a bandana wearing long hair in a more modern incarnation. It also seemed right that they would also be Borus' incarnation. It was just overwhelming that it was me.

Of course, being forty now, I can't justify a rebel look unless I ever put on a uniform again. ;)

landsend and tanker like this.
  13. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

I've always worn boots as well, even got away with wearing WWII style jump boots on duty after I received my jump wings in this life (third time that I've been a Paratrooper)
    Now I wear sneakers because boots and a wheelchair don't mix for full time

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea CanSol. In work everyone tells me to wear runners but I feel much better in boots. Nowadays I just wear jeans and a shirt though. The older I get the less conscientious I get about my appearance. I'm not on the pull anymore though so that might have something to do with it too.

15. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Rebels of 1916 look pretty classy. I like the look. I never rebelled, though.

16. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I like to stay smart in this life, but I'm pretty conventional. Shirt, sweater, dark jeans at home. Suit sometimes. I wear a pair of boots that look like the old tankers' short boots from ww2, and boy are they comfortable. Steel tips on the heels, too. I hear the sound of marching when I wear them. Still enjoy shining my shoes. I do have some high white Converse boots for summer as well.

17. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Shining boots and brass have a calming effect on me, I know a few that absolutely hate doing it so during basic and on base it was common to trade skills, I shined brass while someone else folded the laundry (to this day folding 12x12 inch is difficult for me without a cardboard mall) I sewed people's ranks and patches on uniforms as well for traded duties or services (there were a few that could shine boots till blinding and while mine always mirror a bit I had no problem sewing their DEU rank and patches to the mm accurate while they shined my boots)

18. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Ah, CanSol, I could do with a trading partner. I'll shine their boots, someone else can cook for me ...

19. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Can't cook either :rolleyes:

20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi tanker.

In spite of all I've learned about conflict I still can't help but feel pride in wearing that uniform. Here's a colour picture of a rebel uniform:

irish-volunteers-uniform-1916-enlisted-man-3.jpg

Although after 1916 I realised that civilian clothes were more effective for success. Although I like the Volunteers uniform, its simple and functional.