Could modern technology restrict our choices as souls?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kristopher, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

As science advances it gives us, humans, the power to alter nature in ways that suits our wishes.

Soon parents will be able to choose what colour of eyes, what sex, hair and other things their children will have. If this happens then that would most likely be a free will choice meaning that the soul is left with not much choice over its own future life.

I know that hair colour and the like doesn't seem to be a big deal when incarnating, but if our sex can also be chosen then this could be very serious for a soul.

2. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

I think that eventually population control will go into effect in many countries. And if, let's say, each couple is only allowed two children and they are allowed to pick gender, there would probably be a law that you had to pick the opposite gender of your first child. I mean, that would make sense to me anyway.

But a lot of other things will be able to be chosen too; like height and build. The physical appearances of the majority of the population would look a lot better and we wouldn't have people born blind, deaf, or disabled in some other way, and that could cause problems for souls who need to learn lessons about what matters on the inside counting and not the outside. Then again, maybe if everyone was equally in physical aspects it might be easier to learn that lesson.

But I think our souls will always find ways to learn their lessons that fit into the modern world. A lot of things are different than they used to be, but I'm sure we're all still learning.

3. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

China had the one child rule and, since male children take care of their parents in old age, female children were unwanted and in many cases discarded.

Fast forward a couple of decades and now there are no women for the men to marry, and the female children become the ones valued.

Oh, the irony ...

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting Kristopher. I'm of the opinion that we and our "choices" are all apart of a much grander scheme. I've got the feeling that no matter what we do with our free-will the eventuality is predestined in some way. As in the China example, its almost karmic that they now are having problems. Perhaps the choices we will be given are simply the next step in the big program.:rolleyes:

Tman

5. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

I agree that that would cause problems to us as souls but I really think that nature will always be one step ahead of science no matter how much it may improve.

Every question science answers creates many more unanswered questions. I don't think science will be able to alter us to a state where we're all perfect.

Also, many people in the world would not want science to be the cause of their children and would leave nature to do the work.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the furute. Although I hope and think science won't be able to tamper too much with nature, it's always a strong possibility. And as Mama2HRB and Tman have said, it would have a bad outcome.

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I believe that there is no situation or fad or engineering feat which our higher selves, souls and guidance are not fully cognizant of prior to our knowledge. For me, those guys run interference and provide me with the ground rules and lay of the land so that when I enter the situation I am fully aware of it (not all the details, but the bases are basically covered). To me, it is about being in touch with your "support staff"...you are never alone and modern technology is never a threat.

7. JLamar

JLamar New Member

I don't think the physical body matters so much, but better bodies can lead to better lives. If anything, genetic engineering might give us hope for better bodies and better brains to house our minds in the future.

I've had to struggle a great deal with things that most people find easy in this life. If anything I think others have too, and whether they realize it or not those who are working on these ways to improve the body are on some level aware of what it means to transcend the boundaries of **** Sapiens Mk I.

Personally, I can't wait for the Mk II models to come out.

8. JLamar

JLamar New Member

Also, this forum censored the scientific name for the human species... that's a little dismaying.

9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

This forum is tightly moderated and the moderators are on their toes. :) But I understand the reason so I'll keep quiet.