Delusion or not - does it really matter? As long as we are learning from it?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by SeekerOfKnowledge, Aug 8, 2018.

1. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I already mentioned that back in 2015, I panicked, and thought that I was a certain infamous historical figure.
    While I probably drew conclusions too early, it appears that I still have learned from the experience.

I hate having to go to a dentist, and I sometimes hate myself for being such a coward, yet...
    when I still believed that I had been a certain historical figure, once I was able to calm myself down before such an appointment and managed to go through it with relative calm. Might lead to the theory of imprinting. Yet before my appointment at the dentist, I told myself: "hey, you have done this and that already, and it didn't even cause you to flinch. So why being afraid of the dentist now?" That helped, back then.

I was finding patterns, I seemed to realize that, no matter who you were, your last thoughts, when you die, always would be about something unresolved. That you even may be more worried about having disappointed your father than about the fact that you harmed others. Or even killed them. Broken promises seem to leave deeper imprints than anything else.

Memories (if they were memories indeed), more research and more calm thinking lead me to the thought: I must forgive myself first, then others. Because holding a grudge would be holding on to negativity.

I managed to reduce my still remaining phobias to a certain degree, and I was taking the first step towards having a healthy relationship with my father, my aunts and other close people.

So I wonder: does it really matter where the visions are coming from? Is it really that important who we were in a past life? Isn't it far more important that we draw some positive message from what ever we are getting?

2. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I do not think it matters. Even if it is a creation of your subconscious mind, it still tells you what to work on, ways of thinking you are not quite aware of that affect your life, then it is useful.

Galina and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Yes, indeed. That is how I am seeing it now.

4. Mary Hanauer

Mary Hanauer New Member

I don't think it matters, unless you believe yourself to be a famous person and use it for personal gain. Personally, I've been here myself. I keep getting that I was a notable person in a past life and I've been looking for confirmation of it. Who knows? Maybe I was just an average Joe or Jane. That's what most people find out.

Galina and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.