Coincidences

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I know right and wrong are viewed differently in spirit Ken. If they weren't I would have already been punished for my actions in my various past lives. I wasn't punished though, I was incarnated to learn more lessons. There is still a higher morality though in my experience.

What creativity do I have? I just created mayhem.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

If that's true Alex then how come, in my experience, a spirit can be surprised by my actions? If I gave up my free will before I was born then why might I be punished for exercising it recently? I thought there was no free will but I made a choice in my current life, a foolish choice, and there have been consequences for it already. If this is all predetermined then why am I responsible for my actions?

3. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

But if coincidences are not mere coincidences, if the future is set and it can be predicted, what if even our 'mistakes' as you call them (if they are even wrong at all... many apparent failures of mine were later revealed to me as part of the masterplan), what if even surprising actions are prewritten?
    I am not generalizing here, I'm just trying to confront my situation with that of others. Might be that while I have no real perception of free will, it may still be possible to change one's destiny. But in my experience, no matter what choice I made, it simply stuck to the plan.

4. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Plus, it's not like I haven't suffered the consequences of my actions or I may not feel guilty for them just because they were inevitable, from destiny's point. That's a moral side of the question that I'd rather keep separated from the rest.
    Also, fatalism doesn't allow me not to take action, when I think it's needed, or allow me to take it when I think it's not needed. Paradoxically, by believing I could change my future, I ended up fulfilling a plan that I had already agreed, previously.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I look at it as God being aware of all outcomes and His lessons riff on our life situations as they arrive. Much like playing jazz within a loose structure. I said it in another thread, I would never have met my past life love if I hadn't of decided to take a long route to get a burger. I even remember laughing to myself before I left my home that night because I double checked my appearance in the mirror. I said "Its not like your meeting anyone Jimmy". But I did meet someone. I was destined to meet her but I only met her because I had nothing to eat at home as I hadn't gone shopping. What if I had of had a snack earlier? We would never have met. I don't know where free will and destiny converge but it does seem to be a mixture of both. Maybe the plan is more complicated than a linear progression of seemingly random events. Maybe there's more roads to travel and more lessons to learn than we can envision. Maybe no matter what choices we make there will always be something to learn.

6. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I just think that consciousness creates. That we manifest our own realities. I do think we agreed to live our lives too but I think that our lessons come from the choices we make on Earth, not on the choices we makes before we are born. We just agree to certain soul contracts before we are born but we have room to arrive at those life encounters from different avenues once we're on Earth.