does anyone wish they had never known a past life?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by tanker, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I wonder if anyone feels like me. At the moment I'm wishing I'd never known about my past life, wishing I could just reject it all, as it's causing me too much grief.

There seems no answer to all the problems it causes, all the anguish it causes, and trying to deal with so much of it on my own.

I would not have raised this question before. Previously I thought that the interest of finding out about it and the pleasure of finding others to share it with made it worthwhile, but have to admit that at present the whole thing is probably doing more harm than good. I'm wishing I'd never heard of reincarnation.

Does anyone else feel this way?

inhaltslos likes this.
  2. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Pretty much every day tanker, but then I've always innately known about Terry & you can't take away what has been there all along. But yep, very much get your feelings. It's actually like being a war veteran -- you've got that experience for life, you can't ever get away from it, it's there every single moment even if you try to bury it, it changes you from the average Joe and now only people who've gone through the same thing as you can understand you. I guess we need to deal with the pain & unresolved feelings for it to become less of a burden.

tanker likes this.
  3. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

I'm absolutely not curious about my past lives, so I'm glad I've never done any regression to find out about them. I just want to live and enjoy my actual life to an end, and then, if there is such a thing like reincarnation, I'll be able to remember it all at once and in very different circumstances; I've been told it will be like recovering from a very long sleep (or nightmare).
    Now I can only guess what my previous life was like, and I agree with you that knowing it for sure would not solve any actual problems of mine, but only add new ones, and quite unnecessary. The amnesia imposed upon our past lives is a great and wise thing.

tanker likes this.
  4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

'Pretty much every day tanker, but then I've always innately known about Terry & you can't take away what has been there all along. But yep, very much get your feelings. It's actually like being a war veteran -- you've got that experience for life, you can't ever get away from it, it's there every single moment even if you try to bury it, it changes you from the average Joe and now only people who've gone through the same thing as you can understand you. I guess we need to deal with the pain & unresolved feelings for it to become less of a burden.'

Absolutely right, landsend. I always describe myself as a war veteran - it's far too immediate to be in the past. There have been times when I've been glad of it, but right now I'm wishing I'd never heard of it and am wondering if re-burial might be a good idea. Or there's always permanent deletion, of course.

5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I think that's an eminently sensible idea, Cyrus. Don't go there unless you have to. Curiosity killed the cat. However, for some of us, the memories have imposed themselves in early childhood (I was three) when we have no conscious choice in the matter. We're forced to live with them.

As a matter of curiosity, why are you interested in the forum, not wanting to know your past lives? Is it the subject that interests you?

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

I have doubts on whether reincarnation really exists, so I go to this forum to get convinced it does. I like it very much here.

And, Tanker, I, too, had some glimpses of what might be visions of my past life when I was some 5-6 years old. I remembered things that might not have happened to me at that age. Some of them were even of a very sexual nature, impossible in a child of such an age. I wouldn't know how to interpret them if not through past life concepts.

tanker likes this.
  7. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

That's interesting ... I had memories of a sexual nature when I was three, obviously didn't know how to interpret them in words at that age, but they were real memories I understood later.

And if reincarnation doesn't exist, why on earth would we choose to put ourselves through all this anguish with all these memories that can often be verified?

And I'm glad you like it here, and hope it gives you food for thought.

8. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

It’s complicated for me. I kind of wish I’d never known about it, but at the same time I feel like it’s something that has to be done. I don’t know the reason for that.. it’s all very odd. Things become more confusing daily.

I’m sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling regarding all this lately. Feeling that sharing it all with others would help, but now it’s done the opposite.
    Take care

tanker likes this.
  9. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I feel the same way. When I had my past life regression almost a year ago I ended up really depressed and angry afterward. Now I seem to just want to forget about it and focus more on my future especially in this life.

tanker likes this.
  10. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks for your reply. Do you find you're able to forget? Doesn't it intrude into your present life at all?

11. GalaxyDreamer90

I'm not able to forget the memories, but I ignore them now when they come up and dont obsesses over them anymore now I'm more obsessed with my future. It helps that I'm able to see the future sometimes mostly in dreams.

12. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Good that you're able to do that. Wishing you all the best.

13. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

My past life memories have had the effect that they made me want to focus on the present, namely who I am now, how I ended up in this situation and where I want to go with the knowledge I now have. It really wasn’t only facing Terry, but facing who I am now. Facing myself is as bad as facing Terry’s memories.

I’ve often said the same as you tanker despite that — but we are here now to deal with it whether we like it or not. Have you asked yourself the question of why you recall your memories? Is there be anything you could do which would help put the memory of that life to rest, even if it is symbolic?

I have a sort of plan of action which includes visiting America, possibly Vietnam and the old Soviet States. We will see if it ever materialises but just having that plan helps me feel I can put Terry to rest and hopefully have his memory live through me.

tanker likes this.
  14. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I have no idea about any of it right now. I'm just not getting the help I need, although I don't even know what it is I need. I'm just sick of it all.

I'll send you a PM.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  15. GalaxyDreamer90

I would say if you can find someone you can openly talk to about past lives. That's why I'm glad I found this site shortly after my past life regression. It has helped me being here and talking to all of you. Aldo remember that the past is the past and we shouldn't obsess over who we were in the past but instead who we are now and who we want to be in the future. Of course it might be hard to focus on the future when you cant foresee it like I can sometimes. I wish I could send you a message but for some reason I can only receive them. If you can try messaging me here.

tanker likes this.
  16. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks very much, I'll do that. I have openly talked to one or two people about the past, that's not really the problem.

17. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I don't look at all the terrible things of the past like that. I take the terrible for granted, it does not matter. The things that matter are the good things that happened and all the good people one has met. Death and pain do not matter, in the long run. They are as temporary as a belly ache or a cold. Even the things that are seemingly overwhelming in the moment will soon pass, in the grand scheme of things. Being traumatized is a lack of perspective. If it does not matter to you, unless one assigns significance to it, one can shrug it off like yesterday's snow.

Moreover, what is death when one knows what comes next and what waits at the end of the soul's journey? Death is lighter than a feather. It is nothing, and not to be feared, but loved. Death is peace, for a time or forever.

The one thing I do feel is missing certain people of my past. There are many whom I wish I could meet again.

Could I have done more than I did in my lives? Not really. Things like that are not worth dwelling on. What matters is this life, how you live and how you die.

Earth is not to prefer over death. Earth is chaos, pain, suffering, injustice and everything bad you can think of. It also holds good. But it can never match the afterlife, which is perfect. One should not fear going home. Everyone does to some degree. I do, too. Do I doubt? At times. But they are becoming rarer the more I see. I expect to long for it before my due date comes along.

Am I vengeful? It depends. I certainly do dislike and I have a memory like an elephant. Not for what has happened to me personally. Those people are all dead and likely not reborn. I am not in the mood to hunt and kill Englishmen because the English were my main enemies for many livrs. That or some other idiocy. I am and always will be an idealist, however. People who belligerently stand in the way of my vision had better move out of it. I am not sure that qualifies as vengeful. I feel fairly practical about it.

I feel that maybe my view is not the best for human happiness. Especially being an idealist is often times painful, when the world does not seem to want to change and when it assaults and tears down what you want to build in it. Then again, I would not change much if I were to do it all again. To say I regret nothing would be a lie, but it is by no means a lot. A couple of things do come to mind.

Then again, dwelling on past pains and aches as modern people are wont to do seems much more negative than shrugging it off. So my advice is to regard it as a matter of course and to not assign it any worth or attention. Accept reality and move on. Take care of the living and do what you can instead of what you can't. Might sound like a bad cliché out of some self-help book, but it works.

tanker likes this.
  18. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I've had moments where I wished I hadn't seen what my past selves did (I spent one as a brutal man who did some truly horrible things), but I don't regret seeing the lives themselves. I'll admit it's been very challenging emotionally, but I'd like to think I've learned from their mistakes and bad habits and hopefully will continue to do so.

Facing that grief and anguish might be more helpful than you know, but you probably shouldn't try to do it on your own.

tanker likes this.
  19. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I have gotten through many tough spots by telling myself the truth - "it only has the power that you give to it".

Ritter likes this.
  20. GalaxyDreamer90

What is the problem if I might ask. Also if you can PM me.

tanker likes this.