Do you find yourself feeling homesick for a place you've never lived?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by @ngeleyes, Jan 17, 2017.

1. @ngeleyes

@ngeleyes New Member

Most of the time, I can live a normal and happy life. I do have snippets where I recognize people as spouses from other lifetimes. I remember the deep connections with certain people and become overwhelmingly homesick for those lifetimes. Right now, I am drawn to Europe. So much so that I have considered moving there. Have any of you felt this way before?

Babe, somesurrealkid and bellaDonna09 like this.
  2. Carloloner

Carloloner New Member

I have felt homesick for Norway a few times over the past year or so. A few years ago, just as i started to get into spiritual stuff like reincarnation more, i started to look at Norway on google maps, i wonder if being interested in reincarnation has awoken a lost connection to it. I often look at images of the fjords and mind blowing Norwegian scenery and feel emotional and a sense of longing to be back in a place where i feel i had a happy life at least once. I feel a similar way with ancient Egypt and the monument valley area in Arizona/Utah as well :).

3. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Carloloner, right around the time you were posting this, maybe a bit before, I was thinking about Norway (same thing, thinking about the fjords) and then my imagination...or maybe this is a memory of a life there...but although I was homesick, this memory was quite traumatic, involving my pl brother's death which I felt responsible for.

Carloloner likes this.
  4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky

Norway, I know the feeling. I used to feel a kind of 'home connection' since I was a child when there was a certain light in the air together with a certain temperature. It always gave me a message from 'home'. For years I sought and sought: maybe Norway? Iceland? Greenland? By now I came to the conclusion it was the Faroe Islands, but being originally from Norway.

bellaDonna09 and Carloloner like this.
  5. Carloloner

Carloloner New Member

A few times also i have seen images of fjords like this one in the link below which is called Preikestolen and some which looked a lot like the lofoton islands in the north of Norway which i think were triggered by homesickness too. I often think why couldn't have i been born in Norway rather than England which is somewhere i've never felt truly at home here as i've often felt out of place here :(.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...ved=0ahUKEwj1wI_lgfrRAhVHshQKHf3aDPIQ_AUIBigB

BethC likes this.
  6. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

Hey there @ngeleyes :).

I totally get what you mean. I feel homesick for a variety of places, mostly Europe.

I've been only to Sweden and it is so lovely there. Something about it felt very familiar and I wonder could I have lived in Sweden in a past-life that I don't have memories of? Also in one life I made a visit to Stockholm with my family, so it could also be that. I recognised the pier and the quay and it was so... emotional? It was so ridiculously familiar.

I plan on making some trips to western and eastern Europe when I can financially of course. Mostly France, Russia, Italy and Germany. I also would love to visit the Isle of Wight and Osborne House as well as Windsor Castle. (Particularly the latter)

The past few days I have been so very homesick for France. In particular, Versailles. I'm honestly reluctant and afraid to re-visit Paris. I don't know how I will react when I see Paris again. I've not been there since 1795. The building I died in is long gone but remnants still linger. So I'm really nervous about visiting the City of Lights.

7. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I remembered that I also feel homesick for London...anywhere from the mid 18th century up through 1930's or 40's...maybe even earlier, although when I see the pictures of London in that span of time, I feel like I lived there and miss it. I have a longing for Medieval/Renaissance age...but that is inclusive of more of the UK and other countries, as well.

insearchof_1785 likes this.
  8. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I've been homesick my whole life, feeling like a stranger even if I was born here. I remembered my past hometown not too long ago (just about one year), and I was immediately drawn to it. So I organized a trip there as soon as I had the chance... being there again was the most wonderful sensation I had ever felt in my life. But for practical reasons, now I am back to the place I was born in this life, again.
    Until the moment I returned to my old hometown, all I could feel was a sense of emptiness and despair, and of being a misfit in this world. When I touched that familiar soil again, all those feelings vanished and I simply felt at home, in harmony with everything that was surrounding me. The ground, the plants, the people and the animals, every single thing, living or nonliving. Now that I am back here and I am feeling homesick once again, I no longer feel that same despair as before, for I know that if I want, I can always return. The feeling of emptiness is no longer as painful as it was before, because I have carried many pleasant memories with me and I can always bring my mind back to those moments when I long for my home.

fireflydancing likes this.
  9. sunnynights68

sunnynights68 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new here to the forum . I only remember as a child telling my family that I miss my other family, and wanted to go back there. And then frequently getting scenes of a beach type area and Spanish-speaking people. ( I am currently blonde haired green eyed Irish American) did all of you do some work to find out where exactly your particular memories came from as far as countries? Or were you just drawn to these countries?

10. bellaDonna09

bellaDonna09 Member

imo.yes most of the time i feel natural.but a lot of times i feel so lonely like i dont belong here at all.im like you drawn to europe.the first memory ive ever had i was 3 i was going to home i was in the car with my father i knew perfectly who those people were(my parents)but i was like what the hell am i doing here this is not my place.i just felt so out of place .i felt like the child who left the home he always knew to start anthor life.i remmeber when i was 5.i was with my mother at night watching the sky from the window.i was telling her how pretty the sky is(nothing effects me like the nightsky)then i started saying some random words in french.when i think about it i get quite confused since i never start learn french until middle school but i remmember the words since i have good memory.thinking about it i do feel connection to france.oh and also seeing spain and itally make me very depressed.but the last time i watched a documentary about italy i felt so ease.so calm.feeling that i never felt before

11. Amber Britton

Amber Britton Amby1984

How strange, I came across this thread while googling being homesick for a place I've never been. It just so happens that Norway is my place too, seems a few of us have some sort of connection there

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've not been homesick for a place but more of a place and time, the 1910s and 20s. I always regretted not asking my grandparents what it was like growing up during that period. Remembering that I am reincarnated from the same time and place made my interest in the people of that period make sense. I wish I didn't know though, curiosity killed the cat. There's a huge difference between viewing history as history and remembering what it was like back then. They were troubled times.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  13. flashback

flashback On hold...

I do understand how you feel... and the Fjords seen from the sky are soo beautifull
    I was very happy in Norway too... for a very short period of time.

14. Carloloner

Carloloner New Member

I visited Norway earlier this year and felt probably the happiest i have felt in this life to this point. I went on a cruise from Flam to Gudvangen through Aurlandsfjord and felt very much at home :). I walked through Flam Valley as well and felt a peace that i've never truly got in England.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...uBQKHRIUCVkQ_AUICygC&biw=1152&bih=773#imgrc=_

15. Carloloner

Carloloner New Member

Hi Amber, is there an area of Norway that you feel really drawn to ?

16. Elisabeth of Hesse

Elisabeth of Hesse Elisabeth

I've felt homesick for Germany, many times.

I miss Wolfsgarten and my playhouse..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  17. Was I Reincarnated?

Was I Reincarnated? Aidan

I feel homesick for Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I've got a few threads about my reincarnation theory of who I was in a past life. Check them out if you're curious about my theory.

18. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

I'm very drawn to Nijmegen, a city in the south east in the Netherlands, I've been there many times in this life, lived there in what's most likely my first life (Roman) and past through it in 1944 as a medic in the 101st Airborne

Every time I visit Nijmegen now and I'm in the train approaching the Waalbridge and seeing the top of the St. Steven church I get the feeling that I'm home, when I leave it's the complete opposite, I want that final glimpse of the bridge and St. Steven and am down for sometimes a few days, homesick most likely
    I'm even to the point were I'm on the waiting list for a house there, I already moved to the country for family so why not move to the city I love? (besides the hassle of being a wheelie complicating things a bit)
    So I can definately relate

19. Annabell

Annabell Anna

I long to go to Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I was born here but it has never felt like home.

20. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Trust me, I'm often there, it's not the same
    I've lived there for a year in the 1990's and pretty much the entire atmosphere is different, I now only go to where I need to be and back out ASAP