Did I just discover my past life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by TJ Furrer, Mar 11, 2018.

1. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

Okay so this is a long yet necessary explaination. I'll start out with a little bit of a back story. To begin, i am only 19 however i have always felt a strong connection to the civil war, even before i knew that i had relatives in it. I have also always had the strong urge to become a doctor, with no regard for money it will cost or make me. I am also an empath. This being said I collect antiques as I can often feel the energy they carry, and I often will see something and go "I NEED that at any cost."

One of these items I found a while ago at a garage sale, just an old trunk, however it felt somehow familiar. I later found out it belonged to a doctor who worked during and after the civil war, I later felt as I was being watched as i slept (as a doctor would do) and a lot of strange things happened but that's another story.

Today I was at an antique shop and I normally just skim for new items as I'm there at least once a week, however today was different. I was walking along and something stopped me, a very old large black and white photograph (daguerreotype or the one after I believe) which I normally look at but then just pass by. However something was different about this. I recognized everybody in the picture, I felt that I had known them for a very long time. The first person I noticed was an older man sitting in a chair and he was . I didn' know what it meant but then my mom mentioned the doctor and it hit me, I got this sinking feeling in my chest and I knew it was him.

Everything fell together then. The connection to the civil war, the unnatural urge to become a doctor, the need to have the chest and the feeling i had about it, and now very strongly recognizing this man and his entire family.

My question is, is this a definite sign that I found a picture (which I'm going back to buy tomorrow, no matter how much it costs) of my past self? Also how do I learn more? How do I expand on this and discover who he was and what it all means?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Hey,
    I wasn't that long of an explanation and I understand what you're saying and asking

Judging by what you wrote it's clear that you could've been that doctor
    Pictures can be strange to look at, I have photo's from my WWI self onwards and have always recognized myself immediately, it's something that can't be explained, you just know

Do you have any memories from that life?
    Usually when you realize that you've lived in that time some things make sense, like how you just know certain things, an obsession with the era, a battle (in my case I was obsessed with Vimy, WWII and Vietnam as a kid and was killed in all those wars) or a strong desire to get something that has a strong tie, if not from, that era (I got a tanker jacket, it kept me relatively warm in the hell called Bastogne so should do it now too, got a WWII Class A uniform just because I had to have it, no clear reason)

A question if I may, do you still have medical knowledge?
    I was a medic in the 101st in one of my WWII lives and from the time I was able to do things myself it was clear that I had an extensive knowledge of combat medicine, I used dolls to practice techniques on like applying bandages, splints, tourniquet procedures....
    Witnessed plenty of accidents growing up and instead of being freaked out or panicking like even some adults I just went to work, the look paramedics get when they realized that a little kid made the perfect splint, stopped an artery bleeding etc is truly camera worthy
    From my Nam life I still remember the radio procedures flawlessly, yes I'm the idiot yelling at the tv everytime you hear "over and out" or something else completely wrong

Hope you can get that photo but try not to rip you of by asking too much for it

3. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

I do have quite a large base of medical knowledge, I always aattributed this to me having a lot of medical issues but now that you mention it, it does make sense, especially considering a lot of it is about things that dont involve my conditions. That is interesting though. I am not sure about the whole memory thing, I can't remember anything off the top of my head. Also, I too am like that with a lot of WWII items, especially WWII pilot's things, so it' interesting that you mentioned all of that. Also I was the same way with the whole accident thing, I always knew what to do even at a young age, so that' interesting.

4. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

Here's a picture of the photograph, I was mostly focused on one person so someone is cut out of it, however the man sitting down is the one I believe to be myself. Also my mom pointed out how we actually even look quite similar (pictured below also), which is interesting.

Attached Files:

5. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Looks indeed similair, glad you got hold of the photo

I resemble my WWII Paratrooper self to the point where some believe that it's a close relative or even me in uniform

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thank you TJ, and welcome. I am happy you are finding some information on your past life. Yes, the photographs are telling. And I love the synchronous way you "found" it... there are no accidents!

I would advise you to remember that you are: who you are, now. I had some difficulty with that in my own past life memory. I some how felt like there should have been some kind of merger... like ok, that was me, and now this is me again. And there in is the paradox... can we understand this merger? Should we? I chose to accept it as an innate part of who I am, but recognized that in this life my journey is anew. Sometimes its difficult to see the difference. I like how your desire to be a doctor reflects that past life, and that you want to pursuit it. But pursuit it because it is your calling, not the past you in the photograph... in other words own this life fully and completely... from that stand point your past life memories will be a great blessing.

Thanks again for sharing, I look forward to hearing more from you.
    ~Tman

Tea4Bunny likes this.
  7. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

Thank you! And yes, the whole doctor thing is definitely something that I actually want to do, I feel I was meant to help people, however this whole experience definitely reassured me that it is likely the right path for me.

Tinkerman likes this.
  8. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

Interesting, I was honestly thinking this could just be a relative, but I would think we would have some sort of pictures or records if it was and we dont.

9. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

not neccessarily, in my case we don't have much, if anything, from relatives
    especially not from my Dutch side since everything was either purposefully destroyed by themselves or the military or destroyed because of bombings from the allied air forces, mainly the 617th squadron RAF
    What I did recover from family comes from carefully hidden archives or private collections

10. TJ Furrer

TJ Furrer New Member

Oh wow, that's really unfortunate, but does make sense.