Do We Get To Choose Our Parents?

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by Susie, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

In her book Children's Past Lives, Carol Bowman devotes an entire chapter to choosing a life, including who our parents will be. Her conclusion that we chose our parents is based on recollections of children and adults she has worked with.

In one such account, four year old Courtney tells how one rests a little while in heaven after death, then"...you have to start thinking about what you have to learn in your next life. You have to start picking your family, one that will help you learn whatever it is you need to learn next." (page 136).

Carol further says:

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Although there are many souls that I do believe - "choose " their parents. I think more often than not -many are drawn to them..like a magnet and conscious "choice" is not part of the equation.

Carol Bowman in her book Return From Heaven, references the Tibetan Buddhists.

Ian Stevenson notes that “although my research suggests that we are the creators of our own lives and, to a certain extent, our own bodies, our participation in this process is so passive as to be almost involuntary.”

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member

Updated FAQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.