Does anyone remember their favorite foods?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Klaud, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

A little while ago, I had a pretty clear image of myself in England almost 400 years ago enjoying a small loaf of sourdough bread, which was one of my favorite foods then. I could practically taste the smoke from the oven it was cooked in and it was phenomenal.

Any foods you remember not liking are welcome too!

I currently have fresh kaiser rolls in the pantry and I've been thinking about eating all of them for the last 45 minutes :D

SeekerOfKnowledge and Speedwell like this.
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

What a wonderful idea for a thread! Wish I would remember more...

3. Natara perry

Natara perry TudorRose

Klaud, I loved meat, pies, fruit, bread and wine the most. Also I remember sweet pastries.

Klaud likes this.
  4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

If you ever remember, I'd love to hear them!

Natara perry likes this.
  5. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

What kind of pastries? Too curious not to ask.

I can vividly remember fruit as well although they seemed much sweeter then. Grapes are always the ones that get me lol

Natara perry likes this.
  6. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Might be fantasy or something I read in a book, but first thing that came to mind was some very hard, dark bread, some almost tasteless small salty fish and something that tasted a bit like you would mix a bit of root beer with a lot of stale water. You had to dip the bread in if you wanted to keep your teeth. Whether I was poor, a monk, a prisoner or there were other reasons why I didn't get anything better, if I ever ate this then definitely not because I liked it...

Marlee / Anna, Klaud and Natara perry like this.
  7. Natara perry

Natara perry TudorRose

I remember honey cakes, tarts (Strawberry in particular), little biscuit based ones and a savoury tart with mushrooms. I liked fish (still do but feel guilty eating it today) Mince pies at Christmas/Yuletide except if I remember, it was meat then in the filling and not the fruit.

Klaud likes this.
  8. Natara perry

Natara perry TudorRose

The bread was a lot tastier and chewier in those days. If chewier is a word in the English language, I can’t describe it any other way lol.

9. Natara perry

Natara perry TudorRose

Something about wine last night. It was running low or something. But, I could taste it on my lips and it was nothing like the wine in the supermarkets. Malmsey wine, delicious. (A recall) I’m surprised this came through too lol

Klaud likes this.
  10. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Not necessarily favourite. But simply the sense of smell is very evocative. I tasted on several occasions a particular type of French cheese, and it left me disinterested. But one time a friend suggested I try it again, because it was his favourite. For some reason, on that occasion I 'got it'. Cheese is temperamental stuff and modern production methods and standards can tend towards minimising the particular aspects which give rise to the richness of flavour and aroma. Later I bought some for myself and just opened up the wrapping, cut a slice and inhaled the pungent smell. It transported me to an old stone farmhouse in a village somewhere, I could picture the place where it would traditionally have been made and eaten.

11. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Fruits. At that time of 1600, I think. The fruits of the present time have a different taste, acid, artificial. I miss the natural flavor, that's why I try to buy sweet fruits, because they remind me of the fruits of that time.

Now I'm vegan, but in a past life I liked fried fish. It was my favorite food. I have a past life on another planet. I remember a yellow fruit with pink strokes. My vision is so hazy when I try to see something else in hypnosis, but I remember that fruit was sour and beautifully delicious. I would pay millions to eat that fruit again.

In another life where I was a street kid, I liked bread with cheese and ham. I would arrive at church at nine in the morning and the nun would give me milk or bread with cheese.

Now I can't eat milk, cheese, animals or seafood, however, I feel a lot of nostalgia because I know that in my past lives I enjoyed eating those things.:D

Natara perry and Klaud like this.
  12. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Butter! Bread and butter. The butter was like a treat. I remember churning it in the barn and loving the results afterward. Of course it was rationed out to last but yummy.

Natara perry and Klaud like this.
  13. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

i think it would stand to reason that since were more or less one continuous person, at least in a recent life, our preferences should carry over as well, for food, music ect. Even more so if a person has access to them in their current lives as well.

I love Chinese steamed buns, especially red bean ones. Since they were introduced to me by my friend, I've always eaten them and I've since read that they were indeed my favorite.

Klaud likes this.
  14. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

That bread sounds like it could be hardtack, or some form of it.

Marlee / Anna likes this.
  15. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Absolutely. It would definitely explain my odd love of gamelan music.

Red beans are amazing!

16. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Can I ask what planet that was? If you don't mind sharing, that is.

17. glia21

glia21 Explorer

My favorite food is not really unusual but what´s interesting is the difference between mine and my family`s taste. I like chicken, Burgers, coleslaw … and especially thai food. With the coleslaw, I find it difficult to get one that matches what I think it should taste like. I did get it only once in my whole life. Don´t know what it is that makes the difference. There also was some food my mom and grandmother used to cook/make regularly and I just never got used to it, like the pumpkin seed oil they put in the pumpkin soup for example.

Klaud likes this.
  18. Marlee / Anna

Marlee / Anna Member

I remember absolutely loving baked goods, corn, and oatmeal. I hated nothing, probably because I was starving most of the time and would take anything I was given.
    ;)

19. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I feel you. Can't really afford to be picky when you're starving. Oatmeal is pretty delicious

Grel likes this.
  20. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Not sure if a favourite, but I remember brazilian chocolate. You can't go wrong with chocolate.

Grel, Klaud and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.