Dream meanings?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Christina Conrad, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Active Member

Are any of you out there good at knowing what dreams mean? I had some really weird dreams over the weekend. Friday night I dreamed I had a demon attached to some object I owned and it would not leave me alone. I couldn't figure out what it was attached to and I kept getting rid of stuff thinking that was the object but it kept coming back. I never saw an actual physical demon but it was there, like an invisible energy wreaking havoc. It was terrifying!!

Then last night I dreamed that my husband and I moved into a haunted house. We knew there were deaths in the house before we bought it and that it had a reputation for being haunted but we bought it anyway. The previous owners told us they had made peace with the ghosts and were able to live with them so we felt confident that we could as well. So we move in and the house is kind of mess in disarray and it needed a little work. I told my husband that I at least wanted to get our bedroom set up and sorted so we could sleep there then I'd sort out the rest at a later time. I start unpacking stuff and I see a rocking chair rocking by itself. I point it out to my husband. We are not scared though. SO I said, "We know you are here and it's ok." Next thing we are going through the rest of the house and find this room with a bunch of washing machines and dryers that expands into like an office area (I know....weird). Apparently this house was a mansion owned by some rich businessman from the past (I don't know what era). His entire family lived there and died there but I never knew how, but it was assumed murder of some sort. So I kind of felt like the washing machine room was to accommodate all the people who lived there. I mentioned to my husband that it would be a good hobby room for him if we removed all the washers. He agreed and also said the office would be good for him as well. I don't really remember much more about the dream but I wanted to somehow let the ghosts know they were not forgotten and I had these plaques with all of their names on it hanging so they would feel like part of the family. Super bizarre!!

2. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

I'll share what I see in the dreams. Even if I'm wrong it will probably help because you will think "that's not right, it's about this!" and have your answer.

In the first dream there is a problem in your life that you've been assuming is caused by something or someone other than you. However, it's actually connected to you alone, because even though you keep getting rid of the things you think of as causing the problem it always returns. Your fear is only because it's hard to take responsibility, and you may think it will take over your life if you acknowledge the connection.

It's terrifying to face our "dark side" (mostly because we avoid facing it and pulling it into the light) because we often equate it with being unlovable or undeserving of good. But that's not how it works. The dark side reminds us that healing, healthy boundaries, forgiveness, and self examination are essential to life, too. Usually the dark side is trying to protect us from past wounds. You can thank it, tame it, apologize for not having better boundaries (if necessary), and teach it better ways to care for and protect you. The good thing is that once you own it the problem can be dealt with/ healed and will no longer be destructive to your "space" (relationships, work, environment, etc). The outside problems will seem to vanish as a result, because there won't be a fear in you for those issues to anchor on.

The second dream has to do with inheritance. You've inherited a life from the past, and now you're thinking through how you can bring the best of it forward and make use of it while eliminating what you don't need. Even though you're investing and changing your inheritance to suit you it's still important to you to remember that what you have is a gift from the past. This may be related to past lives. It could be about your guides and all that they bring to your life. It may also be a more literal and tangible inheritance. A vital part of the house (life) is the family, and you were happy to adopt them as your own. You value your connections to others and prefer not to overlook anyone.

Whatever personal quality your bedroom brings out in you is shown as very important to you. Perhaps it symbolizes your love for your husband, because the second place you spent time on in the house was for him, focusing both on his creativity and his work. Taking the symbolic cleansing of the past "masses of dirty laundry" represented by the washers, you seem to feel it will turn into creativity for him and possibly profit for your family.

Let me know if this helped clarify the dreams for you.

3. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Active Member

A lot of what you said makes sense. there is something kind of dark from my past but not something I did personally, that is like a black cloud over my head. It's something I live with, but there really isn't a total resolution. I haven't totally made peace with it which is an ongoing struggle.

I like what you said about the washers represent cleansing past "dirty laundry". That also makes sense in relation to the dark cloud in my past. And of course I am pursuing past lives and hoping stuff starts coming to light more.

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  4. Kellybin

Kellybin New Member

Thank you for the discussion guys. I am really glad to get the meaning of dreaming. Actually I didn't know the actual meaning of dreaming. But interested to know more about it. lol

5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Dream interpretation is taking the elements of a dream and looking at how they might apply to the dreamer's life somehow. Usually dreams are sorting out something going on beneath the surface. Understanding a dream can help when trying to sort out real life problems or decisions, because it can help point out what your intuition is saying to you.

Dreams are always very personal, and best interpreted by the person who had the dream. (Intuitives might have the skill to pick up on the other person's interpretation or get help from their guides in understanding a dream.) Still, there are usually elements that are more broadly connected with widely shared aspects of life, so pretty much anyone can give a more superficial interpretation as well.

It helps to keep in mind that different cultures will dream symbols differently, and someone who reads a lot of a certain kind of book (from science to myth) will dream in alignment with their understanding of symbols based on those books.

fireflydancing likes this.
  6. Kellybin

Kellybin New Member

Thanks again for your guidance about dream.

7. FriendlyJack

FriendlyJack New Member

Hi Christina,
    I am not a dream interpreter.
    But I know that sometimes an associate or friends tells a story and that develops in ones mind too.
    Was it like that with u?
    Cheers
    Max

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Just for reference - Jeremy Taylor has some great books and a website for common themes in dreams.

9. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks. This is great.