Does anyone get like this? (Yearning, missing someone)

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Shiriya, Jun 26, 2018.

1. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum Dolores! I'm glad that you posted, and that you have found some peace here. It's hard to believe that the belief in reincarnation is supposidly at about 25% here in the USA and yet you and I find so few among our acquaintances.

Angie Brown likes this.
  2. Shiriya

Shiriya Senior Member

I'm happy you moved and set out to find a place to call "home". You're very brave for leaving at 18! By the way, welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad you feel very at home here. :D

Angie Brown likes this.
  3. Searching Angel

Searching Angel New Member

There is a word that sums up the yearning of a love that you cannot have...it's a Portugese word. Saudade. "The best way to describe it is: the presence of absence. It is a longing for someone or something that you remember fondly but know you can never experience again. It is an awareness of the absence of a person or thing, which puts you in a deep emotional state of sadness. The presence of absence grapples with those who should be here but aren’t. It is a form of homesickness and deep yearning. You are among thousands of people but none is the one you want to be by your side. Saudade is the moment you realize how important people are in your life and the moments you have taken for granted."

Angie Brown and fireflydancing like this.
  4. Shiriya

Shiriya Senior Member

Welcome! And thank you for sharing. Saudade does seem like a beautiful word. Short and sweet, but conveys a thousand emotions.

Angie Brown likes this.
  5. Enyxis

Enyxis New Member

Yes, I am yearning for someone. Yes, I deeply miss her.

Angie Brown likes this.
  6. coral

coral Active Member

Music has always had a weird impact on me but now I realize that I understand differently some songs I loved when I was a teenager. At that time I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics and when I hear them now, they have so much link to my previous PL. Just to mention a few :

- "Winter" by Tori Amos
    - "Fields of gold" by Sting

These two songs reminds me so much of my previous dad in the PL I discovered during my regression. I had the blessing of hearing the "Fields of gold" when I was in the car visiting the place where I lived as a previous child. I started to cry and smile as the same time. It was such a great tribute to this man who loved her eldest daughter so much :)

Angie Brown likes this.
  7. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 Active Member

It happens every day.
    Two years ago, through regressive hypnosis, I remembered a very happy past life.
    I miss the people I loved in that past life, every time I think about them I cry my eyes out.
    Those people aren't around now, and I'm losing hope to meet them again.

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. Stacy Swan

Stacy Swan Active Member

I can completely relate. I had a waking vision the other day that was from my life in Late 1400's England, but before I was King. It involved me playing some sort of stringed instrument and singing for a Lady whom would soon be my wife, Anne Neville, while in the midst of a fantastically beautiful ancient grove. It appeared to be Spring, the scenery was absolutely gorgeous, with such rich colors. I could hear the sounds of many different birds, singing and I could smell the fragrances of many blooming flowers mixed with an earthiness. I laid a cloak on the ground and encouraged her to join me. We talked for a little while sitting there and then we both reclined and I started kissing her. I remember her long strawberry blonde hair, the smile on her beautiful face, her laughter/voice and the smell of her skin and hair. It didn't take long for that to escalate. She was a very strong willed and independent woman, which I found very exciting. It was a very tender, gentle love being shared and considering what she had recently been put through before that...I knew to be caring and show some restraint in what I did with her. It was such a moving, touching scene, so lovely and intoxicating. Goodness, we were both SO young in this vision, we both appeared to only be in our teens!

I actually got very melancholy after I saw that and actually started shedding tears afterwards. I could feel my heart strings pulling. The vision was so lovely and surreal. I could have just lingered there for an age and forever. I didn't want it to end. I would LOVE to know where in England this beautiful grove was, that we were in. I know in my heart that it probably, sadly, no longer exists. It looked so magical. The trees were SO huge, old and moss covered. I know there was water to the right of us, just out of sight of the path we were on.

9. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I've honestly felt this way as long as I can remember, just an incredible sense of longing and love, of someone missing from my life. I always felt I'd lost a sweetheart in the Great War, that I'd been left behind and I'd waited and they'd never come back. I used to wonder if the sense of loss was just due to the lack of having any siblings, I had a happy childhood but I suppose it was a little lonely in its way. I used to long for that sweetheart, I'd cry and feel broken but also feel the joy of knowing real love. I know now that I won't meet him again in this life, he isn't here. I've mourned him and addressed my feelings and that pain has healed dramatically.

The life I've felt closest to in the past five years or so is a life in 16th century France. I know I had a father and a sister and I miss them terribly, I feel as though they ARE out there in the world but I don't know where to find them - and that's so sad and frustrating. I thought I'd found my sister but now I'm not so sure. I long for our house and our land and I long for all the things I didn't get the chance to experience because my life was cut short, mostly the dances! I just got back from a trip to France and, as always, I spent the entire time scanning the landscape for something I recognised, but, just like my sweetheart, I feel that any landmarks were probably taken from me by the war.

Angie Brown likes this.
  10. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I know from experience it isn't easy. One of the things we have to learn 'to let go'. I mostly have, of those from pl's but am not sure if i'll be able to easily let go of my now adult offspring this time. I always seem to have great difficulty letting go of offspring, but also had difficulty letting go of my greatest love, Stanley from the life where my name was Joy. I seem to have managed it now, after decades in this life.

Learning to let go is important, even though oh so very difficult with two steps forward and one step back in the process.

11. Angie Brown

It is an overwhelming relief to find others who remember, isn't it? At least it was for me. I cried tears of relief when a few years ago there was a tv documentary about the Druz and their belief in it. My father believed because he had a memory, but I had rarely found anyone else who did. Watching about the Druz, a whole community, was a relief that I wasn't among less than a handful. On here, it is even better because we can discuss and share :)

Isacosmo, KenJ and briski like this.
  12. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Hi, lately I've been having feelings of missing love that I really need to talk here about. Lately I've been getting this memory of being a young girl in a past life and my mother holding me lovingly as I'm crying. I seem to miss my mother from my past life so much and I wish my mother in this life could be that loving and caring.

Angie Brown likes this.
  13. Angie Brown

Have there been any other memories of that time? Era? Clothes? Names? Furniture? Type of lighting? Language? Other people?

14. GalaxyDreamer90

The only other memory I have from that lifetime is being much older about 20 and walking through the forest alone in what seems to be a white flowing dress. I seem so happy and calm as I walk through the forest.

15. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Banned by Moderators

i dont know but sometimes at night i think of medieval times i feel like i wanna cry sometimes

16. GalaxyDreamer90

Yeah, I can understand. When I think about the forest I get depressed sometimes because I can't be there again.

WhiteRose likes this.
  17. Angie Brown

Do you get along ok with your mum in this life? Can you talk to her about this?

18. GalaxyDreamer90

I sort of get along with my mom in this life. She doesn't exactly believe it when I tell her about my past life, but I told her I would like more affection from her.

Angie Brown likes this.
  19. Ileana

Ileana Member

I do have a yearning for many things, most of all people I once were close with or shared a bond. Since sometimes I remember the bond I used to have with them and how strong it used to be, does not matter if it was a sibling, friend or lover. Some I still have connections to and it makes me happy to share things that even if one is who one is today, the bond might still be there just maybe not in the same way today as it was back then. But even a long for familiar rooms or decorations that reminds me of my past life. But also objects that remind me of the past all from books to small objects that remind me of the past.

I guess it has mostly that I love to collect on things that are familiar to me.

20. Angie Brown

Do you have Gran's or Aunts who are close by, who you have a good relationship? Maybe you have tried being the one to initiate hugs with your mum?

21. GalaxyDreamer90

No I have no family near by and I don't get along with my family anyway.

22. Angie Brown

Do you think your pl memory may have come up because of your family in this life? I know how it is to not get along too well with family. It can leave us feeling a bit 'cut loose' and even lonely.
    If you can find a way to resolve in yourself the lack of affection from your family, even only partly, it could help. I am not trying to be trite when I ask if you have a pet? Maybe you aren't keen on animals, or haven't the lifestyle, time or type of home to accomodate them. Not the same as a human, I know, but those who do have a pet are often at least a bit more 'filled', not quite so 'empty'.

23. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

[Dusting off another old thread.]

I have recently come to discover a PL husband, and I am finding myself yearning for him at times. My ring finger itches for the band that used to sit on it [I am currently unwed and single in this life]. He was torn from me after a very brief courtship and honeymoon, sent back to continue fighting. We spent little time together during our PL, though we managed to marry and have a daughter, as he was killed in '42. I was executed in a concentration camp at the start of '45. Reading passages from relevant books brings a sting of tears, like how much his death hurt and how much love there was, and the urge to stop for the time being.

It is a recent discovery, and I am probably slowly unlocking everything. Starting with the strongest memories, of that whirlwind romance that ended in tragedy.

tanker likes this.
  24. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

Today, I find myself missing Harry, a companion from my past life. He quite apparently loved her [I still refer to my past self as a different entity to myself - to separate the two lives] and there was something of a bond, a connection, but he came to her at the wrong time in that life. She had recently become a widow and a mother, and so she was not looking for a second love. But, reading his biography and excerpts from some of hers, there was an adoration that was never resolved. And, though he married later, it would seem as though he never quite got over his time during the war and the people he had met, loved, and lost.

I wish I could find him in this life, but something tells me that I won't. Something is telling me that it's Harry that I've been sensing around me, instead of my past-life husband. It would make some sense, considering more time was spent in Harry's company. He's either come around again and gone once more, or he has yet to reincarnate. The life he had, I wouldn't be surprised if his soul is still resting. It took some 44 years for my soul to return and, while she went through Hell, it would seem that Harry suffered worse. He lived with the memories, the ghosts, the 'guilt'.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  25. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Maybe you have met him in a PL. Or attended a music event where he was performing. The latter probably would be enough. Or maybe, you were studying music in a PL or kissed your love for the first time while Mozart was playing in the background. Who knows...

WhiteRose likes this.
  26. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Constantly. I have found a couple of them in this life, though. People I knew and loved in the befores. I have missed things, too. My sword, my revolver, my Luger, my dagger, my armor... Walking around in just modern clothes and unarmed has been and still is completely unnatural to me. I cannot get used to it despite having lived most of this life that way.

27. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Yeah, I find it hard to adjust to these modern clothes myself. Don't they look weird? And they aren't always comfortable either.

Ritter likes this.
  28. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Yeah. Not to mention the pants! The modern pants aren't on the actual waist, but halfway down the buttocks. And they are far too tight. Not nice. I only wear military pants. They aren't panzerhosen, but they'll do. There are some things I will not do for fashion. Real pants... I would do anything for real pants to be fashionable or even socially acceptable again. I have a real and serious hatred for jeans and similar pants. No pockets, too tight, you can't move all too well in them and they become impossible when you sweat.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  29. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Rather than missing someone I miss home wherever that happens to be and there is separation that is painful at times as being in society of today is isolating in ways many are all too aware of.

Ritter likes this.
  30. 1892214

1892214 New Member

This entire thread gives me hope that I'm not the only one. Relating to crying, missing, turning around and wondering where someone is... only to remember that they aren't there. You've never met them. Here, now, they might not even exist.