• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Clothing

Again Jim you seem to make interesting threads that pull out interesting feelings.

Definitely our bodies are the ultimate clothing we all wear. And all you tall women out there — I’m impressed. I’m usually amongst the smallest in any gathering — 5 ft 3. I stopped growing when I was 12 or 13. My previous self was edging on 6 ft. It’s a difference I feel keenly all the time.

Despite that I’m a fast little blighter and keep going for miles and miles (or digging or whatever). Try to comfort myself in the fact that I take after my Grandad who is blonde and small, and who tells frequently of how when he was in the Army he was up front marching heavy loads doing very well thank you whilst bigger chaps lagged behind struggling to cope. My dad was a landscaper and not much taller, he also has that endurance.

So I suppose it’s a matter of perspective. I still don’t buy into the fact I chose any of this, though. Think it wasn’t half my choice but compulsion.

I'm average height and average build landsend.

I don't know if I choose this life or not. Compulsion makes sense though considering souls regularly leave 'heaven' to come to this hard world.

Saw and had plenty of shorties, both men and women, in the Army, some barely 5'1 and all you sometimes saw on a ruck march were their legs and feet "the ruck is moving" "help that pack grew legs" were common in house jokes

Audie Murphy was famously short, in his Army days. His thin frame and baby face didn't help matters, either. Then, he was technically underage.

Audie Murphy still looked baby faced a decade after the war:

hellback1955-640x384.jpg

Hollywood usually teaches us the hero is a square jawed Adonis. Murphy didn't fit the Hollywood profile of a hero. I've found the real life heroes I've encountered rarely do.

The media is saturated with clichés about what it means to be a hero when the truth is they can be short, baby faced and unassuming. I've much respect for Murphy.

I don't think he really lost the 'baby face' until about 1960, or so.

I do despise Hollywood for changing the image of a hero. Although, even in Murphy's days within the film industry, the buffer a guy was, the bigger the hero he was. It's just got bigger and bigger, to the point of ridicule, from then. John Wayne was a broad-shouldered hulking figure for his time, while Murphy was always quite small. Still, Murphy had a presence on the screen. He knew that size didn't matter. You could be a big guy, but as weak as water. There's a story, I don't know the validity, of Murphy diffusing an argument without once raising his voice or his fist.

Quite the man. Quite the inspiration.

Hi Yvette.

Since remembering reincarnation I do wonder if there's a karmic reason for the way we all appear. Murphys appearance helped him defy conventional media notions of how a hero should appear. Is it possible such defiance was written in the stars?

My own appearance also helped me throw convention out of the window. I don't know if you've read many of my posts about my own journey but in my current life I've had the notion of a hero deconstructed for me to the point where its caused me trauma. I've let myself go physically because of the strain but right up until I remembered reincarnation I'd have women coming up to me saying I looked like a film star. My own ex girlfriend said the first thing she noticed about me was that I had the face of Superman. That's not me blowing my own trumpet. I'm just telling you females impressions of me I've gotten over the years because its thrown up an interesting mystery for me since remembering reincarnation.

How come I look more conventionally Hollywood heroic in my current life than I did in my past lives during the life where I've had heroism deconstructed? What's the karmic reason for it? Is it coincidence or is something else going on.

I believe that we manifest our own realities and it seems to me that my very existence in my current life is about tearing down every notion of heroism I've ever entertained...from looks to action to outlook.

My physical appearance as it was a few years back has challenged my ego and my preconceptions.

Could it be that the flesh clothing we aquire in each life exists to challenge us? Whether it be the unconventional look of Murphy or the more conventional look of myself?

Are you 6 2 in your current life because destiny wants you to learn something about it?

Who knows why we look the way we do?
During this life, I cared less and less about looks.
But when you are tall in one life, obese in another and petite in a third, this will teach you a few things indeed.
Eventually you will realize how beauty idols and other such standards are nonsense. You will learn not to judge a book by its cover.
Or is it only me? The lives I remember are so different, it is like the same old story over and over again, but from different points of view and in different settings...

Eventually you will realize how beauty idols and other such standards are nonsense. You will learn not to judge a book by its cover.
Exactly

Once heard a blind Dutch comedian tell about his experience on a tv set, he was supposed to be interviewed by what he thought must've looked like a beautiful woman because all the men (minus the gay and in this case literally blind guys) were following her orders like loyal puppies and "probably drooling"
He went up to her and this is what he said: "appearently you look beautiful on the outside because everyone follows your commands like a drooling puppy, but you know what? To me you're ugly, I don't judge people based on how they look because I can't see what people look like, I judge on character and to me you're ugly
Needless to say, the interview never happened

Moral of the story, you could look the most beautiful person on earth yet be rotten through and through, I donct judge on looks either but on character
Tall, short, thin, thick, missing a limb or 2....I don't care
I too sometimes fall in the trap of wanting to look like poster boys, never gonna happen unless the poster boys change and it takes a reminder from a blind one to put things in perspective

Hi SeekerOfKnowledge.

I don't care about how I look. Nowadays I even find it a struggle to groom myself.

All I know is that the way I looked played a small role in highlighting a massive ego that I wasn't even aware that I had.

The sociopath I went up against I constantly made a fool of ( narcissistic injury ). I couldn't believe such an unimpressive little man would threaten me. I was insulted. I was younger, braver and fitter than him. I thought he was delusional going up against me ( even though he was worth 250 million and had powerful connections up the kazoo ). I was incensed by his ego. That was only a small aspect of my attitude to him but I can't deny that it was present.

After I had heroism torn down for me and 'evil' unmasked a light was shone on my own ego. I realised who I had been comparing that sociopath to to make those judgements of him...me. I realised I thought I was more talented, more intelligent and better looking than him. I hadn't realised that my attitude was "how dare he threaten ME!"

Up until that realisation I had seen myself as a humble man who didn't ruthlessly seek material gain like the "evil" sociopath. I was just fighting for love. The purest of reasons.

It is true that my primary motivation was to protect my old love but after my awakening I realised that I was insulted by his ego because in my mind he hadn't justified it...whereas I had. I was on the side of 'good' after all.

That was wrong thinking. I'm ashamed of my ego nowadays. I think I was an ignorant fool. I doubt I would have been incensed if my old love hadn't found me heroic, intelligent and attractive and found the sociopath to be a terrifying scumbag though.

Hi CanSol.

That's a good story. I've known some ugly beautiful women in my time too although I do wonder why some women are endowed with great beauty. Maybe that lady interviewer was made beautiful to highlight her ugliness for her?

I realised I thought I was more talented, more intelligent and better looking than him. I hadn't realised that my attitude was "how dare he threaten ME!"
That sounds creepily familiar... I had a similar attitude once... twice... maybe more often. That much I remember.

Its negative thinking SeekerOfKnowledge. It just doesn't feel negative when one is fighting evil.

I asked to be confronted with myself and I got it.

Who knows why we look the way we do?
During this life, I cared less and less about looks.
But when you are tall in one life, obese in another and petite in a third, this will teach you a few things indeed.
Or is it only me? The lives I remember are so different, it is like the same old story over and over again, but from different points of view and in different settings...

Yes, I think I'm getting a sense of what you mean, and if I understand, then I'm in agreement.

I think there's a more broad point which can be made in relation to thoughts such as these.

My own current life is very, very different to my recent predecessor, so much so that at first glance it might seem absurd to draw a direct link of continuity between the two. But from my perspective it is very real, that inner self, the inner being flows continuous through these lives.

This is something which bothers me about some reincarnation research. I've seen some 'experts' (not first-hand experiencers) placing so much emphasis on similar appearance, similar patterns of activity as well, that it is easy to come to the conclusion that that is all there is, a kind of endless repetition ('Groundhog Day' style). In my opinion that is much too simplistic.

For one thing, it seems to place the human characteristics at the centre, and make the spiritual component comply with it. But I'd put it the other way around, the spirit or soul or whatever is the favourite word, the part which does not die, takes precedence, and the human life may be expressed in different ways, according to the needs of that soul on its long journey.

There will of course be echoes and reverberations which can serve to act as a kind of gradual accumulation of wisdom, so that rather than behaving or responding in a particular way out of a sense of conformity with the things we learn in the current life only, we can draw on all our experiences for guidance.

I dunno Speedwell. I see differences like being Protestant in my 18th century life and being Catholic in my later lives, they produced differences in me...yet my egos been consistent in all of my lives. I believe ego is something that doesn't exist in the life between lives but whatever my soul is when it is there when it is on Earth the same ego manifests. That's just been my experience though. I don't know any details of your past lives so I don't know if you've found consistency in manifest expression throughout your various incarnations. Have you? Have you found opposites too?

I've been Native American, Catholic, Protestant, back to Native American currently so that changes as do the countries that I was born/lived in, whether I'm left or right handed also changes but predominantly been a lefty

What's still the same is that I am still a Soldier and in overall appearance there are similarities in the way I look and behave, the closest I look currently in relation to a PL is of my WWII Airborne life

I'm still a soldier too CanSol...not in a real sense in my current life though. Just imagine what a soldier could do when dealing with high functioning narcissistic sociopaths. From my perspective they all brought a knife to a gunfight like clowns. I also answered to my chief. I didn't have to but I was about protecting democracy, not undermining it. My psychology is still that same as in my past lives.

I dunno Speedwell. I see differences like being Protestant in my 18th century life and being Catholic in my later lives, they produced differences in me...yet my egos been consistent in all of my lives. I believe ego is something that doesn't exist in the life between lives but whatever my soul is when it is there when it is on Earth the same ego manifests. That's just been my experience though. I don't know any details of your past lives so I don't know if you've found consistency in manifest expression throughout your various incarnations. Have you? Have you found opposites too?
I think you're right about the ego, that's something which was pretty much the same.

I should apologise, I make things very difficult for others here on this forum because I'm trying so hard to not reveal details of my past life. There's nothing sinister or dark about that, just that I'm not sure I could handle being open about it.

I did write a few days ago,
And here is where the veil began to lift. The encounters I had with various people, fellow students and their friends, seemed to trigger something in me. I started to flourish - in one sense at least. My studies fell by the wayside. I was a hopeless student. But it was as though I'd undergone not exactly a personality transplant, but more of a joining of a whole, fully-developed personality, and merging it with the shadow person who'd looked after the physical body up to that time. From that point on, I felt whole for the first time.
... and this was very much about ego. Up until that time I'd been fairly quiet, polite, modest, understated. Suddenly I became brash, arrogant, and quite capable of expressing vicious hostility towards others - as well as warmth too.

Much of this life has been about attempting to reconcile the quiet, understated me with the arrogant, antagonistic me.

Have I found opposites - very much so. This is the strange part, it seems to me that when I look at experiences which are opposite, that neither is entirely real. The experience is certainly real. But neither represents who I really am, they are just roles. Roles in which of course one impacts on the lives of other people, again that is something very real, because it affects the experiences of other people. But I tend to see it as a bit like a stage play, where at the end the entire cast assembles on stage together to take a collective bow, and they are then all united, rather than in opposition.

I'm not sure how to address the details of my past life. I'll give it some thought, and maybe post something which at least outlines my past life. I'm cautious though about accidentally outing myself.

My life has pretty much been a lesson on the importance of being humble.

Always had a baby face too. Had to fend off teenagers advances when I was married and had kids. Had to prove I was over sixteen at a cinema. Etc. My past selfs face was also babyish. So don’t feel too bad about it. When I’m forty I might look like an adult?

Some great reflections in this thread.

That's alright Speedwell. I assume you have an FPL since you don't want people to figure out who it is.

Personally I don't really care who knows who I was in a past life. That leaves me free to be more open about it. I am apprehensive about talking about one of my lives though but that's because I find it embarrassing.

I've never been quiet or understated myself. I can't really reconcile who I am with who I want to be. I feel trapped by my very nature.

I can relate to what you say about roles. I may be a barrister or a General or whatever but I'm still just me.

I look forward to hearing more about your past lives.

Hi landsend.

I've learnt valuable lessons about humility in my current life too.

I've never had a baby face though. I've looked like a full grown man since I was fifteen. Everyone says I am a mans man. I guess that makes sense considering I was what would be called an alpha male in all of my lives.

I'm forty now and I look like an overweight, balding oul fella. My looks have faded since remembering reincarnation and being traumatised. I don't give a crap though. I don't need to be smart looking anymore. I'm done dealing with power players and women.

That's alright Speedwell. I assume you have an FPL since you don't want people to figure out who it is.
When people don't want to talk, which might be considered cowardice, when people are suffering from a certain past life paranoia, this doesn't necessarily mean that they were famous.
Any victim of the Holocaust and also any former "lesser" Nazi would feel the same. As any victim of the Inquisition or Reconquista or what ever. People from Ancient times or the later Middle Ages whose opinions were opposed to what those in charge proclaimed would feel like that. That uneasy feel, that when you talk too much, then horrible thing will happen, not necessarily to myself, I know it all too well.

Yeah I can understand that SeekerOfKnowledge. I have had a perpetual dark night of the soul since remembering reincarnation.

But I have always been brutally, ruthlessly honest with myself. I confront my past lives. Even the life I am embarrassed to talk about I've confronted. In my mind that life contradicts the view people down the ages have had of my soul being heroic. Because of my earliest remembered life I feel that fighting the crown and the authorities in my later lives makes me a hypocrite.

Thanks for your understanding, Jim.

Maybe it's my age which makes me cautious. Had the internet been around when I first started uncovering my past-life recall, in my late teens/early twenties, I'd have just gone ahead and told the world - and the chances are that no-one would have noticed. But as I get older, I tend to think, well I've come this far without going public, so I'd need a good reason to change my stance. I'm not sure I have one.

To set the record straight? Probably no-one would listen. To add substance and detail to my posts here on this forum? That's a fair reason, but I'm not sure it's enough. To look like just one more attention-seeker? (no disrespect to anyone here, I'm thinking more in terms of the outside world). That might undermine the credibility of anything I say.

I think my goal really is to add what I can to support the awareness of the reality of reincarnation, to promote understanding. It seems to me I can play that role better as an anonymous nobody - which is who I am in the real world outside this forum, anyway.

But- I'm still thinking of giving some sort of overview of my past lives, a background, something a bit more than I've offered so far.

Thats cool Speedwell.

I first found out about reincarnation at 36. Unfortunately the choice of whether or not to tell people in my real life was robbed from me. I was in shock and drugged and interrogated, violated, mind raped by authorities. Its just another spice to my trauma. Since then I've often wondered why people torture others for information, all they need is an injection of drugs.

Adding substance and detail might be a help to you personally. Me, I'm not on this forum to add weight to reincarnation. I'm on this forum because every other avenue, from psychology to support groups, is closed to me. People simply don't believe in reincarnation. Obviously if I can help someone I will but I'm here to help myself first. If I don't do that the rest fall like dominos.

Do you not find it restrictive for your own personal journey to not give an overview or background? There's much enlightenment on this forum that I wouldn't have got from members if I hadn't of been direct about my past lives.

Thats cool Speedwell.

I first found out about reincarnation at 36. Unfortunately the choice of whether or not to tell people in my real life was robbed from me. I was in shock and drugged and interrogated, violated, mind raped by authorities. Its just another spice to my trauma. Since then I've often wondered why people torture others for information, all they need is an injection of drugs.

Adding substance and detail might be a help to you personally. Me, I'm not on this forum to add weight to reincarnation. I'm on this forum because every other avenue, from psychology to support groups, is closed to me. People simply don't believe in reincarnation. Obviously if I can help someone I will but I'm here to help myself first. If I don't do that the rest fall like dominos.

Do you not find it restrictive for your own personal journey to not give an overview or background? There's much enlightenment on this forum that I wouldn't have got from members if I hadn't of been direct about my past lives.

I’m here for my sanity half the time, too, Jim. The other day I had the thought that this forum sometimes reminds me of the cover of that Beetles album ‘Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club’ with all those mismatched folks from history grouped together in their mutual troubles.

Posting about my past life has been therapeutic. If I help others in the process then it’s bonus. Lots of wisdom and good folk here, too. Putting my past life out there feels a kind of relief. I had to hide my life away so getting it out there feels like I’m getting past a barrier which still tells me to hide.

SgtPepper-1.jpg

He he. Very apt landsend. Unfortunately the influx of film stars and such on this forum at times makes me very cynical.

There are good people here for sure. Nobody is forced to offer me any feedback but I get it anyway. Unfortunately I keep getting threatened with being put on probation for inciting discord when all I'm doing is being direct.

I take that as a validation from the mods though. Its not the first time I was accused of inciting discord:

;)

Thanks for the feedback and comments.

Just briefly, the time when I desperately needed help was about 40 years ago. Nowadays it isn't something which I find troubling, except inasmuch as mainstream society, media and science regards it for the most part as a delusion.

Jim, maybe it is time to "detach" yourself from yourself. I know this is easier said than done. But now you are Jim, and quite a few people here like Jim. Collins is past and gone, as is past and gone what you did when you were in your twenties in your current life as Jim. I know, I know... the past is still there, and some things will never let us go. True. Same for me.
You often redirect a topic to Collins. Totally understandable, as this is bothering you a lot. This might be misunderstood, though. As "Hey, I was MICHAEL COLLINS", even though it is the opposite. I know that you are not seeking attention and some others know, too. Might come across as such, though. Those who don't know you a bit better might get a wrong impression.

Back