Covid19 Thread 2 (Prayers, compassion, and reflection)

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Tinkerman, May 20, 2020.

1. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

Re the article re even worse virus - I've got a couple of his recent books about diet and won't dare buy this book. Don't feel I dare read the newspaper article even - as I've known this is an all too real possibility for some time and it's all I can do to handle Covid.

I am what I call "vegetarian - veering towards vegan" and that is all part of my reasoning as to why - ie because of the way animals are treated and the risks of it for us.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

Yes, S&S, I see your point.

It's hard to think otherwise, seeing all that's happening before our eyes.

The covid19-dissidents, or whatever else do they call themselves, have strong throats and seldom doubt to recur to violence.

But take into account, that scientific researches don't need much public light, they just need concentration, an adequate financing and much calm.

All this can be provided by adequate politicians, well informed about the theme by good advisers.

The influential politicians are often too old to be afraid of the threat enough to make any suffiecient efforts, but they all have children and grand children,
    that could live still long after their deaths, and thus to care about providing all within their means to reach the right solution.

So, I hope, the science still has a chance.

More so, if we recall that there are secret and semi-secret laboratories in several countries where all kinds of biological weapons are investigated.

There can even be already some hand-made viruses designed and fabricated in those laboratories, a lot more dangerous than those that your linked article describes.

So, there must be a good ground prepared by the previous investigations, to start from.

Not for mankind's sake, of course - there can be no doubt about the cynicism and egoism of those people, but just for their own survival, and the survival of their descentants.

For, I don't think they could prefer to exterminate the 99.99% of the humankind to remain the only survivors on an empty planet.

I hope not.

Yours, very truly,

Cyrus.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

This is a consequence of human psychology being built on a foundation of fear rather than sound mind and it can be blamed partly on the usual things like the media, entertainment, and education industries that don't equip people to handle events like this. There is moments for it but not to the extent that it is and it is a dreadful condition for anyone to be living in.

4. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

I just read a report which covered 750,000 coronavirus cases.. The researches found that those with O blood were less likely to get the virus I have O negative blood and as I have said before I have only had the flue once in my life as a young child.. So it seems my blood type may have protected me.. When I was young the blood banks in Australia were always chasing me to donate my blood and as I have said before I must have donated gallons of blood over the years
    New Zealand has declared they are free of coronavirus...Australia has almost beaten it with only two new cases yesterday and no new deaths for at least a couple of weeks
    Crowds are returning to our sporting events this weekend.. limited numbers with distancing but still good news for all of us football fans

tanker and Jim78 like this.
  5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

If only England had been as sensible as New Zealand and continued with the lockdown instead of giving in to popular opinion. It was cowardly imo, and has resulted in one of the highest death tolls in the world. I'm expecting there to be a second wave as a result of this, but hope I'm wrong. Whatever they do, I'm staying put in any case!

There and back again likes this.
  6. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for music events coming back soon here. I've seen several advertised before long here in Wales and so fingers crossed the organisers know something we don't yet about they will be allowed to go ahead. The plus side to recent demonstrations in various parts of the world will be, I anticipate, that it will be very instructive to see that there is NOT a surge in cases a couple of weeks down the line (despite a lot of the more vulnerable gene-wise being on them - ie BAME).

You've just given me pause for thought too re blood groups. I know that, as blood group O, that means I'm noticeably less vulnerable to severe effects of Covid (if we assume it exists) - but it hadn't occurred to me that this could be what seems to have given me protection from flu then I'm guessing. As someone in my 60's - I've probably had flu an unusually low number of times comparatively speaking - ie I've only had it once in my life.

Aren't we supposed to be the "oldest" blood group? - ie we track back all the way to the Neanderthals or something? So, to me, that would indicate we've had the longest time span of all to mix and match and pick up whatever illnesses were around and thus the "weakest" of our blood group have already died in previous centuries and not passed their genes on?

That would make logical sense to me - even if I do panic whenever I spot what different blood groups are "supposed" to be eating according to some writers - and my chosen way of eating is not the one they say for us "

inhaltslos likes this.
  7. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

swami vidyadhishananda has said the thing to do during these times is to practice fortitude as a spiritual practice on the family level. the momentum and the collective karma is such that real reform won't be seen until 2034. between now and then we can expect at least one more major movement in consciousness. the prediction is 2025-2026... by 2029 things will calm as the younger generation will have more compassion than what the current generation is currently able to demonstrate. while we endure the transitions, time and time again we will be faced with the decision to respond to life with love or hate. the best medicine is nature, to disconnect from the fear-peddled news. i do believe these times are allowing people to embrace their individual responsibility more, take the desired paths for how they choose to live their life. freedom will be found in the connections with those closest to them. the potential is there at least. lastly, i'd like to add that there were other masters and monks who have in the past accurately described the times we are faced with today. some of the things to note that stood out to me, communication with extraterrestrials will be common place. there will be a movement from systems to consciousness. population will be decreased. despite the chaos, find peace and glide these waters. swami has also said it isn't enough to be earnest, these times require dutiful action. so let your expression be your service for those in your immediate life. you will find the joy in these moments. i sincerely believe there is a heavenly response, cosmic rays of energy that effects us all, it is transcendent and very positive in nature. :)

8. cloud potato

9. There and back again

A month later and nothing was learned as people put business and social needs before everything else even to the point of hosting parties to see if anyone gets infected. All in all I am really annoyed and angry how society has handled this in the west especially when extroverts crowd together like sardines and anchovies resulting in huge clusters of cases. How many have to needlessly die before people begin to reason that it is better to wait this out before rushing to normal again. As for NZ they only got lucky the first time around but once the age old normalcy bias kicks in they will have a problem on their hands just like Australia.

This fall is going to be horrendous between the outbreak and the ongoing social hell in the states.

tanker likes this.
  10. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

There and back is right Here in Australia the sate of Victoria is recording its biggest numbers ever Be vey wary of schools returning as as being talked about in the US What we are finding that yes children are lest effected by the virus but they a contracting the virus at school and bringing it home to the adults as a result Victoria is closing it's schools again so be very careful about opening up the schools

Jim78 likes this.
  11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Exactly right. How many? But people's social activities seem to rule everything now, here in England. There's a huge social event near where I live today, and I've watched a three-hour steady stream of cars heading there this morning. How many thousands are going to be crowded in together? All for something completely unnecessary. How many innocent people are going to die as a result of this one event? And multiply that over the whole country. Will the resulting deaths teach people a lesson? Somehow I doubt it. It's a sad reflection on our values these days.

My friends laugh at me for staying in during all this, but that's one more thing I have to put up with in order to stay safe. Let them get on with it. But I fear they might be suffering in the coming winter.

There and back again likes this.
  12. There and back again

Just like with those beach parties in Florida a couple of weeks back and yesterday they had 15,299 test positive, that is only one day and to think that the same is happening in multiple states but worse still this is the same strain that devastated Italy.

tanker likes this.
  13. There and back again

Oh look another Florida

14. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Active Member

I just wish this pandemic will end!

Klaud and VikingGirlTBird like this.
  15. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I wish 2020 would end tbh

16. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I wish 2020 would end, with a vaccine!

VikingGirlTBird likes this.
  17. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

The only thing I wish is inner (and outer) peace. I'm most in a position to bring about the first of those. My approach is a form of meditation which suits me.

cloud potato and tanker like this.
  18. cloud potato

Further contemplation from a Jyotish/astrological perspective... My notes on listening in on Swami Vidyadhishananda:

He said we are about to reach the end of a mini-era and that we can expect a divine being to descend at the end of the era. He went on to say what we are experiencing today is a clash of ideologies- just as it is written in the Gita. That is, a deceptive force that steals authority vs a noble force that instills it. Today, those forces are represented as globalism vs. civic nationalism. He said that there is no sitting idly by in this massive karmic tide we are all going through and that the momentum for this predates the 1920's and comes into fruition in 1922 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. We are approaching or are currently in observation of a planetary conjucntion which is releasing the nefarious agendas created and hidden in the 1922 Earth Summit- depopulation and digital certification through mass control were named specifically. As for our karma, he specifically said that man made destruction on multiple dimensions have all come to converge. He encourages us to stand for civic nationalism which preserves our link to those who are governing us through our voting rights and preserves our personal dharmic rights. The challenge he gives us is to read the agendas that have come out of the Earth Summit and to embrace dharma without malice or vengeance. To practice forbearance and endurance, for the spiritual seeker, the challenge that faces humanity promises to bring fortitude, contemplative quietude and a peace that will envelope the heart.

To quote Swami V,
    He said 2025 is the end of the yuga and that new and major changes will continue up to 2080. He advises us to strengthen our relationship to the elements. Deep breathing, conserving water, gardening, sun bathing... All of this is important in creating mindful living. He also promotes Edith Hathaway and I'd like to quote something she shared in a recent article about COVID19...
    https://edithhathaway.com/the-2020-u-s- ... ay-part-1/

In this article linked above you will learn in detail of the morality play we are going through as a collective. Swami V has said that these agendas were created and supported by corporate conglomorates, the banking industry, powerful industrialist and a few excessively rich and skewed imdividuals. Once again I will sign off with Gurunaths declaration of Self peace for Earth peace. Embrace your freedoms responsibly.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020