Could this be my first incarnation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by TheDivineOne, Jul 14, 2017.

1. TheDivineOne

TheDivineOne Should've been born a girl...

I know I've touched on this before in other threads so sorry if i sound or am being repetitive but at the risk of doing just that, i can't help wondering to myself if this was one of my first if not my very first incarnation? How can one even begin to tell if a particular life is that being's first one or not?

It just seems almost everyone here can rather vividly recall their previous lives and even remember events from many lifetimes ago and id their past life egos? Yet i can't. Even the past life visions i did have were pretty much just that — thoughts. I mean, think about it. You remember something, it not only becomes engraved in your mind but it also becomes something of a feeling, a strong belief or some sort. Unfortunately, i don't know a better way to describe it other than that vague description, but at any rate, any thoughts or speculations related to my past life or possibly lack thereof don't have any strong connection that i can relate to. They just feel like speculations, as if still trying to make sense of this current life now.

I just don't want to waste my time and efforts trying to identify my past life and/or who i was if there isn't one to identify.

2. baro-san

baro-san Member

I'm sure you aren't at your first incarnation. To learn about past lives you have to access an altered state of consciousness. I recommend self-hypnosis.

If the prize is valuable enough to you, you take the risk of wasting your time and efforts.

TheDivineOne likes this.
  3. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Everyone has had thousands and thousands of previous lives. Just as our bodies have evolved over vast periods of time, so have our 'minds' or consciousness, or whatever you want to call it.

Often previous life memories may be a bit hazy, but that's normal. Especially at first. Many of mine were when they first came to me. Sometimes details come later when we learn to trust ourselves more. Follow your intuition. Let the memories come when they want and they will come at the right time. Trust yourself. The truth is always in there somewhere.

TheDivineOne likes this.
  4. TheDivineOne

I just remembered something...

I don't remember actually doing this, per se, but I remember my mom used to tell me I used to call her Jessica (which is not her name) when I was little, and would intimate this as residue from a previous life.

Now I feel silly making this thread. :oops:

5. Native Son

Native Son New Member

Why do you feel Silly? Are you so easy to Convince? Just recalling a mere error of a child calling the mother by another name proves to you that you have reincarnated before? I, personally, have a problem in believing that, some recall their many reincarnations, whether in details or just vaguely, while others don't recall any at All. Where is the logic of it, and for what purpose does it serve for those that claim to recall past lives? I'm trying hard to make sense of it all without any personal proof, since like you, feel I have never reincarnated before, because I cannot recall anything, not even calling my mother by the wrong name, as a child.

Again, even without any mainstream scientific proof for reincarnation, I have come to belive that we have a soul and that the soul is immortal. However this assurance I have derived not from any testimonials of those claiming to recall past lives, but from pure dialectic and philosophical point of view.

Your starting this thread is no mere silly thing, and is well worth discussing further by those that have some wisdom to contribute on this forum; because life without contemplation in not worth Much, whether we are born once, or many times, if not an infinite number of times. For surely, if the soul is immortal, it has been so forever. True being is the place of the soul, and the physical world is of the body. The soul is always in the ever IS and the body dwells in the world of becoming: the world of was and will be, and never is. This is as far as I can agree about reincarnation. It does not matter if and how many times we reincarnate, but it matters how well we live each and every life, whether one or many in reality. And as a very wise man said once, only God Knows! Another wise one also said; what good will it be if a man, or a woman, gain the whole physical world but lose the soul? Obviously without a soul there would not be any more reincarnations, and then where would the fun of living be?

AlexD likes this.
  6. libshoppe

libshoppe Omniscient yet Humble

Just south of deep South Texas (the southern part)
    Life and death are states of being. They are temporary, existence is not, it is eternal. Existence is the source of cause and effect, not the result of it, so 'creation' - in any form - is a myth.
    See: theory-of-reciprocity.com

From plants to microbes to invertebrates and higher species, it is the nature of 'animated' fundamental particles (aka souls) to engage the resources of their immediate environment to re enforce and amplify the attributes of their nature. You have always existed and will continue to do so forever; however, we have little evidence as to the time between life and death cycles. You may have been most recently 'incarnated' just prior to your current DOB or 1x10~999 years ago (yeah, long before the popularly computed 'Big Bang'). In any case, have you ever tried to play a 78RPM record on a DVD player. Yes, the very architecture of your being may be different, making recall (replaying events in your mind's eye) difficult if not impossible.
    See: theory-of-reciprocity.com/life.html

Native Son likes this.
  7. Native Son

Native Son New Member

Actually I tried a 45 RPM record once, both side A and B, but my DVD player's tray was not big enough, even though I also inserted an old audio-technica pickup (needle). And sometimes I have a nasty tick in my mind's eye and therefore i cannot even play once those events of having reincarnated into a microbe and up the chain, let alone replay. But seriously, it sounds as if you are playing a Meher Baba record, when it comes to reincarnation and I'm assuming that you are stating that the soul reincarnates into all forms of organic and inorganic material alike. Are you? And finally, regarding the big bang of the theoretical physicists, that too, being of the material world, is only one of the infinite number of big bangs that have occurred since the beginning of time. According to Plato, Time, Space, and matter were all created at the same time, so`that if one is to end, they all will end together, as anything that has a beginning will also have a middle, and unfortunately, also an end. That is why when we say that the soul is "immortal" having been created, may also have an end. But that end is depended upon the the creator, as the creator, technically speaking, is the only Being that is truly Eternal, but we are not, if God, the creator, or whatever term we want to address this eternal being by, deems to take away our immortality. And that is by making any one created soul just non-existent, as was our state before we were created. God gives it, and also takes it away, if he chooses to do so.

This is what I tend to believe. But being that I truly know that I'm not the One God, and therefore must be one of the many created souls, I know that much about reality and myself. And that "much" is precisely that, much of nothing, as I only know that God knows, and the rest of us can only have opinions. About reality I mean, when I say that only God knows. In reality, sometimes I wonder if i even exist, to tell the truth, even though, "I think, therefore I am". Descartes gave himself a biased question, as he neglected to reason that perhaps someone else was doing his thinking for him, like God, maybe? I think that Plato's Parmenides dialogue would be interesting for those here that contemplated reincarnation and whether there is only one being pretending to be many, or if there are many pretending to be One. Or as Meher Baba related to us that God is the only reality, and the rest of us are just a bunch of some kind of carrots in his dreams. Which is very interesting and thought provoking idea; God only exists, and he falls asleep forgetting and not knowing that he is not god, and then, after becoming every and each material object in the material world, such as one grain of sand, and so on, wakes up to realize that he is god. And then, again, falling in slumber, repeats this dream over and over, and over again in eternity. And we are just part of his dreams, as he also dreams to be each and every human being too, before waking up. But then, thinking from a dream entity, if I have a mind of my own and dream characters are allowed to express ourselves, I would say that Meher Baba is a god in hell and not in heaven, if this sleeping and waking is all god can do. For sure, to be isolated as being the only one and alone in the seen or unseen universe, is no heaven to me, but hell. Then I would rather be a dream character than be god, if i had a choice. But I suspect, like most of the many, that we are both one and many, and god, if one exists, then he made us many, as one is the loneliest number that could ever be, and two is not much better, as at least we need to be three; father, son, and holy ghost, to make the Christians accept reincarnation.

Again, all kidding aside, we know nothing for sure on this side of existence, and if there is something after life here, perhaps we may know a little something more then. But, perhaps not even in-between lives, if there be such a thing, we may know no more than we do here. And who is to say that, as some claim, we may just be a simulated computer program of sort? Which means that everything we think we know has all being programmed in our minds, and that is all that we can see with our mind's eye. Reality may be stranger than our best fiction, as we know it. Myths may turn out to be reality, and our perception of reality here in this world of senses may just be a myth.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM
  8. TheDivineOne

I thought that considering what I'm going through now and wanting to have another earth incarnation after this, that this might be my first life on Earth... and I for one refuse to believe or accept in Christian doctrine that we only have one Earth life and that's it. I want to come back after this life, and i'm here wondering if anyone else here feels the same way i do. There are questions that in this earthly form can never be answered and i've come to accept that. But that will never stop me as i'm going to hold on to my dreams and desires for my immediate next life from now, beyond the minute i've taken my final breath in this life, and until i've taken my first in my next life.

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Not silly. A memory. Follow your intuition. Trust yourself.

10. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

[QUOTE="TheDivineOne, post: 98041, member: 7941] "I want to come back after this life, and i'm here wondering if anyone else here feels the same way i do. There are questions that in this earthly form can never be answered and i've come to accept that. But that will never stop me as i'm going to hold on to my dreams and desires for my immediate next life from now, beyond the minute i've taken my final breath in this life, and until i've taken my first in my next life...[/QUOTE]

It's a continuum. Deep breath. Perspective. Gulp. :)

11. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Welcome to the forum Native Son

"What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?" Matthew 16:26

Seems like you have some stories to share?

Have you come across the idea of Plato's cave before? All very interesting concepts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
    "...Plato has Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall from objects passing in front of a fire behind them, and give names to these shadows. The shadows are the prisoners' reality. Socrates explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall are not reality at all, for he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the manufactured reality that is the shadows seen by the prisoners. The inmates of this place do not even desire to leave their prison; for they know no better life. The prisoners manage to break their bonds one day, and discover that their reality was not what they thought it was..."

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017 at 9:35 AM