Do you have a spirit name?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Deborah, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

My boyfriend is very intuitive, albeit in his 60's just now understanding what he has been experiencing his entire life. The other day he asked me to ask my guides (spirit) for his "spirit name." I was like - yeah yeah....and promised to do a meditation for him. He said he kept asking but got no response. I had never asked even for myself, or really heard too many people talk about it. SO I brushed it aside for later. :rolleyes:

Two days later I woke up in the morning to spirit telling me "His spirit name is Philian." It was even spelled out for me. So I looked it up.
    I personally have never seen it or heard of it.

So I looked up -- what is a spirit name;
    It was interesting to me - HOW the name came, it wasn't like I was trying. The meaning of the name - even more interesting.

Does anyone else here know their spirit name? Was it given to you, did you receive it? Have you read up on it or know more about spirit names? What culture does your spirit name derive from? I hope others share their experience, or a friends.

Tinkerman likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Under self-hypnosis I asked: "what is my spirit name?". Immediately a word popped in my mind. I never heard it before, and I couldn't find it with google. I confirmed it during later regressions too.

In the same manner I got the names of my spirit guide, and of a handful of close family members. Most of the spirit names I got aren't usual names. In contrast, during all my past life regressions I got meaningful names both for my incarnations and for the places I lived.

In the same way, asking clear short direct questions, I learned what are the life lessons for each of my incarnations, and for people whose subconscious I contacted under self-hypnosis (I got this idea of contacting other people's subconscious from a book about Edgar Cayce). Interestingly, during some past life regressions, when I asked "what is the life lesson?" I didn't get an answer, but when I repeated the question after progressing until after that life's end, I got a meaningful answer. Maybe we can't get some answers until we're prepared for them.

I also learned what are my spiritual relations with the spirits of some family members. I received meaningful answers about what caused some experiences and aspects of my current life.

When I asked about important future events in my and my relatives' lives, the predictive information was confirmed so far, but differently from what I expected at the moment when I received the information.

None of what I learned under self-hypnosis was invalidated, or seemed incorrect.

3. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Hmm...I have asked for spirit guide names. The most vivid response I think I received was Asha. I hadn't known the name when I asked for it. I had a bit of a visual of an Indian woman sitting in meditation. She was smiling and had a wise and serene look. I verified that this was probably a Hindi name, meaning Hope. As for getting my own spirit name, I have never asked. A name that pops up all the time for me is Lydia. I don't know why. It may be a past life, or someone I knew.

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting question. I've never given it a thought. The name, or some likeness of it has followed me in many lives, that name is Michael. In regression therapy it came up many times. You think it could be related?

5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, when I asked I heard "Reina" ...? Who knows? I tend to second guess names and dates so fast that it would take a miracle for me to get an accurate reading on something like that. I doubt this is "literally" a spirit name, but possibly representative of the idea of my identity as it manifests in the tangible universe this time around. Though either way, I'm not getting much sense from it.

I think my real name (first and middle) in this life was custom designed for me, meaning "pure and born again."
    This fits with the phoenix imagery that has followed me since I consciously accepted the spiritual path.

6. Lurker

Lurker New Member

Hmm, Reina (pronounced similar to the English word 'rain') is a Japanese name, though its meaning could depend on the characters with which it is written...
    If the pronounciation of it is more, uh, German-sounding, it might be something Slavic. Rajna is the river Rhine, so maybe something related to that?

7. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

That's the right pronunciation. I've never heard of the Japanese name. Interesting.

8. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Reina, with the pronunciation that you heard, could also be a southern-Italian surname. But I'm not sure how this could relate to a spirit name at all, just saying because I live in South Italy now and I've heard it a few times.

9. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Reina is a surename. In Spanish it means 'queen'.

10. Deborah

I later found out mine is Felicity. I wasn't sure it was a name so I looked it up -
    I have over 160-190 students every semester. Never came across this name in 20 years.

11. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

The name of my spirit/soul is Anine.
    When people call me by my name now, I know they're talking to my body, and not my soul, so it warrants the typical body response.
    But for someone to use my actual name, that would feel like a whole other story.
    Only the dead know me as Anine, I believe the dead know far more about us than the living ever can.

That probably sounds strange or morbid, but that's part of my belief system.

I'm really glad you asked this question.

12. Deborah

A beautiful spirit name. Do you know it’s origin or meaning? And no, not morbid at all, spirits can sometimes know more than we do. Depending on the soul and vibration they work from. :)

13. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

My pure spiritual self's name is BB.. I'm no sure if they are the initials of his name or his full name or has nothing to do with his name .. I have a feeling and that's all it is... that if I knew his correct and/or full name I would know a whole lot more about things than I should...Its my opinion and again that's all it is.. that none of us knows the name of our spiritual selves.. we are not meant to know what our real name is that goes on and on incarnation after incarnation.. Its got to do with where we came from.. that's all I'm positive about with this subject.. our name is connected to where we came from