does anyone wish they had never known a past life?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by tanker, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'll do that, thanks, a bit later.

2. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think this is a normal feeling (and I know it well!). I believe it tends to cycle, though: so now you’re feeling low, it’ll subside. I promise.

tanker likes this.
  3. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm not really sure, at the moment. There are things I've chosen not to look at just yet, because I'm here on my own and don't have anyone at home to help out if I'm in trouble.

4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks for that, inhaltslos. I hope you're right.

5. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

This is why some souls choose to forget that it is easier not remembering than to carry the burdens of the past while for others they don't get much of a choice but to remember while others act out the past never knowing nor understanding why. Take it one day one moment at a time till the emotions of it all settles though be ready to accept that it may take some time be it short or be it years.

glia21 and tanker like this.
  6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, I find there's been no choice really. I haven't found any of it settling after a long lifetime, so far ...

7. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Haha, how long-winded I am. That laconic summary was immensely funny. But yes, that is pretty much what I meant.

tanker likes this.
  8. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

To be honest, yes, I wish I didn't know some things about my past lives, but at the same time I think knowing my past experiences has helped me.

Now I understand many things that before seemed incoherent to me.

Since I was a child I had an irrational fear of socks with holes in them. I discovered that in the life of Carl, an orphan boy who lived on the street, my socks were always with holes in them. This is a soft and simple example. I have past lives where I had horrible experiences.

Yes, I wish I didn't know some things, but my curiosity and desire to overcome fears, phobias, and pains makes me return again and again to past lives.

Kenz1010 and tanker like this.
  9. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Well there is reason for it that perhaps in part the point of your current life is deal with the past so that you come to terms and finally move on later in life. A large portion of the population wouldn't be able to deal with theirs head on so they have to work things out unknowingly over the coarse of multiple sometimes many lifetimes.

tanker likes this.
  10. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, I'm aware of unfinished business. I'd probably better get a move on instead of putting it off.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  11. sunflower

sunflower New Member

I've only regressed once so I don't remember many of my past lives but I think it's important to know them. I believe they help you grow in this life even if they bring you grief or pain. It might be something that you need to get past, a way to realize that you're life is in this moment. There's probably easier ways to learn that but... I don't know, it's just a thought.

12. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Hi, at times when one remembers bad memories and in my case the feeling that you left your kids by dying too young, but then no definitely not when one see the bigger picture; there is wisdom there underneath the surface. I think I am more of a secured person today than what I otherwise would have been. These days it feels like the pieces are falling into place. Once one have accepted reincarnation and not struggled with it things does make more sense; one also see both good and bad personality traits that one needs to work on.

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Only someone who has never been traumatised would say it stems from a lack of perspective Ritter. Sure, therapy can help to regain some perspective on trauma but the root of trauma is complete and utter powerlessness in the face of something. I've always felt empowered so when I felt powerlessness it hit me like a ton of bricks. Trauma isn't something to be taken lightly. Its not like a woman rejecting you that can simply be dealt with and got over IMO. It takes a lot more work than that.

Tourmaline, Sk17 and Speedwell like this.
  14. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Well yes, of course. Past lives are intrusive, it's hard to concentrate on current issues and be productive where instead you much rather brood about what happened 80 years ago. Is there any reason besides masochism to even ruminate (consciously, unconsciously, or both at the same time) about past life issues? It's like watching Der Untergang over and over and over again. You KNOW how it's going to end, you KNOW it doesn't end well, why even do it? Do we just enjoy torture? And what's even the point of talking about it, really? Misery loves company? Does acknowledging that you were a Nazi helps your current life in any way? What benefit can you even get in today's world from disclosing such a fact? Doesn't it sound like a bad idea in the first place?
    On a personal level, I' m sure that if we remember or feel the need to XYZ is for a reason, HOWEVER, from what I learnt in these last 13 years, it's not just about you. You don't know who is on the other side reading you, you don't know actually how much your "small actions online" can change other people's lives. Without going further, even by creating MPL we facilitated two people meeting and getting married. By sharing your experience you also may be alleviating someone else's suffering, someone else who may have been feeling depressed or lonely due to their unexplained unacknowledged "PL feelings". In a way, it is your duty to talk about these subjects if you remember past lives. You may not change the world, but you may change worlds. Someone else needs you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    fireflydancing and tanker like this.
  15. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Excellent reasons, Owl. It is my duty, and that's why I'm continuing to talk about it. And I can only hope it makes a difference to somebody out there. Doesn't make the eternal sadness any easier, though.

fireflydancing, Owl and Sk17 like this.