• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Dealing with violent memories

Jadeswan

My four year old son recently began talking a lot about decapitation. It really freaked me out because he hasn't seen or read anything about it. One day he kept repeating, "I'm going to cut off your head" over and over in a violent tone of voice. After a bit he turned to me and said rather sadly yet calmly, "They cut off my head. " I just cuddled him and said I was sorry. As far as I can tell he hasn't mentioned anything else related to that memory or whatever it is. He had been having nightmares but they seemed to get better after that day. I don't know if this was related to a past life or not but it seems likely to me. I tried gently asking him about it but he closed up and wouldn't discuss it.

In some ways I feel frustrated that there was some deep trauma to him and I don't know anymore about it than I do but on the other hand I don't want to press him about it. I would appreciate any suggestions or similar stories. I haven't read Carol Bowman's book yet but I plant to get it. In the mean time, I could use some help in helping him deal with this.

Hi Jadeswan! I can't overly stress the importance of reading Carol's books, because she goes into considerable detail with examples of how to deal with this kind of situation. But in the meantime, I can give you a couple of links:

Four Signs of Children's Past Life Memory

Advice For Parents of Children Who Claim to Remember Previous Lives (No longer valid)

The one thing that stands out of all the advice is to always ask open-ended questions like Who, What, Why, When and Where. Avoid Yes or No questions, because that's all a parent will ever get from a child. So far, it appears that you are handling the situation quite well. I hope some of this will help you with your son. Please let us know if anything changes? OK?

Jadeswan said:
"They cut off my head. " I just cuddled him and said I was sorry. As far as I can tell he hasn't mentioned anything else related to that memory or whatever it is. He had been having nightmares but they seemed to get better after that day. I don't know if this was related to a past life or not but it seems likely to me.
I think you are doing a great job in helping him deal with the nightmares already, just by being willing to listen -- as evidenced by the fact that they seemed to get better after he was willing to open up to you. I once saw a video of a boy who remembered being shot in the throat during one of the world wars, and when he finally was able to tell his mother about this, a current problem he had with his throat cleared up and went away.

I've had a few nightmares involving decapitated corpses myself, and I remember some fairly violent past lives.

Back