COVID-19 Pandemic Chat

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by RedSunshine, Nov 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Senior Member

My town is currently on a Lockdown and I already stocked some daily needs. I spent my quarantine days doing Exercise and playing with my pets. How about you? Are you belong to a place that has many CoViD-19 Victims?
    What is your current situation right now? How are you dealing with the CoViD-19 pandemic?

I hope everyone here is safe and healthy!

2. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yup. My state went back on lockdown yesterday (a bit milder than in the spring...restaurants have shut down, but some services can still operate at 25%). My particular county and surrounding ones have been some of the worst hit.
    I guess I should elaborate to answer the OP better: My spouse and I work in industries much needed during the crisis, so we’ve had moments of complete exhaustion/frustration. My mental health has been fine, but it’s tough to see others struggling.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Not shutdown yet where I am but people are worried seeing that the writing is on the wall with many stocking up. I don't agree with canceling Thanksgiving and Christmas as this year has been a wild ride and people need something that will bring a bit of peace.

4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

We've been spared the worst up to this point, but cases in my little town are steadily going up. I went and bought some extra personal items before everybody starts panic buying and there's nothing left. I remember back in the spring I went to buy toilet paper and there was literally nothing left on the shelves of paper products. Totally empty.

The whole state is basically on pre-lockdown now (full lockdown goes into effect on Friday), which means I now have reduced hours. Hooray /s

I've been doing a lot of reading and writing, as well as teaching myself more astrology, and some history. Even did some baking and made something halfway edible. Might as well do something useful with all this free time I've been 'blessed' with.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Eva1942 likes this.
  5. Blazealiste

Blazealiste Active Member

It has been months that we are experiencing this Covid-19 pandemic. And it is has been really tough in all aspects. Several cities around the globe especially in the US have been implementing another lockdown again due to high cases of Covid-19 infections surging every day.

My city has is now having lower cases of Covid-19 infections, with a thousand or more cases compared to 3000+ infections in a day before. My own neighborhood has been very strict when it comes to visitors and we even have a curfew in our village, things that I can't complain about for the sake of our village's safety and security.

6. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Where I live in South Australia, we’re on a six day hard lockdown after another cluster. We’ve basically turned into a little Italy, and the government wants to go hard straight out to beat a second wave. Non essential people are not even allowed out for exercise. You’re not even allowed to walk ya dog.

Because I’m a essential worker, I have a letter to show law enforcement a valid reason why I’m out. Have to wear masks too, when I walk out the door of my house..(like when I’m leaving the property)

meh, I’m SO DONE with being a part of a major historical event... 3,600 linear years and I’m done with it all... :confused:

Eva x

7. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

On Italy covid is most deadly that into most of the countries. the % of fatality reach 4%.
    when virus spreads on february-march2020 we passed two months into total lockdown. only folks that need to purchase foods and medicine, or have strong motivations can left home, with gloves and masks.
    we had thousand of dead.
    on first lockdown we lost many money, italy is not much rich as country, and tons of folks lost jobs, most peoples forced to close activity.
    now we have a second wave. goverment now not want to lost cash and destroy economy like on first wave, so delayed the lockdown.
    the result is that virus raise again and we are into a worst situation, we are much worse that on march.
    now goverment do selective lockdown: the regions with more virality are red and into total lockdown. orange regions have a medium night lockdown . yellow regions, like mine, are into alert state. the hospitals however are fulls, and the intensive therapy are near to collapse.
    the economy also is on knee.
    so the situation is horrible.
    about me. i live into a rural zone with my parents. we left home only for buy food.
    i am living as an hermit by the last year. i confess that i have fear.
    also cause i have a genetical syndrome, and my parents are elders.
    covid can be deadly for all of ours.
    also, recently i lost an uncle. not sure if caused by covid19.
    i only hope that the nightmare will end ASAP.

8. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Senior Member

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

I can only speak of Catalonia (North-Eastern corner of Spain), where I live; I don't know (personally) about the rest of Spain nor neighbouring France or Portugal.

Here we have a curfew from 10 pm to 6 am, and at week-ends there are lockdowns on the municipal level (i.e. you may move freely within all Catalonia, but on week-ends you have to remain always within the limits of your town).

Next monday the municipal week-end lockdowns will be loosened up to the county level (using the English terminology).
    Also, bars and restaurants will be partially opened.

Masks remain.

The Catalonia's borders will remain closed.

There were some violent manifestations in Barcelona against closures of bars, restaurants and nightclubs, but not serious, to my mind.

In the video below, a young idiot in a black mask says that the authorities have no logic in their decisions (on the 19th second).

I think he'd better be closed himself into a good psychiatric institution until his logical capabilities get minimally consolidated.

Lamentably, there are so many idiots and half-wits with inflated egoes who can talk hours and hours on end about human rights, women's rights, gay and lesbian rights, animal rights etc., until you ask them something about trigonometry or programming languages, at which they stop and show how really stupid and demagogic they are...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  10. The Traveler

Cyrus, you do my day. lol yes, i know what kind of persons you mean.

11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Traveler, I'm sorry that things are so bad for you. But you're doing the right thing and keeping as safe as you can. You're right, it is a nightmare. Covid could be fatal for me too, so I know what that fear is like. I'm alone here, so 9 months of solitary isolation for me is not easy either. But things will get easier by next year, so it's good to focus on that. There's light at the end of the tunnel, take good care of yourselves.

12. The Traveler

Thanks for kind work man. Well, soon will arrive vaccine, so the situation maybe will be better next year.
    well, the fact is that out of home there is the covid... and inside home... the problem is not just isolation cause at the end it's the daily thing for me. i live into a rural zone and i have not much friends, the only one are on web. i have only one friend here on my hometown but i can't have much occasion to see him cause he work.
    the most worst situarion for me are the continue, costant, crazy and fool litigation that i have each day between my parents, for personal things that i will not tell here.
    just to know that is frustrating cause i am between a rock and a hard place.
    (italian prover is little different "between the hammer and the anvil" so , i hope google traslated fine).

13. Blazealiste

Blazealiste Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear that traveler, I am praying that this nightmare will end soon too. I thought I should share and leave this article that I've just read for anyone who's been dealt with the most hardships from these past few months and tell you that it's a good thing that we are still alive and there will always be a brighter day waiting ahead of us.

http://sensitivenlpcoach.com/is-your...-the-pandemic/

The Traveler likes this.
  14. The Traveler

You right, until now i am very lucky, despite all. ty for kind words.
    that's like a war, but wars have ever an end. also for pandemic will be the same, i hope.
    we need to be very strong into that dark modern age.
    despite that, i think to all the difficults and challenges faced by our ancestors, when wars, plagues and tyrant happens each daily, our generation is very very very lucky compared to thousand of biliond of humans lived before us.
    remember ever that, guys. despite all, we are into the better age of all history of human kind. we have phisycal and mental possibilietes that was over any imagination of our ancestors... and also of our old pasted ego.
    past life are fascinating, but considerate ever that's an evolution,tecnically a rebirth is ever better that previous existance.

15. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

My mental/emotional health took a bit of a nose dive back in the spring, but I'm in a much better place now.

I know a lot of elderly people who are going to have a hard time over the winter with all the isolation. Winter can be hard enough as it is and that's what worries me.

The Traveler likes this.
  16. The Traveler

it's true, depression is most common on winter.

17. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Dear friends, a reminder to refrain from political debates as set forth in the Forum Guidelines section; it does include political policies. Covid is a tough situation all across the world, what is needed are positive thoughts and a compassionate outlook. Anything else will be removed. Thank you! And stay safe. ~Tinkerman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.