Does "Split Incarnation" occur in twins?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by gianlouiscolarina, Mar 6, 2018.

1. gianlouiscolarina

gianlouiscolarina New Member

Hello and good day. I just want to ask something about split incarnation. Does it occur in twins? Sharing one soul, but splitted into half?

Im writing a story about this topic. About a guy from the past life who reincarnated in the present time. The guy reincarnated with a twin brother (identical).

I was wondering, is it possible to have a twin brother with the same past life? same memory of one person from the past?

(sorry for my poor english hehehe.)

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum gianlouiscolarina, nothing wrong with your english; I'll try to answer what I understand about your question. There are many, perhaps most, that believe that the soul is singular and unable to divide, and others with various thoughts about how this could be. I think that we tend to think of everything as having a physical component so it is hard for a lot of people to imagine themselves as actually being a packet of energy. If we acknowledge that we are essentially energy then it is easier to recognize how it can be divided so that the soul could be divided into pieces so that part of it could remain behind while another part (a personality or Aspect) resides in a physical body. Most authors that I've read indicated that an Aspect has between 25-50% of the total energy while 50-75% remains behind. There are others that write about further splits where more than one Aspect (or personality) of a soul could exist; so that there could easily be two or more portions of one soul present on Earth in separate bodies with part remaining on the other side of the veil.

My personal opinion concerning the direction you are considering for a book is that, speaking only about my area of the US, it would be difficult to make it believable for most people even though it would be conceivable.

gianlouiscolarina likes this.
  3. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

If you're writing fiction anything is possible.

As KenJ said, there is even a theory out there that would allow you to explain it to some extent.

However, I don't think a soul with the capacity to divide its energy in this way would choose to be twins. The lives are too similar. Why bother? What would they benefit from the experience? I can understand why you'd want to write such a story, but it will be very hard to make it convincing.

gianlouiscolarina likes this.
  4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

There is this female twin on Youtube. They call themselves the psychic twins, or something like that. They claim to be the same soul that split into two bodies. The ladies enjoy to synchronize their movements and so on. They are fun to watch for one or two times. I don't know if their claim is 'true' or not and frankly I don't care. They make a living doing performances on stage, tell fortune to people.
    (And just the fact that they are able to talk in stereo doesn't mean their words have a higher value because I am not impressed by their so-called psychic abilities but I'll try to find a link to them to show you)

5. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

I've had 2 lives in 2 lifetimes (the 1930's and 1950's) where I have 2 past lives, having multiple lives in the same era was something that took some convincing as I ruled out those memories as being that of my, yup, twin brother but a few people that can read past lives as well as having paranormal 'gifts' (I can't call it a gift since I too can read someone's past life and communicate with the spirit world, it can be a curse)
    Anyway, my twin brother didn't live the same life that I did, far from it, he served in the German Army during WWII (I'll safe you the details as to what he's seen and done)

6. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Good point. Who knows? There are things one soul would choose that another would never consider. As long as their spirit's reasoning works in alignment with the lifetimes it chooses, the concept will work in-story.

7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

This is so funny, and they don't care about individuality: