Different Types of Posters on this Forum

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by SeaAndSky, Feb 17, 2018.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi All,

This morning I was thinking for some strange reason about how to classify the types of people who post on the board. As someone who has been around in more or less active status for a few years I at first thought of simple “type” labels—e.g., young and curious, etc. However, those don’t really go too far. The people posting are too varied. Then I started thinking about some polar opposites and how people might be located on a scale between extremes, as well as how some that I have seen posting exemplified certain positions on certain scales for me. In view of some recent posters, and my own current circumstances, the two scales that came first to mind were (1) and (2) below. After that I started thinking about (3) those whose interests seem to center mostly around themselves and their own experiences and PLs and those who seemed to be more directed towards others as well. Then (4) those driven here by some “presenting issue” (something that really bothered them) as opposed to those people who had always remembered or had already recovered a lot of memories. I have taken the liberty of naming a few names as exemplary of what I am talking about, but only where the poster has made it obvious that this is their position, or where it would probably be considered complimentary:

(1) At peace with God, process, etc.<--------------------------------->Angry or not at peace with God, process etc. Here I think of Tanguerra at the peace end and The Divine One or JustInTime at the other end. Tang came to mind first, but there are actually quite a few on this board that are at or close to that end of the spectrum.

(2) At peace with self, etc.<---------------------------------------------->Angry or not at peace with self, etc. This is actually kind of a “blame spectrum” in terms of where folks place the most blame for the “bad” things in their lives/existences. I will only include myself and Jim78 at the not at peace with self end of the spectrum. The other is a bit touchy, as it might include both the most mature and the least mature, so I will leave it blank.

(3) Self Directed<----------------------------------------------------------->Directed towards others. This is not really a measurement of how self-centered people are. Everyone who comes here seems to be directed towards their own experiences at first, and may continue to post in that field as they continue to try and deal with things or new things arise. But most of those at the self directed side of the spectrum do not go very far outside of this field, whereas those towards the other end (“Mere” comes to mind, though I could name many others) continue to reach out to help others with their own problems and experiences.

(4) PL trauma or other issue breaks through “the barrier”<---------> Rememberers. This is one of the divides that interests me most. Why do some simply remember, and usually not just one PL, but multiple PLs in relative detail? They stand out against the rest of us, who are eventually driven here because of some trauma or issue which pushes through and makes us look in this direction.

Well, those are some initial thoughts. Add your own spectrums or comment on those above. If you are daring, you may want to say where you see yourself on the spectrums I have put up or others may add.

Cordially,
    S&S

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Interesting thoughts S&S. You should do a poll. For me I came to the Forum in 1997, when Carol and Steve first opened it. It was so exciting! The opportunity to talk to people around the world. It was all so new, so much fun. We had the old threaded conversations and some fascinating members. I came to get help, give help and learn. The reasons I’m here vary though; from sharing experiences to posting about cases and of course supporting Carol’s efforts. Most of all to keep this a safe place for everyone. You have been a wonderful member, always there when someone needs advice and I must add you handle situations with poise and grace.

From 1997-2005 some Exceptional individuals came into the picture who helped form what has now lasted over 20 years. One from London, one from Canada, one from Belgium, one from Finland, another Dutch, England and two from America. As far as #3 in your list goes, Carol once told me, we’ll never know how many people the forum has helped or how. Sometimes just by sharing our own experiences, unknowingly we are also helping others.

As a college professor I am fascinated by cultures around the world, religious beliefs and how science and spirituality are coming together. For me, I am finding inner Peace, helping others when and if I can, and learning more about others and myself everyday. So thank you for posting your thoughts. It made me think, reflect and gave me the opportunity to thank you publicly for being a super member on the forum.

Tinkerman and KenJ like this.
  3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi S&S. I would say I'm self directed too. I don't have much knowledge of reincarnation outside of my own experiences so I wouldn't presume to give anyone feedback on their past lives. I can only offer my own experiences.

I used to be at peace with myself, at least until reincarnation opened up a whole new can of worms.

4. SeaAndSky

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the kind words and for all the good you do here. You may remember that it was your online book that brought me here in the first place. I was looking for causes for various issues and problems I had in life, and it showed me a direction I could look.

Hi Jim,

I wouldn’t worry in regard to the self-directed side of things. Most everyone seems to be self-directed on arrival, and stay that way for quite a while. Plus, you have a lot of PL memories to assimilate. Even with that, you are already involving yourself with other folks (like JustInTime), so I don’t see you at that end of the spectrum, you’re just exercising the prerogative of every newcomer to try and find answers for your own issues. I did the same. However, I don’t have the memory that you have, which may be because I am afraid to have it. What has come so far has already had a very disruptive impact. I’ll borrow from your analogy and say that I wanted to know why there was a “worm” or two crawling around and where they came from. Wanting to KNOW is one of the great curses of mankind. Even the ancients knew this, e.g., it is one of the three reasons in Eve’s mind for taking a bite of the apple, or if you prefer the Greeks, you could take Pandora as an example. Needless to say, a bit of digging uncovered the edge of a worm pit, which I have more or less covered back up again. However, there are still “worms” I find crawling about from time-to-time. Like many others, I sometimes have the faces that I see in the in-between of sleeping and waking. Sometimes I get brief vignettes, almost always just focused on a central figure. Intuition or perhaps imagination fills in the surroundings afterwards, so I am never too sure of things. However, life on the outside seems to require all my attention and in many respects is too critical for me to delve into these “inner” things. Perhaps I fear an ultimate inability to cope with what is there and hold together the critical things on the outside at the same time. In many respects, I just don’t think I can risk it. Anyhow, I can empathize with what you are going through. I won’t say that it isn’t good to know--ultimately--but there can be times when we are better positioned to deal with that knowledge than the present. At least for me.

Cordially,
    S&S

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yeah S&S. Yet when I have issues I do get very self absorbed. I suppose its kind of like that I can't help anyone until I've stopped drowning myself.

Curiosity killed the cat. If I hadn't of been curious I wouldn't be so traumatised. I envision this vast, hellish spiral of evil unwittingly instigated by myself. I feel as if I'm falling into it. Its overwhelming to me. I shouldn't have taken a bite of that apple myself.

Even with my PL knowledge I can function in my outer life. Its my inner life that's chaotic and in turmoil. You wouldn't know it to see me though. I just come across now as a less stubborn version of myself. If you delved into your inner life I'm sure you would still be able to function, but I wouldn't guarantee that you would enjoy it.

6. SeaAndSky

All:

I've been wondering about another thing as well, the nature of "presenting issues". Above I observed that some seem to be driven here by problems and issues that pierce the veil vs. others who simply seem to be "rememberers".

As to the people who have problems/issues that pierce the veil, there seems to be another dichotomy. This is one that divides (on opposite ends of some scale) those whose issues are primarily generated by (a) particular persons and relationships vs. those whose issues are generated by (b) more impersonal forces/events.

In the first category (a), there seem to be many who have a relationship that follows them from life to life (for better or worse). In the second category (b) there seem to be a multitude of people who have been afflicted in unpleasant ways by events in the broader universe, from war to natural disasters. One way or another, those in (b) seem to have been caught up in and impacted by national trends, governments, international conflicts, etc., while those in (a) often seem to have a negative personal relationship (and occasionally a positive relationship) that transcends lifetimes.

And, of course, there are always those who have some of both. Perhaps it is somewhat predictable given the nature of the universe, but delving into my memory of accounts I have read on this board, I have come to associate issues in category (a) primarily with those who are more typically female in their past lives, while I believe I see more issues in category (b) associated with those who are more typically male in past lives. I suppose this makes sense given the types of risks that have been more typically suffered by males vs. females over the ages. So, I may not be pointing out anything that extraordinary. Still, the general trend seems worthy of note.

In any case, your thoughts and reactions?

S&S

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

For me personally S&S, any large events I've been involved in did boil down to personal relationships with people and some of those people I know have incarnated with me more than once, for both good and bad.

All of my remembered lives have been male so I can't imagine what its like to be female. But I had been caught up in large concerns. Yet I find its the relationships I had with people that was the most impactful on me. The larger situation was always just the challenge that I was facing.

My issues have certainly pierced the veil and if I was inclined to be envious I would envy those who simply remember. That sounds like fun. What I'm going through is crap and my lessons all boiled down to relationships, from DeValeras decisions to my old loves issues. It's always been about the people.

8. SeaAndSky

Hi Jim,

From my standpoint, you are a rememberer. Hmmm. It is good you posted, as you make me reconsider my latest attempt to categorize. Actually, it might be better to speak of single issue PTSD types vs. all the rest.

"The rest" would definitely include those with multiple problems crossing multiple lives, or perhaps something that results in similar problems (or even relationships) across multiple lives. I'm fumbling for the right words here. This is especially true as it is the latter group that seems to comprise some of the most notable "rememberers". You would be one, but there are others, and not all are "troubled". Some definitely seem to be at peace about it all.

Anyhow, you'll find a lot of single issue posters, and they often just "pass through" trying to find out why they have always had nightmares or reactions to things related to WWII, the Holocaust, Korea, Vietnam, or etc. There is a tendency for them to remain focused on this single issue, and often they seem to move on when they feel like they have an explanation (though there are always exceptions).

I'm going to re-think this a bit more. I'm having glimpses of a more generalized hypothesis, but can't quite articulate it at the moment. I'm tempted to say that those who are not single issue are on the way to being rememberers, and even struggling rememberers will ultimately be rememberers who are at peace to some degree with their memories, but that is pretty clumsily stated.

More later I suppose. At the moment I'm a bit muddled--a sure sign of a premature attempt to arrive at a general hypothesis.

Cordially,
    S&S

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks S&S. I took a rememberer to be someone who may remember, for example, being in the court of Henry VIII and may remember relationships spanning time, but who don't really have issues from remembering. They just remember.

I took the other side of the veil types to be people like me, people who have learned hard spiritual lessons from their memories. For instance, I'm not a rememberer because I am not proud of my past life behaviour, I'm approaching it on a deeper level. One in which my current life relationships and choices affect how I now view what I once thought was acceptable behaviour. Its the little things that made me question myself, such as enjoying the attention of four ladies ina crowd during a speech I made in 1922 or enjoying the attentions of a female PA the night I went up against my opponent in my current life. Nowadays I chastise myself for enjoying that attention, enjoying 'the spoils of war" after doing bad things. Impressing women feels good but the memories carry more heft because I only had that kind of attention because I destroyed. If I was unaware of my current life life lessons remembering that stuff I would probably only enjoy the memories and the feelings associated with them, much like a rememberer would, but because I've pushed through the veil to more spiritually life changing lessons my memories are coloured by my current life experiences. I suppose that's hardly a surprise though, in terms of what I've learned about conflict my current life has provided me with the most notable lessons on conflict and heroism. Who I am forces me to view almost every memory I have in a harsher light. Whereas before I only thought about enjoying women's attention now I think "what kind of person am I to be destroying men and enjoying women, did I really not know anything?" I could describe the various battles I remember but its the smaller moments where my lack of a conscience shines through that most annoy me about my memories.

I'm certainly not a single issue poster. I don't really know what class I fall into. I'm remembering my memories as Jim and judging my past life behaviour more harshly based on what I know now. Maybe it should be rememberers and colourists, those who simply remember and those whose memories are coloured by their modern perspective. Whereas the memory of enjoying a drink with my brother Mathgamain in 968ad is just a memory of us too celebrating and bonding that memory is coloured by my modern awareness that it wasn't alright to celebrate leaving a trail of bodies behind us. Most of my past and current life memories up until 4 years ago seem to be about my being asleep, really unaware of what I was doing. That's why I wish I was just a rememberer. Remembering reincarnation for me is like remembering snippets of a heavy nights drinking where I caused mayhem the night before. These past few years I have woken up sober, chastising myself for my past behaviour. I don't know how you would catogorise that. Either way, I was a bolox but I'm trying not to be.