• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Does anyone remember having a past life memory in a past life?

asetneferankh

Senior Registered
Have any of you evolved souls remembered a past life where, in that life, you had a memory of another past life? I haven't, but I'm curious what the experience would be like.

*S*S*S

Yes...it's like a memory within a memory and usually a common thread runs through them both........ I can only liken my experience to a hologram -- and an expanded state of knowing. I'll see if I can explain it better -later today.

That's me. In my most recent past life, I remembered at least one past life.

It kind of sucked, because at that time, reincarnation was a practically unheard of belief in the West. My friends and associates thought I was rather a nutbag because of my belief in not only having had a past life, but a "famous" past life.

Okay, so he was only famous to the people in the town where he was buried and a few die-hard historians. But still, a person who was a footnote in a history book. And, yes, the attitude towards my claim was pretty much the same as what we've seen here on the multiple 'famous past lives' threads. They didn't believe me, they just thought I was nuts.

Looking back, I did a lot of things that were considered very bizarre at the time to connect with those past life memories.

Experimenting with hypnotism. Visiting the grave site of my past life self. Searching for information and artifacts of the period. Dressing up in clothes of the period during which he lived.

Nowadays that sort of behavior is pretty common. Having past-life hypnotic regression, studying one's past life self, an interest in their particular time period, collecting relics (or copies of relics) of the time, and historical re-enactment.

The ironic part: re-connecting with people I knew in my most recent past life who thought I was nuts back in the day. In their new lives, now experiencing memories of their own past lives, they have come to believe in reincarnation.

The only past life i rememeber is passing as a young child from drowning. I only remember visuals and no sounds but thats about all - doing research on more 'past life experiences' maybe i'll remember something?

I need a appointment with Silvia Brown lol

No, I've only had a few brief glimpses and that wasn't part of them. However, in one glimpse I think I was a Celtic priest, and so by inference I would have known about reincarnation. The idea came so easily and naturally to me when I was first introduced to it around age 19, that I'm sure I must have studied it before. Actually ever since childhood I have had the feeling that there is another lifetime, more recent (in England? America?) where I lost a spouse, went somewhat off the beam in the depth of my grief, and studied a lot of metaphysics to try to resolve that whole issue. But I don't know that remembering any past lives was a part of that. I do think that whatever you study in one life, comes to you easily in subsequent lives.

My past life brother recalls that one of our friends thought that he had been a sea captain during the the late 1600's. The funny thing is that presently, we ran into the same guy and he is doing re-enactment as a pirate! He doesn't remember last life time too clearly, he thinks he was me, but the sea Captain theme has really stayed with the guy.

Rittmeister

Hi everyone,

It has been awile since I have been on this forum. My spiritual journeys have taken me elswhere...

Anyway, I did have had a similar thing going on. I had a dream about a past life and in that dream I remembered another earlier life.

I was in Egypt around 1300BC. in a temple an there were black magic rituals going on with configurations of sacred geometry. (I also met a vampire there) As I saw the ritual I told my companions that I knew these configrations from a former life when a was in a temple where we used almost the same configurations in a positive way in our rituals for the Sun. I was laughing about it because they did not really give the same results as in our Sun rituals. They had made the geometry more complicated as a result of which it had weakened in power. Another beautiful example of the Light being stronger than the Darkness...

I don't remember exactly having memories of past lives in past lives, but I kept going west in each one. I boarded a ship for the New World in the 1600's, ran west across the US during the Civil War, and then came to the US from Norway to study around 1950. In this life, I'm from California, and now I'm east in Pennsylvania for college :)

Re: Does anyone remember having a past life memory in a past life?

My mother told me that one I was yonger I was playing in the living room and I, out of the clear blue, told her that I had died before. I told her I used to be a man and I wrecked my car and died. Well when she told me this I was freaked out. I thought well how bizzar!! Anyway after a while I started having these dreams of me dying in a car several times a week. Then one night when I had the dream it was familar. I was driving down a road and I hit either another car or maybe a tree, (it wasn't clear), and I remember hiting my head on the wind shield, or dashboard. I got knocked out for a good while and I awoke to the sound of sirens and I remember seeing lots of people and a ambulance. I tried to move but it was useless considering I was beaten up bad by the wreck. I remember seeing blood eveywhere, but I remember feeling comfortable. I wasn't scared or hurting. I felt fine. A man told me I was going to be just fine and that I was already taken care of. The dream made me remember my past life as a young man who died in a car accident. I have dejavu every now and then but now dreams of me being killed by a car are much clearer to me, and I understand them.:)

A few examples

I have been meaning to get back to this thread. Sorry to be so long. As I stated in an earlier post -the best I can do to describe it logically -- is peeking through the veils of time and into -- the hologram -where consciousness enters another time -another place.

One example
- I was in mediation and remembering I was in the temples of Ancient Egypt. I was being instructed about inner light and I was to go into the light and look inward at my soul. I was looking into the future and the lives that I would have. I was aware of a "troubled heart" in many of them.

As I viewed them I was suddenly sucked into one. Consciousness enfolded unto itself by way of the light - and suddenly -I was there. It was about 350 BC. I was in China, I was a man, about 5'6" tall and I was very upset about something that had happened. I didn't stay long...........

Then I was back in the temples. I walked outside and through a walkway which had pillars on each side in a row running about 50 yards. Each of these pillars were about a hundred feet high. They were gigantic. I was looking up at the night sky and marveling in the beauty of the stars and the moon. I felt so whole, so complete.

As I walked I shifted my consciousness again -this time to 1640 in England - my name was Kayln. He/I was only about eight or nine. I was running up a hill, the breezes where blowing. When I reached the crest of the hill top I could see the ocean. I put my arms out to fly with the wind and I spun in a circle as my spirit seemed to embrace a much larger totality of being than I was consciously able to comprehend at that time and at that age. My mother came up next to me, in her long green skirt and bluish apron. I was reached for the side of her apron and we watched the ships come in from the sea.

Suddenly I was back in Egypt -aware of both lives -the feelings, thoughts and emotions - from both lives merged as one.

Hi Deborah,

It's very interesting that you 'see' all this, I bet you're very experienced in meditation. May I ask what meditation techniques you use?
I use one to clear my mind: sitting, breating and concentrating,
and a second one to analyse emotions, thoughts and visions, then I just sit and watch.
But I'm not good at the last one, I need a better techinique to observe and to analyse, that's why I'm so interested in the techniques other people use.

Curious Girl.

*S*S*S

Hi Curious girl,

You know -I have been meaning to comment; I appreciate your posts -your grounded approach and your inquisitive mind! Kudos!

About meditation -I use William Buhlman's "OM" CD which uses specific sounds that create binaural beats. They help to achieve an altered state quickly. Tibetan Bells, or tingas create perfect binaural beats. Tingas are two chimes connected by a string, each chime is tuned to its own frequency, and when the chimes are struck together, a binaural beat is formed. This type of brain synchronization brings the left and the right hemispheres of the brain together, and has been used by many cultures and for many centuries.

I always lay down to mediate, rapid eye movements happen in seconds -my breath all but stops...and the body becomes very cold. (I use blankets to keep warm -even in the summer.)
I usually am in a deep altered state within a few minutes -inner light in spontaneous and intense -I enter my consciousness into the light via the sixth chakra (third eye) and bring it down and together with the heart chakra. The merging of these two centers -lead the way. ;)

That Sounds so Cool!!!! I should try it that way so I can see things better. See when I use lite hypnosois the spirits that are drawn to me,come and show me there lives. I very rearly see any thing from My own. Thats some thing I should use music and lay on my back, Insted of sitting in a chair and counting back from five and go in to the trance.

Thanks for the compliment, Deborah :)

You talk about meditation like something that 'just happens', I really have to do my best to stay focussed, even when I'm quite relaxed. But I read in one of your other posts that you remember a lot of deep meditation techniques from some of your previous lives and that's why it comes naturally to you. At least that's my impression. The thing that I want to achieve with meditation is to see clearer, to seperate my (too lively) fantasy from the real thing, something that's also very important for people with psychic abilities, so they know what they see.

That's why I'm so interested in your posts, your sensing and understanding are integrated, it intrigues me, because it looks so balanced. Anyway, I shall see if I can find the OM CD you wrote about.

Thanks for sharing :)

Curious Girl.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Hi Curious Girl,

You have a point -it does - just happen for me. Thank you for reminding me I need to explain myself better. Your best focus -your best intention is your expression of integration -grounding..and being aware of the differences between imagination and true visions.

Try the "OM" CD -focus your intention (or ask a question)-look for inner light -and let go. It's when you let go -and enter the light that the clearest of visions appear.

Another suggestion - do you know someone that would be willing to do a mediation with you? Validation -via shared experiences is another fascinating route.

One more thought -visions are not 'outside' of you - but within.
Go to your center -your heart and be aware from there. ;)

Hi Deborah,

For most people meditation is hard working, certainly in the beginning, I already know the basics so that's at least something. But I have to practize a lot to get good results.
I bet your technique isn't that simple as you write it down, yes it's simple when it happens but not to get there.

The difference between you in me is that you're the professor who read thousands of books and I'm the pupil who's still busy learning the alphabet and who wonders: am I ever able to read all those books? But of course you say: once you know it's so easy :)

Curious Girl.

Hallo my name is Tender Flower and i have just joined today.
I have memories of a past life were i wore a black cape which
had a very large hood and black laced up boots and i was walking on cobble stones, i was a women , i couldnt see my face, but i was taller than i am in this incarnation ( almost small almost
5 foot now). I was alone walking and feeling quite peaceful.
There were stone buildings on each side of me.
The second life i can remember my name was Sarah and there was a Richard and Charles in my life. I can see my grave, its very old with grass over grown and like a childs play pen made of
old black iron and its all rusted, the graveyard is very old. The feeling doesnt scar me at all, after all its just my body or shell that is buried there. I feel as if i am searching for Richard or Charles in this life time , but without luck. I feel very strongly he is in this life time and i feel his presance and i feel he is searching for me as well, i know my heart will not be complete without him,
or without the other half of my soul.
So thats me guys, hope to speak with you soon.
Have a sweet day and may you find happiness
with love
Tender Flower

Hello there Tender Flower

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting past life memories and feelings you have there, I look forward to reading a lot more about them and you in future posts :)

And how!

I originally posted about this in the Russian Past Lives thread, but figured I mention it here...

About two lives ago, I was a Napoleonic Cavalryman who ran around with a lot of esoterically minded people. My/our best friend was Victoire Massena, later the Comtesse Reille, who had a remarkable hand for drawing horoscopes, among her many talents. Our group of friends was big into reincarnation, and many of us traced lives going back to Alexander's time-- I recall that I believed, and still do, I was a Macedonian Companion called Leonotos or Leonidas, then.

The most poignant memory connected with that however is when I got to Moscow, with my Cavalry unit. I remember being immediately struck with the feeling that I was /home/, and everything seemed so familiar to me... I knew that the pesants were going to burn us out before it happened, (not that anyone listened to the mad capitane!) and afterward, was known to grumble about never underestimating the Russian Pesantry. I would have bothered Ney about it-- he, at least, would have believed me-- but he was a bit preoccupied at the time. I didn't get a chance to talk fully about the experience until I got home and could chat with Victoire again.

Lochinvar,

You were in the Napoleonic cavalry?!? I know another who lived during that time. Would you like to be introduced to another Napoleonic soldier?

Rittmeister

Re: A few examples

In ancient Greece, of course reincarnation was a prevailing belief then, but at least once I had gone to Mt. Olympus and the sight of this big snowy peak reminded me of something. Felt both familiar and strange at the same time. Now I know that before Greece was my first life when I lived in the mountains, and since I hadn't lived on Earth before it seemed strange. Then in my most recent past life I visited a snow covered mountain and that triggered the same memory, but it didn't occur to me then to get into the memory to see what it is.

Originally posted by Deborah
Suddenly I was back in Egypt -aware of both lives -the feelings, thoughts and emotions - from both lives merged as one.

Fascinating - are you saying in Egypt you were aware of what was then a future life?

one past life inspired another

Yes... well, not exactly... what I mean is, I didn't remember it in a conscious way, because I didn't believe in reincarnation nor think about it much at all at the time. If I remembered it, it was with fondness and joy about certain things that showed up in art (movies, song). I didn't worry at all about where those tastes of mine came from, I was so hungry for any kind of happiness I could get, and those were pure happinesses-- and still are. No shames, no others' tastes, no extremely traumatic memories or loss-feelings associated with them. My form at the time was partially designed based on the tastes of the incarnation that still gives me these pleasant experiences. I felt something from the future, also. I saw and experienced clear eye contact and soul-contact with a Canada goose (gander, rather) going by north on the ocean. I knew... something. I was mesmerized by the gander. Two of his lives later (and one of mine) he is my husband in this life.

Also... A woodcutting the first human incarnation of mine saw on a wall in someone's home gave him glimpses of this all being one continuous thing. He couldn't dwell or think on it though, given the type of mind / brain he had. Half a man's face (perhaps it was meant to show a whole man, with his head turned sideways, and some of the cutting left unfinished, but the result came out that way). Half-faces have been a strong theme in my life/lives. That incarnation sensed something from that, but couldn't really say articulately that it meant anything to him. It was puzzling and frustrating for him to try to think on it.

This is a current topic in another thread. However, this older thread might be useful for discussions.

I'm not sure if this was a pastlife memory within a pastlife memory. Past life memories are often identified by the intense emotion that comes with it. I regressed myself once and without going into too much detail, I was 'in' the body of a previous incarnation and I found myself exploring the ruins of an old building. It's difficult to put into words but the emotion from that particular scene didn't seem to affect my present self in the way that it affected my past life self. It was almost as if I (in the now) was 'remembering' the emotion, but not 'feeling' it .... there was an intense feeling (within the memory) that I had lived, or stayed in that building before, but maybe not in that lifetime. There was a lot of sadness coming from within that body. Now whether I had been there before in that incarnation, or in a previous incarnation before that, I don't know, but that certainly felt like what I imagine a pastlife memory within a pastlife memory feels like......I hope I worded that in a way that makes sense ~ : angel

Back