Do you approve of cremation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Sarellah, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Gypsy8

Gypsy8 Member

I believe there are two parts of us that leave this earthly body when we die, and there isn't any physical part that clings to the body after death. The two parts are the soul, with the memories of all of our past lives, and is what will enter our next incarnation, and our spirit, the essence of what we were in this life. Until the time nears when the soul incarnates again, the spirit is what is felt, seen, connected to us after a loved one's death, when it returns to the soul.

So based on that belief, I have no fear that anything that is done with my body after its death is going to have any effect on my soul, or on my future lives.

We all have our beliefs, and that's what directs our decisions, and that's how it should be.

2. MAATKE-RE

MAATKE-RE HATSHEPSUT THE WOMAN WHO WAS PHARAOH

With our depest sorrows We had to cremate my mother...there were terrible thunder storms, the cementery was flooted with water above the buriel ground. I belive that OUR LORD knows that we did not have any choice but to cremate our mother.
    Yes, at the end he will have the last word. I am basing my believe of what the scripture said...that he will come to judge the living and the death, he will rise the death, from their tomb. And the ones that had remain faithful to him and to his laws will have eternal life.
    Everyone has their own believe...I only go for what I was teach since I was a litle girl in this life.
    Regard.

3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks, Gypsy8, I like your reply and believe this also. ~tman

4. MAATKE-RE

5. Abigail Indigo

Abigail Indigo New Member

There are pods they are trying to get approval legally for, where you are bound into the fetal position, and with a tree you choose. The natural process of decomposing and a tree grows.
    Just be careful that if you have made some enemies someone might pee on you.
    Lol.
    But thing is the pod is biodegradable and I thinkthis method has potential for success.
    You are not your skin you are the soul that lives within.
    Really in the Vikings time burning was normal, if anything it releases your matter directly back. Your soul has been on many journeys and knows what to do.

6. MAATKE-RE

No, I dont aproof of creamation ...

7. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

For the gone one, it doesn't matter. For the left ones, it shouldn't!

8. Abigail Indigo

Abigail Indigo New Member

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-research/death-and-dying/Cremation-vs-burial

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
  9. Laohg

Laohg New Member

I don't approve of cremation

10. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I intend to be cremated this time. Don't want my remains dug up and the dna messed with in the future. Had my lovely dog cremated for the same reason. Clearly it doesn't worry me.

Mere Dreamer and fireflydancing like this.
  11. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Cremation is clean, cheaper than a burial, better for the environment, and for me it won't make a difference. So yes, I want to be cremated when I am dead. I also hope people won't put too many flowers on my grave (poor flowers) and rather donate the saved money to an orphanage or an animal shelter.

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

SeekerOfKnowledge,
    I'm leaving it to family if they do flowers or not. If it makes them feel better. Every funeral i've been to where there's been a no flowers but good cause donation instead, all attendees have sent flowers anyway then donated to charity. It is sad those to see flowers cut for dead bodies, but then services are really for the the living to come to terms with the fact that the person really is gone, physically.

I've read that crematoriams cause a lot of pollution, but I weigh that up by knowing there are no diseases festering in the ground. I heard that an area of black heath cannot be dug up due to the bacteria in the remains of black death victims, for instance.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  13. SeekerOfKnowledge

Agreed, burial ceremonies as well as tending graves is for the living. And if it makes them feel better and helps them to cope with their mourning, the choice should be theirs.
    I love the idea that my ashes will be buried in one of these new, modern wood cemeteries, but depending on who is still alive when I go and how old they will be, it will be their choice. The next wood cemetery is a few kilometers away after all. Just like the idea that my ashes will serve life as dung after I am dead, that is all.

Angie Brown likes this.
  14. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I like the idea of having my ashes scattered over moving water so that I'm tangibly "anywhere" rather than tying people's memories of me to a plot of ground. I don't want to be associated with a graveyard (of all things!) since I fully intend to check in on the people I care about after I die ... wherever they happen to be at the time. The less they think of me as attached to a physical location the easier it will be to reassure them in dreams (or in other ways, if they're open to it). When people think of me, I want them to think of me as alive, just no longer physically tactile.

15. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

Yes I do, as a matter of fact I want to be cremated when I die

Angie Brown likes this.
  16. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I neither approve, nor disapprove.

As far as I believe, for my soul it doesn't matter what happens to my abandoned physical body, and that after I die I won't care about the body left behind.

So, if we want to plan something now, we should either plan for something that we think is good for our loved ones we leave behind, or for the environment.

A better option is to let know the ones who'll have to make that decision after us that we don't care, and let them do whatever it's best for them.

17. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I replied to you before knowing you had any knowledge of Egyptian culture, apologies for that.
    I'm with you, I'd rather be burned than be rotting in the ground, and I wouldn't believe for one moment that my soul would suffer as a result of it.
    Ecologically it's not viable to bury thousands of people in boxes in the ground, and grave sites.. in my opinion.. are wasted lands that could be turned into preservation sites, parks, and other useful resources.

KenJ likes this.
  18. SeekerOfKnowledge

Maybe we should continue in THIS THREAD about the pros and cons of cremation.
    And leave this one to the story of King Tut's possible return as the forum member Amunseanra.

Cassie likes this.
  19. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

The last two post were moved from another thread. ;)