• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Do any tv shows remind you of reincarnation?

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I know there is already a thread for movies, and songs. And there is also a thread about mentions of reincarnation in tv shows, but this thread is for full blown reference to it, not a passing reference like character a says to character b "you must have been a sailor in a past life" then never says anything about it again.

For me, it's the 80s sci-fi show "Quantum Leap". Granted, I have never watched it, but I know what it's about (Wikipedia :eek:). Basically, this guy named Sam Beckett travels through time and each time he ends up in a different body and has to complete a task with the help of something called a Ziggy and when he completes the task he goes to the next body, and at the same time is trying to return to his own time. This is so similar to reincarnation because, like Sam, we are jumping from body to body, through time, and have to complete certain tasks (life lessons), sometimes with the help of a "ziggy" (spirit guide/intuition) and trying to return "home" (reach Nirvana, get to heaven, or whatever).

So what TV shows remind you of reincarnation?

You're saying you haven't seen any of the "Ghost Inside My Child" episodes? That whole program is about reincarnation.

Argonne, I have heard of "Ghost Inside my Child" and even watched part of an episode. I meant shows that inadvertently refer to reincarnation (ie no preaching or going "look at all this proof") whether through plot or symbolism (because maybe the directors/writers knew about reincarnation subconsciously but had no direct experience)

TheCuriousOne said:
I meant shows that inadvertently refer to reincarnation (ie no preaching or going "look at all this proof") whether through plot or symbolism (because maybe the directors/writers knew about reincarnation subconsciously but had no direct experience)
That would probably happen if a writer who knew inserted something, knowing that some viewers would "get it".

TV shows that remind me of reincarnation

Well, here are a few, although I'm not sure there were intentional, even subtle references to reincarnation, but for instance, Highlander (even without the obvious theme of immortality-because it's the same lifetime/body for the immortal) because of all of the historical flashbacks in the series.

Doctor Who...maybe for similar reasons as Highlander-although it has the added element of time travel to historical periods/places, not just flashbacks.

Witchblade has subtle references to past lives with some of its characters/episodes, and an occasional reference to reincarnation.

There are other shows that because of the time/place they are set remind me of reincarnation...but these are more related to my personal 'memories' such as Vikings, Tudors, etc.

BethC said:
Doctor Who...maybe for similar reasons as Highlander-although it has the added element of time travel to historical periods/places, not just flashbacks.
The most important thing about it is that he actually pretty much reincarnates all the time. His new incarnation is different but yet the same and sometimes he even experiences the whole pl thing of "I have the feeling I have seen this before but I can't remember when/where because it happened in another incarnation".

TV shows that remind me of reincarnation-Doctor Who

Right, Owl. I didn't even think to add that as a reason...the regenerations. Thanks for adding that.

Oh, yes! Once upon a time...

It's like the wishfulfilment series of anyone who remembers their past lives. All the characters remember each other and are together again. It's almost too much to watch...

There's an anime called Please Save My Earth about humans living on a research station on the moon who reincarnate to Earth.

There is a new show - you can watch the Pilot on Demand called PROOF. I watched it the other day. It's done very well and all about - being born again and NDE's.

Back