Do I chose what happens or does my soul?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by April Hill, May 10, 2018.

1. April Hill

April Hill New Member

This is something I have heard a lot about how the soul chooses parents and all that stuff but this confuses me is it like when someone dies there personality is wiped and there soul just chooses everything for knowledge?
    Or is it like if I were to die I get to choose everything because this kind of confuses me

2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky

Hi April,

'You' and your Soul are one. When you die you leave your personality behind, but it is not like wiping out your uniqueness. You just return to the bigger version of yourself, called Soul. Your life is just one puzzle piece and after your death, this piece goes back to the box. All those pieces together depict your beautiful Soul. Unlike a framed kids puzzle, this one is endless evergrowing. So, don't worry. After death, you can still choose the things you want and like.
    About choosing parents: it happens a lot although I don't think that every single pair of birthparents was consciously premeditated by the respective soul. There might be other motives to be born in a certain place and in a certain environment and timeframe and then the choice of parents might be less important (or overlooked).

3. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

If you want to have a small taste of this right now, you can try a meditation that I found helpful.

1) Find a quiet place where you won't be distracted or interrupted and get comfortable.

2) Take a minute or two to really experience your body, the way your nerves react to the sensation of fabric or the scent in the air, the sound of your heartbeat, etc. This is the part of you that interprets your environment to you. Think about how all your physical senses are designed to convey information to you.

3) Now take the "you" that your body is telling about the environment and step back. This "you" isn't your body. This part of you thinks a lot. It analyses the information your body sends and makes a judgement or comes up with stories about those sensations. "This is uncomfortable/comfortable." "I like/dislike this." "This must mean this/that." Let's say this is the mind. It's very connected to your body and can influence it with strong chemical reactions that can trick your body into misreading its environment.

4) Now, leave both the body and mind there and step back. You still exist. Now, you're in the realm of emotions and social connections. Here, you still feel the influences of the body and mind, sometimes very strongly if you're not aware of that influence. However, you're also capable of seeing beyond them and recognizing that there is more information out there. Your body can't sense everything. Your mind doesn't know everything. There are alternate perspectives and ways to approach a situation that they won't instinctively offer. Let's call this the heart. If you start hearing "You're doing this wrong!" then you're probably being pulled back into the mind's space. The heart doesn't judge the way the mind does. It tends to witness every possible angle and respond from a more generous viewpoint.

5) Now, step back and leave the body, mind, and heart where they are ... some part of you that you can't turn around and really "look at" the way you can the rest of your "self" is still aware and witnessing life. This is what we often call the spirit. And if you quiet your body, mind, and heart enough you can hear this element in yourself doesn't really find time all that important. It's not worried as much about physical and emotional sensations. It's not judging you for your body, relationships, or accomplishments. It's not focused only on your influence on and reactions to the world around you. It's not trapped or controlled by your past.

This part of you has a wider view, it's more confident in your relationships because it sees those connections as unbroken in a spiritual sense, even when they come and go (or never show up) in a particular lifetime. This part of you has a sense of timelessness. It's very calm because this part of you knows that there is a larger story going on than the smaller interactions that usually take up all your attention.

At step five you can gain a small glimpse of your eternal self. This is the self that helps you make the best of life, grow, and become wiser even when the body suffers, the mind gets overwhelmed, and the heart feels disconnected. Do you see?

6) Step back into yourself and enjoy how vivid your relationships are, how strong your opinions are, how informative your sensations are. Your spirit accepts and even enjoys physical reality because it's important. Your spiritual self enjoys creating life stories to add to its experiences.

You don't vanish at the end of a life,... you just step back into a wider perspective that encompasses all your lifetimes and the spaces in between.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Reincarnation is more than a phenomenon. It is a mysterious truth that the early Christian Gnostics, the Ancient Egyptians, Tibetans, Buddhist and American Indian traditions taught. They taught that the act of reincarnation is a part of life. To reincarnate is to act, it is an action made manifest. Embracing the fact that we reincarnate requires serious personal reflection, as well as a fair amount of formal research. Ultimately, it is a quest to find ‘self,’ and is unique to each individual. There is one basic question that each of us asks if we look at reincarnation in a serious manner: “What does it mean to me personally and how does it apply to me NOW?”

I found some extraordinary clarity in ancient texts. The Tibetan Book of the Dead concerns itself with the possibility of dying consciously. These ancient Buddhist masters observed that there is a heightened intensity of consciousness when a soul moves from life to death and from death to life. By preparing the soul they were able to heal negative thoughts and were able to empower the soul at death to not be pulled into a repetitive negative life cycle; enabling the soul to consciously create positive life times in the future. Although I have read numerous accounts of children and adults who remember the time, between lifetimes where they are “choosing” their parents, and planning their “destinies,” I think more often than not, the majority of us do not know how.

What the ancients were implying is that consciousness creates. If our thoughts, what we hold in consciousness, determines our next ‘life experience’ then maybe this is why there are no set rules. Maybe this is why some souls are born into the same families, and some are not. Maybe this is why some souls do not reincarnate for decades, or even centuries, while others are born into another life almost immediately. Each individual is unique, each individual sets his own way, by way of his/her thoughts, feelings and emotions. In other words, his or her consciousness creates.

I have found this premise to be within many ancient religions, and even in present day texts. A fascinating concept.

Angie Brown likes this.
  5. Babe

Babe New Member

New here haha do you think we can also choose timelines? And different dimensions?

Angie Brown and fireflydancing like this.
  6. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky

I don’t know about timelines. I remember as a child being angry that I was born ‘ in the past’ . I was confused about the barbarism I saw. But I don’t think I really jumped back in time. I guess I was not quiet prepared for this earthly life with daily cruelty.
    And about dimensions: I guess we all live in several dimensions at the same ‘time’. Our consciousness is only a small part of our overall being. So we don’t have to choose, it’s already happening.

7. The Spiritual Design

The Spiritual Design New Member

Spirits are pure, meaning they lack the negative emotional and mental aspects often found in humanoids, such as anger, selfishness, judgement of others, etc., as those are part of the reality of this plane. When a soul departs the body upon death, it enters into the mental reality, or what our spirit team identifies as the fourth dimension, where it gets to reexamine its life. Only part of your spirit is sent to incarnate here, splitting its energy, so the traveling part is what we call the soul. When a spirit decides to take on a new life, it can choose to be in disguise, like a masquerade ball, or come in with its spiritual personality largely displayed. Souls coming to Earth have what our spirit team calls a "coat of karma" that represents the complete history of all its incarnations on this plane, which a soul puts on when it incarnates, and leaves behind when it returns home. Only the coat is judged, never the soul. So what we think of as a personality is a blend of the soul patterns, along with the impure Earthly dirt on the coat of karma.

fireflydancing and Jim78 like this.
  8. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Interesting. I have thought of reading more about bhuddism but have yet to get around to it as where to start? A few different beliefs on it. The book of the dead may be a good place to begin. Thank you, Deborah :)

Deborah likes this.
  9. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

That would be worth knowing :)

Deborah likes this.