Could a Little Boy Be Proof of Reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Ailish, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

2. Ailish

Could a Little Boy Be Proof of Reincarnation?

From the ABC News story, "Could a Little Boy Be Proof of Reincarnation?"

[​IMG]

James Leininger

[​IMG]

James Huston Jr., in 1944. One year before he was shot down.

3. Ailish

Who was James Huston, Jr.?

4. Ailish

James meets his past life sister

In February of 2003 Bruce Leininger made contact with Anne Huston Barron, Huston's sister, who now lives in Los Gatos, Calif. Through several phone conversations, the Leiningers and Ms. Barron became friends, and she agreed to send Bruce photos of her brother during his military service. The packages of photos arrived in February and March of 2003.

In one of the packages was a photo of Huston standing in front of a Corsair fighter plane - the same kind of plane James had mentioned over and over. According to Bruce, interviews with past servicemen and declassified U.S. military records, before Huston joined up with the Natoma Bay and VC-81, he was part of an elite special squadron, the VF-301 Devil's Disciples, from January to August of 1944.

The elite squadron test-flew Corsairs for carrier use, and only 20 pilots were selected for this assignment. However, the VF-301 squadron was disbanded after eight months and Huston was then transferred to VC-81 on Oct. 8, 1944.

When he learned this, Bruce says, all of his skepticism vanished.

"I don't have an answer for this, so I can't explain it either," Bruce says. "Through it all, there has to be an element of faith. There could still be the coincidence of dreaming this all up, but there are odd factors you have to calculate. Lightning can strike once, but when it strikes eight or nine times, you can't say it's a coincidence."

Bruce didn't tell Ms. Barron about his son's supernatural story until later that fall, in October of 2003. When he finally told her about the possibility of her brother's spirit being a part of James, she says she was stunned at first and had to let it all sink in. Then on Oct. 15, 2003, Bruce and Andrea received a letter from her, along with several of Huston's personal effects, that not only said she felt James should have the belongings, but that she truly believed the story.

"This child couldn't know the things he does - he just couldn't - so I believe he is somehow a part of my brother," Ms. Barron says. "These are the things you read about. There must be a reason for it, but I have no hint of what it could be. It's some phenomenon that I don't understand. It all happened nearly 60 years ago. There must be a reason."

Despite not knowing the reason for these coincidences, Ms. Barron is convinced that James Leininger is somehow linked to her lost brother. She now calls the 6-year-old boy "James 3." In turn, he refers to Ms. Barron, who is 86 years old, as his sister.

As Bruce would uncover more information about Huston, without telling James about any of it, the Leiningers would notice more about their son's actions. James had three G.I. Joe dolls and named them Leon, Walter and Billie - names of three pilots who coincidently served with Huston.

According to U.S. Pacific Fleet records, Lt. Leon Stevens Conner, Ensign Walter John Devlin and Ensign Billie Rufus Peeler were among the 21 fatalities from the Natoma Bay. They were also members of the VC-81 air squadron with Huston. When asked why he named the dolls the way he did, Bruce says James answered, "Because they greeted me when I went to heaven.'"

After James said that, Bruce could only leave the room in stunned silence.

James also explained to his father how Corsairs would frequently have flat tires and would always tend to turn to the left. After checking with military historians at the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston, Texas, the statement was verified.

Andrea recalls the first time she cooked meatloaf for James, who had never had the meal in his life. After Andrea told him they were having meatloaf for dinner, James said he hadn't had meatloaf since he was on the Natoma Bay. So, Bruce and Andrea contacted several veterans from the carrier, and they learned that meatloaf was a regular meal for the crew.

[​IMG]

James Leininger's meeting with Anne Barron, the sister of James Huston.

[​IMG]

James Leininger's meeting with Jack Larson

5. Ailish

Photos of James Huston, Jr.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ailish

7. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

What are Dr. Jim Tucker's perspectives?

Is Dr. Jim Tucker (who is carrying-on the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson) studying the Leninger case?

Dr. Stevenson's decades of case-studies have attempted to discern a "six degrees of separation" between incarnations e.g., were there connections between relatives, friends, colleagues, geographic locations etc.?

Have any attempts been made to discern six-degress of separation between the Leninger's and Huston's over the years?

Marc

8. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I saw this. This is the story that really got me wondering if reincarnation was real.

9. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Yes. ;)

10. Titus Rivas

Titus Rivas Senior Registered

Scholarly article

Hi Deborah,

I just read the book by the Leiningers, Soul Survivor. It really is wonderful and very convincing.

I wonder whether anyone has already written a scholarly article about the case, in which all the individual statements and behaviors of James would be analysed systematically.

Best wishes,

Titus

11. Deborah

Hi Titus,

I don't think so but I will ask Carol. It would be a great addition to an already fascinating case.:thumbsup:

12. Vitor Moura

Vitor Moura New Member

Hi, Titus

there are some criticisms about the case here:

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/07/reincarnation_a.html

Best wishes.

13. Deborah

I checked out the link and find it narrow minded and defensive. I wonder what they are defending? ;) Statements such as this are hardly scientifically based. To me there is a big difference between critical thinking and skepticism, evidence and conjecture. Carol never leads a child to their memories. EVER!

When I saw this I was ROTFLMAO. :laugh: Is this guy serious? A three year old saw the name of the boat in one of this fathers books- and read it? But then he says he didn't say the whole name? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for posting it ---- ;) It is an outdated July 2005 blog. Still interesting to read through though.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the link Vitor :thumbsup:

I also read the blog and although I always have an open mind to everybodys' opinion, whether they be a skeptic or a believer, I found this article to be very weak.

The whole argument seems to be based around the fact that James visited the aircraft museum at the age of 3, BEFORE his nightmares of being shot down began. For me personally, this only reinforces the suggestion that he is the reincarnated WWII pilot that he and his parents claim him to be. The past life memories were clearly triggered by the museum visit, whereas the blog suggests that the nightmares began BECAUSE of it. I'm sorry, but I fail to see the likelihood of a static aircraft, just sitting there, engines silent, causing a 3 year old to have nightmares.... unless being around them, caused him to remember other, more 'unpleasant' experiences with them.