CONFIRM e-mail before posting- and about old passwords

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Guidelines' started by Deborah, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

FYI -

You have to confirm your e-mail address before the forum will allow you to post, send a private message or e-mail a member.

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I see some new members trying to reply to threads - please note that you must confirm your email address upon registering before you can post on the open forum.

The forum generates an email back to you - and you must follow the link to activate your account.

If you have not received one in your inbox - please check your junk/spam filter in case the notification was routed there.

Thank you!

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

For established members and senior members: With the new forum platform, your old password will not work. You need to request one to be emailed to you through the system when you sign in with your user name. If you do not receive an email from us shortly after (within 30 minutes)- you can email me at Debbie.barr4@aol.com and I will change your password for you so you can sign in and see your profile and settings. But give me your user name too so I can find you in the control panel. Some members might have old email addresses that are no longer viable, or have many and don't know where to look in their JUNK-SPAM folders. So I'm trying to help via this shortcut. You can change your own password after you're in. I hope this helps those who are trying and waiting to come back. I'll do what I can today.