Does the soul have abilities?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Thyme, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

I asked this question to read experiences. For example, I have had many lives as a writer (not all lives, of course) I wrote books, songs and poems in several lives. In my current life, I love to write and I still have that love for creating stories and I have a lot of creativity.

I know people who have a talent for certain things and effectively in some previous lives they had the same talent. A friend in several past lives was a scientist and now he loves mathematics. A friend dances very well and in some past lives she danced. Is it the soul that has the ability? Do we just follow a pattern of our first life with that talent? I want to read her opinions and experiences about it.

Sorry, but my English is bad. :rolleyes:

2. briski

briski Senior Registered

I think we build our skills from previous lifes and continue on that journey thats why you have child genuises like Mozart. Another example is the reincarnation of Nicola Tesla. Continuing that work from the age of 8

Thyme likes this.
  3. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I was pretty good at shooting when I was in the army, and I found I was still good at it even from an early age this time around! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not ...

Thyme and briski like this.
  4. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

As far as I know, we don't inherit past lives abilities.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Well I've inherited past life abilities baro-san. I didn't realise it until I discovered reincarnation though. I used to think it was because I was so clever.

Thyme and briski like this.
  6. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I would say that people who have a natural talent for things tend to inherit it from past incarnations. They still have to hone these crafts, but they are more likely to be drawn into them and start out at a slightly higher level than souls who are inexperienced. At least, this is my experience.

Thyme and tanker like this.
  7. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

In addition to this, there seems to be a link to talents inherited genetically. I find strands of certain abilities going through nearly everyone back seven or eight generations in my own family, however remotely related they are. However, that still doesn't explain my unusual gift for accurate shooting from early childhood. When I do it now, it feels as if I'm in another state, not in the present. Apparently I look different too. People have noticed this. I don't have any other explanation for it.

8. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Briski, I think something similar tbh.

Tanker, wow, I think it can be something good or something bad, depending on how you look at it. In my case, I see it as a good thing to have writing skills, but at the same time it's bad for me to have so many ideas that I can't write everything that goes through my head. It can be genetic too, but since I discovered that in several past lives I was a writer, I thought of coincidences. Coincidence? Genetics? I don't know. My whole family is good at math and science.

baro-san, I would like to know why you think that. It's not with a desire to fight or anything like that. I'm curious and I'm glad you have a different point of view from mine. Could you explain your point to me?

Jim78 and Spirit Sword, yeah, honestly, I think the same thing.

9. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I know what you mean by being a good shot, a good shot doesn't waste ammo.

tanker likes this.
  10. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I sometimes wonder... are we supposed to use what ever "skills" we got or rather forget them and more or less "sacrifice" ourselves to live in the service of others?

11. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

This is why:

1. It is my experience with regressing to past lives: both sexes, all over the Earth, several races, all kind of occupations, different levels of mental ability, etc.. There isn't even a progression that follows the humanity's time line.

2. My understanding of the reason for which humans exist, the reason for which specific things happened in my life, my model of various planes of existence. This is mostly based on channeled knowledge, some of it confirmed by some authors.

3. I haven't heard / read any reliable data that would support the hypothesis that abilities from one life are passed to other incarnations.

The soul's evolvement is about progressing: instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition, and not about specifically human abilities. The soul doesn't have a human form, nor human interests; it is an essence.

Surely, on this forum we state our beliefs, and learn about others'. Like yourself, I don't intend to argue whose is right, and whose is wrong. :)

12. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

In line with what I stated in my reply above, as far as I know, we aren't here to 'sacrifice' anything. Our focus in this life should be mainly to practice creating reality, and learning to master our emotions. Surely, in the mean time, we should behave morally toward all others, not only toward those we believe to deserve it.

13. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

baro-san, I understand your point and I find it respectable. Now I understand better what you meant. I think that abilities are something physical too, so I asked a question about it, because I'm not sure that the soul has any relation to our abilities. Of course, I talk about my experience. I didn't understand why I had impulses to write and found that in past lives I was a writer, and I have also lived on other planets (where I didn't have an earthly physical talent) so on that side, I understand that the evolution of the soul has to do with progress and not with human abilities, but when we are incarnated on earth I suppose it affects something. Or it is simply a coincidence that in my past lives I have had the same thoughts and ideas that I have today (Speaking of an incarnation on earth, as human).

SeekerOfKnowled, for my part, in the past I wrote books with a slight social critique. I used to criticize society a lot, something that hasn't changed much at the moment. I still have the same thoughts about it and I keep writing about the same thing. When I was eleven I wrote a story. Guess what the theme was: Social criticism and emotional scenes that played with the sadness of seeing the lives of poor people. I didn't even know that in previous lives I had a talent for writing! Until I started to remember. But I want to believe that I did it for a good reason, I don't know. As baro-san said, we should behave morally toward all others, not only toward those we believe to deserve it. We're talking about talents and physical abilities, but I wanted to go further and ask myself if it's that the soul (an essence), by reincarnating on earth specifically, has a physical ability. I don't know if I managed to express myself well. About your question: If it's a skill that helps others, I don't see why it should be forgotten....

Does anyone else have experiences or opinions? :)

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Carloloner likes this.
  15. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

For what it's worth, I had certain abilities as a child, which perhaps flourished until about the time that I recalled the related past life. Since then, those abilities have faded, through lack of use. Why lack of use? Well, in a previous life I put full commitment in a particular direction, took it as far as I was able. There doesn't seem to be any need to try to repeat the same pattern. This is a different era, with different technologies. If for no other reason, changing technologies meant it was time to move on. But more importantly, I characterise this lifetime as one of healing. Last time around, I pushed ahead, like a plough cutting a furrow in the ground, without regard for any injuries I or anyone else sustained in that single-minded effort. That's another reason to not attempt the same thing again. And lastly, what drove me last time was an inner fire, an energy, which drives me in different direction now. I still honour and respect who I was, because that person too was driven by ancient memories, something from so long ago it is unrecorded. In that respect we share the same aim. But outward variations in the way it manifests from one life to another are trivial by comparison.
    (Apologies yet again for speaking in generalities. I find it so hard to offer any detail.)

16. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I can't really say for sure rather we carry on talents from our past lives or not, but I believe it's possible. In this life I have a talent for the arts. I'm not sure if I had the same talent in my past life though since I don't remember much of it. Now I'm suddenly curious to find out more about my past life and rather my talent for art is something I carried over from past life.

17. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Speedwell, I know exactly what you're talking about. My writing skills are still valid but my artistic skills are disappearing because I don't use them anymore. I feel that in my past life I suffered from having that musical talent (Although I understand the motivations of that person I was in the past life) Of course, every person we were in that moment had to have different motivations to use that skill. Don't worry about speaking in generalities! I appreciate your opinion and I liked what you said, in fact.

GalaxyDreamer, my opinions are very personal, but I hope you manage to find that talent in some past life so that you can think about what you can do with that talent today. I had a life as an artist, but the important thing is that I discovered my interest in music and the arts, too. However, I have lived more lives as a writer. (For me it's more interesting to create a story than to play the guitar and scream like I did at some point) If you discover that talent for the arts in a past life, you can comment on it later :) I would like to read your experience. One question, is your talent related to musical arts or the type of arth where you draw or paint? Or is it just a mixture of various artistic things?

WhiteRose and Speedwell like this.
  18. glia21

glia21 explorer21

In my experience I tend to say that people carry on their talents to a certain extent. And probably also their inabilities :rolleyes: as I tried a couple of times in different PLs to play the piano and still can´t do it :p . In this life as a kid I had lessons for 3 years and didn´t succeed. I was really at a low level, only able to play the basics. In my most recent PL I had lessons too, with my sister. And before that, I think in France (not sure) I had lessons too.
    I admire good piano players although I´m more into words and lyrics. I don´t enjoy classical music that much.

To speak about abilities, the very first time I played baseball (ok it was softball) I was quite good at it and the people around were surprised I knew how to throw the ball. Baseball is not common here, first time I threw a ball I was seventeen and I was on vacation in San Diego. I was also quite good at shooting pool right from the start.
    I also enjoy aiming at targets, with a bow & arrow, and shooting nerfs :D
    I´ve had an interest in literature right from the start too.

I really can´t say I might have inherited any of these abilities/interests/talents/traits since my parents and brothers interests are far from mine.

Thyme and tanker like this.