Does the location of your death influence your next reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by TheSeeker, Oct 23, 2017.

1. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

So Seeker's original question was a little more involved than he/she suspected. Misty is right, of course, emotional attachment to certain people or a certain person in a particular place can influence where a deceased person (DP) eventually reincarnates. This goes to the Why question: Why do DPs reincarnate where they do, what are the factors that influence / determine where a DP reincarnates. I was a little more concerned with the How question: How do DPs reincarnate where they do, what conditions must be met before a DP reincarnates where they do. Does length of time between reincarnations play a role?

I don't think there was any prior emotional attachment between DP James Huston and the Leiningers when he spotted them on Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii, although it would be impossible to know for sure. But I don't think there was. Ditto for DP Marty Martin and the Hammons, in Muskogee (County), Oklahoma. Really hard to see a connection there.

I'm still concerned with the "How" part of the question, but it may also involve the "Why" part of the question in this case (as in Why do DPs reincarnate where they do?).

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Guy, I have no direct knowledge of the answer, but my thought would be that they where born where a member of their soul-group would be located (which is why I did not have a problem with Cathy's claim of being Lou's Mom). The concept of planning your life with others before being incarnated seems to be accepted by a majority of people, and it seems sensible to me.

Your question is at the opposite end of life from the one that has often perplexed me - how did all those people agree to die at the same time as in the atomic blasts in Japan, or the mass of humanity in the prison camps in WWII, or even in the Twin Towers in NY City, those are the things that have led me to question both the "planning" and the whole concept of reincarnation at times.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  3. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Now such an interesting question which am still pondering. As for myself have read Ian Stevenson's books and know about his thoughts on this matter. And interesting reading the replies here.

As for myself and this question, is not about where I died in the last life but several past lives previously and where I was born in this life. Now in three different past life regressions, I saw myself as a Cheyenne Native American Woman with two kids which died at the Sand Creek Massacre in eastern Colorado in 1864. In this present life, I was born in Denver, Colorado in 1956. But it seems there could have been several lives in between this in other various locations. But still I find these two lives with where I died previously as a Cheyenne Woman and where I was born in this life interesting.

For whatever it might be worth. Wishing Everyone the Best!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    somesurrealkid likes this.
  4. GuySittingintheStands

Ken, didn't mean to imply that I am completely sold on the idea of reincarnation. I'm just a regular guy looking for answers like a lot of other folks that visit this forum. That said, you'll have to admit that it's a pretty good explanation of some otherwise unexplainable observations. It just needs to be fleshed out (if you'll pardon the pun). I think most people who visit this forum would agree, however, we do survive physical death, in some form or another, despite the prevailing materialistic worldview. Your criticism of the popular idea (in some circles) that deceased persons (DPs) "choose" who they come back as, knowing what the next incarnation holds in store for them, is certainly valid. A commentor in reference to the Daily Mail online write-up/ review of Cathy Byrd's book raised the same objection: Who would want to come back into an impoverished and perhaps abusive family (Nobody!) and yet babies are born into impoverished and abusive families all the time. But maybe they (DPs), just like us, even having access to a lot more information about the future than we have on this side, still aren't provided with all the details of their future lives, just like we aren't provided with insights into our own future on this side. We see through a glass darkly. Maybe they do as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. Elisabeth of Hesse

Elisabeth of Hesse Elisabeth

I died at the spala hunting lodge (belonging to Tsar Nicholas II) in Russia (now Poland) and I was reborn as a girl in Oregon with a nearly similar birthday as my previous life.

6. MD14

MD14 Member

In my opinion, no. Unless your soul wants to go back there, then it would. But most likely it would choose somewhere else to incarnate.

7. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Active Member

No influence at all

8. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I go by the premise that even if we know who and what we were before, we don't know who and what we may be in the future. It gives a perspective on race and culture prejudice against other individuals.
    That isn't to say that we should not be loyal to the race and culture of our current life, but that the loyalty shouldn't lead to hatred of other people based upon no more than they being of a different but normal race or culture.

Not a specific answer, but a general one. From that I figure is that where we die and who and what as is unlikely to affect where we are maybe next born. Just imo.

I hope that helps :)

9. Quinton

Quinton New Member

In my opinion, seeing that this is not a one size fits all and also seeing that we all have different reasons why we reincarnate, it is possible that it could have an influence. When I look at my past life memories, I see a lifetime where I was executed in Iran. Before I saw that past life, during my childhood years, I always had a very deep fascination with Iran that I could never explain and I somehow always felt like I belong there. Then there is also my experience of living in France for several years in this life, just knowing my way around some of the cities and towns. I used to feel that I am connected to France since childhood as well and during one of my past life regressions, I saw myself in a different life, dying in France as well.

I think that a soul can reincarnate at any place or time or situation that suits its energy vibration in order for it to continue its soul journey. That might be where they died or it might not.

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. Emilie

Emilie Senior Member

I don’t believe there’s any link.
    Many people are born and die in one country and reincarnate in another.
    We choose our mother, not our location.
    I’m still in the same country - Born in Kent, England, died in London, England, reincarnated in Sheffield England.
    But I doubt my past life had anything to do with that.

11. GuySittingintheStands

Regarding the location of death and the location of rebirth months, years, or decades later, we can't really say yes there is a link or no there is not a link , because we don't know what happens between lives. It may be that there is a period of time during which the deceased can still move around amongst us here in the land of the living, perhaps even by conventional means. Take for example the famous case of James Leininger. His previous personality, WW2 Navy pilot Lt. James M. Huston, jr., was shot down and killed in the western Pacific during the Battle of Iwo Jima, March 3, 1945. His body was never recovered. James Leininger was born in the Dallas, Texas area in the late 1990s. So on the face of it, there seems to be no connection between location of death and place of rebirth. However, we know from his parents' book, Soul Survivor, that little James mentioned seeing his future parents having dinner on a beach near a "pink hotel". It turned out that Bruce and Andrea Leininger happened to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary in Hawaii, at Oahu's famous and famously pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel (the "pink hotel") on Waikiki Beach just a few weeks before James was conceived. Meaningful life between life remarks by young children are rare, and rarer still are remarks that we can locate on a map. So how does then deceased Lt. James M. Huston, jr. get from ChiChi Jima in the western Pacific to Honolulu about 50 years later? We don't know. But the movements of his Navy squadron around March 13, 1945 might give us a clue.

Lt. Huston's squadron was VC-81, which included a group of about 26 Navy pilots and crew stationed aboard the USS Natoma Bay from Sept 1944 to March 11, 1945 when they were relieved by a fresh squadron after over 2200 sorties. VC-81 was sent home to the States for reassignment, March 13, 1945, from a naval air base about 300 miles southwest of Guam (Ulithi Atoll airfield/ navy base). Here is a link to the electronic version of the USS Natoma
    Bay's logbook for 1945:

http://natomabaycve62.org/logbook/NBphotodiaryPt3.html

Pearl Harbor (Oahu) lies about half-way between Ulithi Atoll and whatever the eventual stateside naval air station (NAS Seattle or NAS San Diego) was. My guess is that Navy Squadron VC-81, Lt. Huston's squadron, first stopped off on Oahu for some R&R, before continuing their trip back to the West Coast for reassignment. It would be pure speculation but it certainly is tempting to connect the dots, and have Lt. Huston accompany his squadron "back to Pearl" somehow. Pearl Harbor is a short taxi ride or even within walking distance of Waikiki Beach.

A second opportunity came when the USS Natoma Bay put in at Pearl Harbor, July 30, 1945 for 3 days for minor repairs (see above link).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    glia21 and landsend like this.
  12. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I don’t know why I was born here, I’ve no known connection to this place apart from my current life mother who I have pretty strong evidence that she was my past life mother, too. I can post about that later if more folks are interested. But that then begs the question why was she born here?

Living in a place unconnected to my previous incarnation allowed me to keep my memories hidden from me till a suitable time. I suppose that’s reason enough.

Guess time will tell.

glia21 and Speedwell like this.
  13. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I can't say definitively 'yes' or 'no'.

My life previous to this, I was born in Paris, France and killed in Fürstenberg, Germany. In this life, I was born in England, where I'd spent the most part of my previous life. As that is the only past-life I have definitively identified, I cannot give other examples.

In my previous life, I was raised, met and married my husband, and had my daughter in England. While, much like this life, I loved Paris, but England was my true home. Perhaps, that is why I was reborn here in this life. My soul had all of those 'fresh' connections, so it came to a place that was meaningful to it. London played a big part in my past-life, and in this one it is my favourite place to be. It's a home away from home to me. And, until now, I've not really been able to explain why. But, now, I sense it is that past-life connection. I met my husband in Hyde Park, I took up my cause in London, I cavorted with friends in London nightclubs.

Of course, these are just my thoughts.

14. glia21

glia21 Explorer

Yeah, time will tell.
    For myself I figured out that I might have reincarnated in order to meet certain people, my long time friend and my dad. Why they are right here I don´t know. I´ve had a history with my dad in another PL where he was left behind, and I felt great guilt. All I can say is that my dad liked this country a lot (before he passed away, way too early) whereas I myself still feel like a foreigner. Since it is a quite safe, comfortable place with many achievements (health insurance for almost everybody, strong union, paid maternal leave) and a beautiful environment I´m still here.

15. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I don't think there's a definitive answer for that.

Most of my PL have been in Asia and I've always felt like I belonged there. As of now, I've only seen one PL that was in America, and that was hundreds of miles from where I am now.

Why I chose to plop myself in the land of infinite cornfields, I have no idea.

16. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

The Seeker,

The short term answer to this is no! Once soul drops the heavy dense physical body it does natter or it does not care what happens to it after that. The best way I can describe this is after a hard day at work you are tired from it all and take off your heavy jacket or coat and drop it on the floor where ever it may lay as you are done with it now. What determines that souls next incarnation is the karma that was created and worked out both good and bad in the lifetime. Plus the stage of that souls spiritual development at the time of translating from the physical plane.

Later on the other side soul must spend a certain amount of time of the higher dimensions of our universe to experiences life on the astral and mental dimensions of being which is part of its heaven life before making the decision to incarnate again. Because any dreams, hopes, desires, wishes or spiritual aspirations along with any erroneous aberrations of a lower nature that were not realized or work out on earth by the incarnated personality and lower ego must by the law of karma be realized on the higher dimensions to be worked out and realized as well before the soul is ready to fully take on the process of incarnating back into the lower worlds of duality of time, space and matter again. So in a nutshell soul must live out it's life on the physical, astral and mental dimensions first. Once this has happened the soul finally withdraws itself from the lower world beyond the mental plane and takes residences in full consciousness on the casual/soul plane of being once again which is the true home of pure spirit. There is can decided if incarnating is necessary to further its inner growth and spiritual education and evolution as a spiritual being as there is no time there. From this vantage point soul can see and understand the bigger picture of it's total soul journey both past, present and future.

Hope this helps some.

Keep on seeking my friend.

Love and peace.

P.

KenJ likes this.
  17. GuySittingintheStands

Could the Dalai Lama ever reincarnate in San Francisco? Would the Dalai Lama ever reincarnate in San Francisco?

Why or why not?

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  18. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with many people here. We can choose to stay or go, it's up to us and sometimes based on what our family / soul group is doing too.

From my conversation with people, I honestly think this is one reason many people don't believe in reincarnation. It's not likely that you're going to reincarnate as a doppelganger, two doors down. I think it seems to be beyond people's imagination to understand we do what we want and need to and that isn't defined by anything incarnate. People look at me and say you're not a girl or Chinese! So reincarnation isn't real to them. I think more people are willing to think that if a child dies young, it could come back as a second child, because god gave them a second chance. But they don't really stop and think about what happens to everyone else or if they even reincarnate at all.

KenJ likes this.
  19. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

If he had a reason to, sure. There's really no reason why he couldn't reincarnate in San Francisco. The universe is teeming with endless possibilities

20. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

I died in England, Russia, Japan, USA, among other countries. My death in those countries did not affect my present life, to be honest. Every case is different, of course.

I don't know if we chose our country, but I had visions and dreams about it. I chose a relatively calm Latin American country to live in because I was tired of living in big countries. This sounds superficial from a point of view where I don't have the complete vision.

If we have a choice, I guess there are specific reasons to choose a location. The only life where I died to be born in the same place was a life in Asia. I missed my wife. Years later I was born as his son. I don't remember another life where I was reincarnated in the same place or in a similar place.

Polaris8 and fireflydancing like this.