1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

i grew up with dalmatians. they're my moms choice of dog. they usually get dogs in pairs but once we had only one named tye. tye died in my arms under our tree. now we have juno and smudge. well, i know how easy it is to see the previous dalmatian in the new one but sometimes i think tye(male) was reincarnated into Juno(female) who has an obsession with me and follows me around. she has a look in her eye that feels like she cares about me a lot even though i get annoyed with her sometimes. my parents though say they see their previous dogs in most all of our dalmatians and there is always a similarity. We've tried to get other breed and have had weird luck... things like Parvo or other unfortunate events that can't be helped... that being said there are dalmatian totems through out this house and i think that is this house's spirit animal(protector).... sometimes i think there are aspects of tye's personality in Juno, like bits of his soul/personality could have been fragmented or shared with our current dogs... i was told if you love an animal enough they also have the chance to incarnate into humans in their next cycle. a lot i don't know about the subject and wish to break away from the cycle of reincarnation if there is such a thing.... still felt inclined to share.

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Cloud... I too grew up with Dalmations. The first one was in the home before me and I was raised with her... for 14 years she slept on my bed and protected me... and then she was gone. Others after her never seemed to be the same. I do not know what I believe about animal reincarnation, but then again... I don't need to know, I loved her no matter. I can still see the depth in her eyes... ~T

cloud potato likes this.
  3. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi Tinkerman, well isn't that just awesome. There is a depth and personality one we sympathize with when the loving connection is strong which tells me your Dog sensed the depth in your eyes too... =) Yogi and BooBoo were born exactly 1 year before me they were my parents first dalmatians and I believe they passed when I was around 14 too. Brother and sister, yogi bit my face once when I was a toddler because I crawled into his territory but we became great pals after that. The scar is just barely visible now but I smile when I stop and take the time to reflect on it.